PS4 Pro Speculation (PS4K NEO Kaio-Ken-Kutaragi-Kaz Neo-san)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As described here, what if it's just a PS4 that runs the same games but in better quality? I've just revisited a couple of old games on PS3 - From Dust and Sacred Citadels. If I could play those in 1080p60 with nice AA, I'd be well up for that.

I can see it now... The Last of Us: The Remastered Edition from the remastered edition. See Joel tears as they were meant to be... in 4K!

Let me stop, I'll probably pick it up again... :yep2:

According to digital foundry (I know right?) none of their sources could confirm the development kits were ever, or currently in hands of actual developers.
Now I know most of you guys probably have better sources than digital foundry, but I for one, take their word for it.

The Boss of Xbox, the X Boss is also against it like I mentioned before. But seeing how enthusiastic he was about Kinect... his opinion should hold no value.

The Boss of Xbox, the X Boss is also against it like I mentioned before. But seeing how enthusiastic he was about Kinect... his opinion should hold no value.

:rolleyes:
Back in 2010. At that time Kinect was huge with all sorts of market success. Please find a new item to harp on about.

Investors don't care since Xbox division is very small part of MS. MS also does not put Xbox hardware in spotlight anymore, they don't report sales numbers and investors did not freak out about that.

Investors don't care since Xbox division is very small part of MS. MS also does not put Xbox hardware in spotlight anymore, they don't report sales numbers and investors did not freak out about that.
Are these the same investors who have been pressuring Microsoft to lose Xbox division? Because that's weird thing for people who don't care. Investors want companies with growth potential so on top of dumping Windows licensing fees (thanks to Windows 10), whatever is going on with Nokia/WindowsPhone they do not need Microsoft fumbling a multi-billion market like video games.

Which is a lot less than the amount of money Sony has pilling in from the ps4.
I don't quite follow. Are you saying that Xbox is insignificant to Microsoft? If so, it probably won't be a big deal to wind it down.

They have money to lose. And investor confidence.

I love how Sony never ever has investors, at least I have never seen them concern trolled on a forum.

I think forum fanboys care way way more than any microsoft investors do TBH. I do not think any Microsoft investors are sitting around worried about Xbox (I'm sure more are pro Xbox if anything at all).

Last edited:
I love how Sony never ever has investors, at least I have never seen them concern trolled on a forum.
Right, it's like I've never posted about Sony investors or investor pressure for Sony to sell off PlayStation. :rolleyes: The difference being, investors wanted Sony to PlayStation because it was profitable.

I do not think any Microsoft investors are sitting around worried about Xbox (I'm sure more are pro Xbox if anything at all).
True, Microsoft investors have much bigger concerns than Xbox.

Looking at the rumors about the AMD cards i'm wondering if we are going to essentially get the R9 480 in the new PS4.

Also had this thought come to my head whereby Sony started including the PS4.5 hardware built in to their TV sets. I'd buy a Sony TV that was 4K HDR with playstation built in. Probably would never happen but I think they would grow the PlayStation install base even more if they did.

It's kinda pointless though. Like those DVD+TV combos. You wouldn't save a great deal of money integrating the console with the TV, unless you made a custom system that used the console to drive the TV. Otherwise, using the standard low power, low cost ASICS and the existing software base is a lot cheaper. For those wanting PS4k and TV, oofer a bundle deal.

Sony already (kind of) has a Playstation built into the TV, samsung as well! It's called Playstation now, and it could potentially be a PS5.
I just received my new internet this week: it's 500 megabit per second. (actually it's 510). I really should test PlayStation Now. I mean, not right now, but at one point in the future, it's called "PlayStation Now" even if you try it in a week.

An actual PS4.x inside a tv though? That would make it the thickest TV in recent history :)

Putting an expensive device like PS4(.5, 4k, whatever) inside another expensive device like a TV is fail. If one breaks, both get taken out of commission, and when one is obsolete, the other gets obsoleted by function. Also, factors like heat, noise and so on play a part of course... These frankenstein devices have never been very popular historically, for good reason. :p

Also - how many different model TVs do you offer with PS4s in them? One size fits all, and if so, how big; 60 inch, 50, 40? Or all of them? Lots of expensive inventory to manage there, which would make accountants nervous methinks. TV models do get replaced every year after all.

Sony already (kind of) has a Playstation built into the TV, samsung as well! It's called Playstation now, and it could potentially be a PS5.
I just received my new internet this week: it's 500 megabit per second. (actually it's 510). I really should test PlayStation Now. I mean, not right now, but at one point in the future, it's called "PlayStation Now" even if you try it in a week.

An actual PS4.x inside a tv though? That would make it the thickest TV in recent history :)

No kind of about it, Sony has done a console within a screen

http://www.techspot.com/news/41415-sony-sells-tv-with-a-built-in-playstation-2.html

I think all sony tvs sold this year secretly have all plah station hardware built in from ps1 to ps4k (including psp and vita) plus at least 2 ray tracing chips. Its such a great idea, it has to be true. Imagine how much that expands their install base!

Sent from my LG-D385 using Tapatalk

Remember when Panasonic put a Nintendo Gamecube inside a DVD Player? ;)

More rumors with specfic details on specs: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1209238

CPU: 8 Jaguar Cores at 2.1 GHz
GPU: Improved AMD GCN, 36 CUs at 911 MHz
Memory: 8 GB GDDR5, 218 GB/s

Fits one of my predictions almost spot on that they are probably just shrinking existing PS4 architecture to 14nm, doubling the CU's and clocking everything higher.

Edit: I say "rumours" but apparently giantbomb confirmed this with "multiple sources".

The only way I see this making sense is if
Its only for playing PSVR stuff at better res/framerate

If it also plays normal PS4 games at better res/framerate than the existing PS4 then those owners will feel (rightly) pissed off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back