Accurate human rendering in game [2014-2016]

Status
Not open for further replies.
QB ingame Xbox One.

JcBwErB.gif

lWxnpSf.gif
Nice stuff, although it's very dark, I'd expect the cornea part over the iris return a hint of specular, from the same source that creates the specular on the sclera, as that cornea is curved a bit more. Nice eyelid adjustment for gaze direction, and skin shading.

That collar thing is bothering me but she looks great i agree.

Jack Joyce again, no self shadowing during gameplay
jack5ibqx0.jpg

Afaik only Until Dawn is doing proper self shadowing during gameplay and even that is excluding hair. QB gets both an extra lighting pass + self shadowing during cutscenes. I think the best part about QB is not the model itself but the animation during cutscenes, it looks very convincing :yep2:

I see self shadowing here..screenshot taken from the neogaf console screenshot thread.

quantumbreakaxkbl.png

Maybe it's only in selected areas/light sources. Will have to check on my second playthrough

Nice stuff, although it's very dark, I'd expect the cornea part over the iris return a hint of specular, from the same source that creates the specular on the sclera, as that cornea is curved a bit more. Nice eyelid adjustment for gaze direction, and skin shading.

I took another capture highlighting the speculars in his eyes.
Note that the video is extremely zoomed.

SLnmidQ.gif

9kkFBxy.gif

ZaoLoe.jpg

This was before the improved hair shaders and better SSS mind you...

Nice render.

Second gif looks a bit weird, first gif looks amazing! Reminds me of UD (and that had great eye detail) :)

Edit: UD during gameplay closeups
RepulsiveDistantAffenpinscher.gif

Last edited:
Second gif looks a bit weird, first gif looks amazing! Reminds me of UD (and that had great eye detail) :)

Edit: UD during gameplay closeups
RepulsiveDistantAffenpinscher.gif
What is the player doing with the left stick during that? :oops:

I thought he looked scarry and his mom fared even worse. Hair, specially, looked very wig like to me in both. So much so I could barely take my eyes off of it and apreciate anything else...

Sent from my LG-D385 using Tapatalk

Often I can not understand why people say that something is Uncanny Valley. The only known thing that I would describe as Uncanny Valley for me is this:

Until Dawn, Uncharted 4, Squadron 42, Ryse etc. I like them all.

I'm not sure of the relevance of this to the thread topic in particular.
I thought I saw discussion of the pre-Star Wars Uncharted 4 coin flip trailer too, which is of the quality I'd expect to see for a 'billion dollar' franchise.

I'm wondering if maybe the Gears trailer was produced internally to reduce costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back