NPD April 2016 Sales Results

Rangers

Legend
  1. Dark Souls III (PS4, Xbox One)
  2. Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
  3. MLB 16: The Show (PS4, PS3)
  4. Tom Clancy’s The Division (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
  5. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
  6. Minecraft (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3)
  7. Quantum Break (Xbox One)
  8. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
  9. NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
  10. Star Fox: Zero (Wii U)
http://venturebeat.com/2016/04/14/march-2016-npd-division-zelda/

These are supposedly accurate numbers from "a good source" for hardware on GAF. I'm assuming Aquamarine posted them on Chartz though I havent checked it out.

PS4 - 175k
XB1 - 168k
WIU - 32k
360 - 13k
PS3 - 4k

Editz: Oops it's April NPD not March. Assume a mod has to edit that..

Last edited:
Yeah, Aquamarine posted them at VGChartz.

PS4 was pretty much flat YOY, XB1 down ~10%. XB1 had a 'temporary' $50 cut didn't it? As well as bundle promos I believe.

Glad to see Ratchet & Clank doing well. MLB The Show charted higher than usual. Either a slow month software wise, or it sold better than usual. Maybe a little of both.

Curious about Quantum Break.

Aqua said several top ten titles sold only 100k. So yeah, very slow month.

EA now says digital is 30-32% of their full game sales I think. They even claimed >50% digital for Madden 17 although there's confusion if they include EA access in that which would obviously boost the number. NPD is less and less of the picture.

And that's a pretty poor month for PS4 regardless of MoM spin. It usually wins by much more. i have to ask if PS4K rumors are taking a toll.

Or people waiting for the Uncharted bundle. But if it is the same as last years April it means little anyway.

And that's a pretty poor month for PS4 regardless of MoM spin. It usually wins by much more. i have to ask if PS4K rumors are taking a toll.

April is always slow for PS. They had their biggest game of the year slip into May. Meanwhile the XB1 had one of its largest exclusives (QB) and a $50 price drop (along with trade in deals) to push numbers up. You should be more surprised MS didn't win, the month was for the taking. I doubt many people know or care about PS4k rumors. That's more of a hardcore inside baseball thing still.

Aqua has dribbled out these software numbers

1. Dark Souls III (PS4, XBO) - 504k
2. Ratchet & Clank (PS4) > 207.5k (highest selling Ratchet game)
3. MLB 16: The Show (PS4, PS3) < 185k
4. Tom Clancy’s The Division (PS4, XBO, PC) <175k
5. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC)
6. Minecraft (XBO, 360, PS4, PS3)
7. Quantum Break (XBO) < 150k (including bundles)
8. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3, PC) - 105k
9. NBA 2K16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3) - 103k
10. Star Fox Zero (Wii U)

This month:

Dark Souls III - 504k
MLB 16: The Show - Just below 185k
Tom Clancy's The Division - 175k (including bundles)
Tom Clancy's The Division (XBO) - 91k (including bundles)
Tom Clancy's The Division (PS4) - 84k (including bundles)
Quantum Break - Somewhere below the 150k mark (including bundles)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III - 105k (standalone); 262k (including bundles)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III (PS4/PS3) - 197k (including bundles)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III (XBO/360) - 65k (including bundles)
NBA 2K16 - 103k (standalone)
Bravely Second: End Layer < 100k
Pokemon Rumble World - Well below the 50k mark
Tales from the Borderlands - Well below the 25k mark
Ratchet & Clank > 207.5k (highest selling Ratchet game)
EA Sports UFC 2 - 78k
Star Wars Battlefront - 43k (-52% YoY from Battlefield); 3.97 million LTD (-9% YoY)
FIFA 16 - 38k (-42% YoY); 2.3 million LTD (-23% YoY)
Madden NFL 16 - 24k (-34% YoY); 4.71 million LTD (+0% YoY)

LTD:

Tom Clancy’s The Division - ~1.971m (including bundles)
EA Sports UFC 2 - ~363k
MLB 16: The Show < 460k
Star Wars Battlefront - 3.97 million (-9% YoY)
FIFA 16 - 2.3 million (-23% YoY)
Madden NFL 16 - 4.71 million (+0% YoY)

Another big table from Aquamarine. Activision sales.

It looks like they do well better on Xbox, but, maybe bundles not included (could affect COD I guess). Also, I'm guessing 360 legacy sales helps a lot. And look at that Wii U skew for Skylanders. And Destiny sales is neat to see...doesn't seem super high.

E1dFatK.png

It looks like they do well better on Xbox, but, maybe bundles not included (could affect COD I guess). Also, I'm guessing 360 legacy sales helps a lot. And look at that Wii U skew for Skylanders. And Destiny sales is neat to see...doesn't seem super high.
She is trying to drown VGchartz with NPD data. :smile2:

And carry out her vendetta against Neogaf for banning her...by giving Chartz all the goodies.

She claims she has NPD permission to post the numbers that she is. I wonder if that's true.

It would be awesome to see a chart like that for Ubisoft and EA.

Last edited:

And look at that Wii U skew for Skylanders.

Thats because there are no other games for WiiU. Not surprising to me. Content starved platform gets new content, its going to be gobbled up. They have no one else to compete with.

GTA V, a game that was originally released almost 3 years ago, is in the top 5 list.
Fascinating.

Well it got a bit of extended legs because of the nextgen release that happened latter, right? I remember it being released a year or so after the original PS360 release.

I am amazed at Minecraft.

Nah, I'm one such person also.

If you haven't played GTA-V then you can survive for even longer without having played Uncharted 4. Hold off on purchasing that PS console until PS5 is out.

Last edited:
If you haven't played GTA-V then you can survive for even onger without having played Uncharted 4. Hold off on purchasing that PS console until PS5 is out.
Yep. Better wait for the Bluepoint PS5 remaster: Glorious 4K at 60fps! I am sure he can wait until ~2020. :rolleyes:

He'll even probably be able to play Bloodborne remastered at 4K too. Just the game of the generation (IMO), no biggies. The same way we can play Demon's souls remastered on PS4 now. :nope:

Back