Accurate human rendering in game [2014-2016]

Status
Not open for further replies.
well now that's looking quite good

GvvyxeM.jpg

Where did you find that?

Edit: found it on NeoGAF, apparently official screenshot?

Last edited:
That's quite something (hair etc).

Low-poly collarneck - guess they render cut-scenes in real-time still?

Bucks' (Halo 5) hair was a bit too shiny. ;)
i think so, maybe like BO3, realtime cutscenes at 30fps.

edit:

I guess we'll see (the last COD game I played was BO2, so I don't know the situation with cut-scenes).

(Pressed A to Cover)

Last edited:
After closer look i'm sure that's CGI.
The collarneck looks polygonal but this is just the way theses clothes are designed. IQ is too good and shadows too perfect even on small details like the buttons.
Laa-Yosh must have been working on this that's why he asked where i had found this pic ^^

That was my impression too. The collar is not edgy from lack of polygons, it looks like it's part of the design. Could be wrong.

Edit: Then again there are polygon edges on his shoulder... Fascinating.

It is interesting to compare to the projects going back a few years, although these are R&D projects rather than in current games.

Cheers

I don't see how seeing polygon edges preclude a CGI render with like for like game assets. I'm not saying these are necessarily CGI, or realtime for that matter, just that seeing polygon edges wouldn't make anything realtime.

The plan is to never go back, but to make our new world order here, on this strange planet. Only accurately rendered humans will be invited, so get rid of your polygon hairdos with an overuse of L'Oreal products, approximated fake SSS skins, dead fish eyes - and for Jim Blinn's sake, get a tongue!

Sorry for the silliness though, let me see if there's something where I can actually contribute...

Looking at all the Drake ingame shots from UC4, the one thing I find curious is the nostrils. In real life, these are real cavities with depth and thus they're always pretty dark, you can't see into them. In Uc4 they're sometimes blacked out as well, but on some shots they aren't and you can see that the ingame model has no actual depth there. I wonder why this is not consistent.

Edit: also, anyone who knows where the quote is from will definitely get a nice position under my command

Um despite rendering at 4k why is QB's model so blurry still? The face is sorely lacking in texture res and no alpha maps for beard strands is also last gen ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back