Quantum Break [UWP]

alt+f4 or exit button from the app

Only 1.5gigs left in the update for me to download! :D Will report back with performance.
Yups. That's why I said common gamer and couch gamer.

The ones that can be fooled to press alt f4.

"dude! Thats a sick weapon! How did you get that? "

"oooh, it's a secret weapon. You start by pressing alt f4..."

*based on actual experience in bfbc2 and bf3 lol. Really funny reading the chat box at that time and seeing they really getting disconnected.

Game still runs like shit on Nvidia GPUs. And it is still reconstructing the image when upscaling is off, just like i thought it would. It just uses the native res to reconstruct to higher res.
Moving screenshot:
1qjk5f.png

Still:
2g6jpf.png

And ghosting is much, much more visible with up-scaling off. Keep in mind that i can't get a stable 30 fps (feels like 20) at 1080p "native" with every setting set to medium on an highly overclocked 970. This port cannot be salvaged but maybe i can now get a perfectly locked 30 fps with X1 settings (i still can't get 60 fps with medium settings and upscalling set to on). I'm guessing it's something to do with the MSAA they are using with a deferred render.

I can confirm that the frame pacing and 30 fps lock work perfectly now, finally! :D

That's good to hear. Presumably that works regardless of whether you have upscaling turned on or off.

Also, can the game hit 60fps on a monitor with 60hz native refresh rate?

It can yeah but i don't think i can hit 60 at all times on a 970, maybe with AMD gpus things are better though, they outperform Nvidia GPU by a wide margin in QB.

What the heck! Quantum break runs in windowed with borders? I though it at least runs in full screen borderless mode.

Seriously, UWP is still in beta or something?
No, lol, runs borderless fullscreen

I always thought that pc gamers new every keyboard shortcut, and now are complaining that they could not find the exit in a windows app??

Can anyone with an AMD gpu report on performance with this patch? Haven't seen much difference other than frame pacing with an Nvidia gpu.

I think if you got a beefy AMD gpu you can run this game at an evenly paced 60hz, the problem is the memory leak is still in place so after a time the performance gets worse and worse and you have to reset the game to fix it (or switch between windowed and fullscreen some times).

Last edited:
I am pretty interested in trying this game but man it sounds like a disaster.

I am pretty interested in trying this game but man it sounds like a disaster.

Yeah I'll probably get it but not until it hits bargain bin prices. The two biggest issues were the frame pacing and lack of native resolution so I'm glad those have been fixed, but the performance requirements, especially for NV cards are ridiculous. I'll likely end up playing it on a GTX 1080 or maybe a 1070. I might even be able to max it out at 1080p native with a nice solid 30fps!

How in the fuck did this get released with a massive memory leak

Just

How

How do you not notice that

How do you not make that a TOP priority to fix

How

Just... how

On a side note, anybody figure out why AMD gpus are so much better in this game? Seems like a case of Crysis 2 all over again... Those were dark times, dark times indeed.

On a side note, anybody figure out why AMD gpus are so much better in this game? Seems like a case of Crysis 2 all over again... Those were dark times, dark times indeed.

Maybe Nvidia just has shitty drivers or they didn't optimize for this game yet?

I don't have the game so I can't test it on AMD, but are you sure the memory leek is the game , and not the drivers.
I seem to recall Nvidia having memory leaks with different games, and they seemed to be fixing them one at a time, IIRC.

I don't have the game so I can't test it on AMD, but are you sure the memory leek is the game , and not the drivers.
I seem to recall Nvidia having memory leaks with different games, and they seemed to be fixing them one at a time, IIRC.
That was a really long time ago wasn't it? I haven't noticed this in years.

I noticed it with my 8800GTS 320MB and maybe a little with the 8800GT 512MB. Not since then.

Remedy have acknowledged the problem, it's not only for Nvidia but a Windows 10 issue, they say we'll have to wait for a future W10 update for it to be fixed.

Back