Gran Turismo Sport [PS4]

Shame they used the old models, with the visible lines on the wheel arches and dark windows. It's like they don't know how to show off a game.

Is Gran Turismo Sport now the Gran Turismo, or is it still a crappy cut down version/demo like GT Academy was?

One would think they used an oval to show off the graphics but when they zoom out on the track its like, whoa who slipped this ps2 track in here, and thats with practically empty stands.

Shame they used the old models, with the visible lines on the wheel arches and dark windows. It's like they don't know how to show off a game.

Is Gran Turismo Sport now the Gran Turismo, or is it still a crappy cut down version/demo like GT Academy was?

Lol, when they were going down the line they got to the one car with the poly wheel wells and I was expecting them to pan up to see Crash Bandicoot in the drivers seat.

The host/commentator said that they are using a newer build for today vs last night.

edit: It looks... unimpressive. Frame rate looks solid though and the IQ is clean enough (at least for me who don't mind playing at sub HD res). It doesn't feel like the game is pushing the hardware. Will it feature dynamic weather?
Either they reserving the power for VR or maybe they want to guarantee a 60fps experience since this game is promoted for sport, thus a solid fps is more important than pretty pixels.
2nd race looks more interesting...

Last edited:
Finally a real track, it looks good. Still some artifacts and shadows issues. Not worried about those, there's still 6 months to fix these things.

I hope there's enough single player stuff, if this is too focused on their esport thing, I'll wait for the real GT7 (Kaz said it's coming out in 2017, so that means 2020 for PS5 or something).

Brands Hatch looks nice! The one thing disturbing me the most is the car shadow. It shimmering and sometimes go from hard to blurry. The last problem is probably a bug though....
Can't judge the sound though since I'm not familiar with how these car should should sound like. I think it is something that they can improve. The question is will they improve it?

Can't judge the sound though since I'm not familiar with how these car should should sound like.

Listen to this

It's not even in the same stratosphere. PD really have to improve, sound is key for racing games. Forza, Assetto Corsa and PCars are all better in terms of sound as well.

The King has been dethroned from the sounds of it. Because of the sound of it, as much as anything.

With so little room left to innovate in the racing space, you have to compete, and the competition is far, far better than PD has ever faced before. Also makes me question the Codemasters plan of becoming the number one racing publisher, where every racer and his dog can do photorealistic accurate yada yada.

This is how cars sound like

It's hilarious how Evo schooled the entire racing genre on their first try. I had high hopes for GTS.
They hired Mike Caviezel in 2015 as the lead audio engineer. His track record is pretty good, so if they still used the old sounds in today's demo, maybe they need more time.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/mike-caviezel-8710291

Maybe, i'll still give the final game a go but i have to say i'm disappointed from what we've seen today.

Where have the days gone when GT was the pinnacle of visuals and features?

Gone apparently. But GT Sport is all about nostalgia. Look, cardboard trees like in the good old days!

79PyWZd.png

Back