I won right to buy the PS4 20th Anniversary Edition, What should i do with it?

No I found the 2 persons but with the second one I let my cousin pretend he spotted the person, so he could receive the price and give it to me in exchange for my old PS4, as we agreed upon beforehand

So if you won 2 ps4's you would swap a black one for a grey one plus your cousin had to win one for you so you would end up with 3 ps4's
The plan was for Egmon83 to have two grey anniversary PS4s - one to use and one to preserve to sell at a later date for Crazy Money. He agreed with his cousin that his cousin would win an Anniversary PS4 and swap for Egmon83's current, normal, plain, vanilla, black PS4. Thereby his cuz would get a free PS4 and Egmon83 would get his two grey PS4s. But the cuz was a thievin' back-stabbin' deal whincer so Egmon83 missed out on one grey PS4. Which, considering all he did was run around with a paper bag on his head where other people had to go to great lengths to get their anniversary PS4s, is probably fair.

The plan was for Egmon83 to have two grey anniversary PS4s - one to use and one to preserve to sell at a later date for Crazy Money. He agreed with his cousin that his cousin would win an Anniversary PS4 and swap for Egmon83's current, normal, plain, vanilla, black PS4. Thereby his cuz would get a free PS4 and Egmon83 would get his two grey PS4s. But the cuz was a thievin' back-stabbin' deal whincer so Egmon83 missed out on one grey PS4. Which, considering all he did was run around with a paper bag on his head where other people had to go to great lengths to get their anniversary PS4s, is probably fair.

rPNCqww.jpg

Now it all makes sense. OT: just sell the gray Ps4 at a cray price anyway, technically it's just a Ps4 with a paint job...

Good summary Shifty Geezer!
I'll maybe buy a second one to play on once they drop to 600-700 euro. But come to think of it, I'm used to the CEH-1200 noise levels so now I probably can never enjoy the 20th anniversary. Should have bought the grey headphones to cancel out the noise :p

You should take over from Morgan Freeman doing narration work. Or at least write for him.

Read that in his voice and tell me it doesn't work.

You can't.

So what other models of Human Tivo exist besides ShiftyGeezer?

Actually the outfit was hidden under my vest until the last moment, as to not attract the mass of participants when I was homing in on the target. I chose the outfit because the event rules stated that you could not walk around with your face covered up, because of laws in the country. This meant I had an excuse to walk around 'normal', the vest was also allowed because of the cold weather. I just rolled up the white coat under it so it would be safer to ride my bike :D

The ultimate irony was at family Christmas dinner (my cousin was not attending because he was with his girlfriends' family) at one point everybody was talking about my cousin being super clever as he won a super rare PS4 which could be worth thousands of euros..

If I ever do an unboxing I'll post it here!

OT: just sell the gray Ps4 at a cray price anyway, technically it's just a Ps4 with a paint job...

Well it is a little bit more than a paint job! It has the number, the finish underneath has a metal strip and of course the O, Square, Triangle, X is imprinted on the paintwork (as well as the touchpad on the controller). Plus it's having that bit of history in your hands...can't really put a price on that.

Talking of the 20th anniversary stuff, I seem to be adicted to buying it...I now have PS4, extra controller (have left proper one and camera in box), headset, steelbook, wallet, keyring & phone case...and probably more stuff I forgot lol

Did they not know you won one 'also'?
It was before I was able to brag about my victory :( told my mom about it when everybody left her house. She had to laugh hard though. She even said: "don't you have enough PlayStations?" (I have boxes of PlayStations stored at her house in the attic )

I just saw the word "cray" somewhere here. Now I want to die.

Then you'll love this http://www.livescience.com/18392-reading-jumbled-words.html
For emaxlpe, it deson’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod aepapr, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit pobelrm.

S1M1L4RLY, Y0UR M1ND 15 R34D1NG 7H15 4U70M471C4LLY W17H0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17

:devilish:

Only when you've learnt how to read and are well practiced in it. Your brain then does sufficient pattern matching with expected results. It'd be impossible to learn to read with messed up material like that*. Nor could you successfully read some other language. eg. try to read this (don't have to understand it, just need to pronounce it)
Par empexle, il n'a pas d'iptromcane dnas qeul odrre les lertets d'un mot apsasaiprent ...
When in correct form, it's parsable and you could get something out that a French speaker might be able to understand.
Par exemple, il n'a pas d'importance dans quel ordre les lettres d'un mot apparaissent ...

* Okay, not impossible if you had enough people giving lots of examples of reading mixed letters. You'd learn to recognise them eventually, only making your life a hell of a lot harder! However, you'd have no means to learn new words, so when presented with a scientific term like hxorontdphynhyleyeal, you'd never be able to interpret that as hydroxyphenylethanol which is otherwise a doddle to read because it conforms to the rules of English phonetic construction.

Teaching of English went very "whole word" for a long time, and it was crap. Now we focus more on phonetics and it's much better, although whole-word recognition is still part of reading strategy (it's natural after all, as per your example of how we can use image recognition to read gibberish).

Talking of winning stuff and it 'going wrong', back in the day of On Digital I went to a presentation (on behalf of Currys) - there were 4 of us and we all agreed if we won anything we'd split it 4 ways. Anyway, turns out the event was like a TV sales show where on stage Sally Meen (GMTV presenter at the time) went through why On Digital was so great. During the show she kept on saying to pay attention because someone would win a 'top of the range £2000 w/s TV'.

Anyway, at the end of the presentation she asked for 4 people form the audience and I put my hand up - we went on stage and then found out we were to have a quiz - so it turned into a kind of game show with TV audience...we stood behind these buzzers and it was essentially first to buzz in and answers correctly gets a point. Adrenalyn kicked in and I got the first 5 off the bat, I never looked back and won with ease.

Of course this was not what we expected at all - and I needed a new TV so I told the guys I would give them £50 each (at the time I was skint and had 2 jobs - the Currys job was my 2nd job so I could afford the bills) I figured it wasn't like a lucky dip - I did all the work and either one of them may have tried and failed so whilst I felt a initially guilty after talking it through it felt fair enough under the circumstances. 1 guy got a bit silly over it and threw his toys out the pram, but the other 2 were over the moon.

The TV turned up but it was just a bog standard £500 TV lol. So I complained to On Digital who said I was lying, said they had watched the tape back (but for some reason wouldn't send me a copy - would have loved to watch it back!) then they complained to my manager - who lent on me to accept the lesser TV. I told him that I would if he wanted me too but that I wasn't lying, they had made a promise and On Digital expected me to sell their product so...you know, not a great impression. Next day On Digital called me asking when I could accept my £2000 TV :)

It was one of the Philips 32" widescreen tube 100Hz jobbies, top of the range - I was well chuffed. The guy who was a bit upset did apologise eventually, I couldn't blame him - I'd be upset too but sometimes it's hard to do the right thing - especially when money is tight.

Great that you still got the promised TV! It's wrong that they complained to your manager though, especially given that they were in the wrong.

I once won a "Blu Ray movie box" through Sony a few years ago. Turns out it was only 2 movies :-0 I'm still happy that I won but the disappointment was pretty big :p

Only when you've learnt how to read and are well practiced in it. Your brain then does sufficient pattern matching with expected results. It'd be impossible to learn to read with messed up material like that*. Nor could you successfully read some other language. eg. try to read this (don't have to understand it, just need to pronounce it)

When in correct form, it's parsable and you could get something out that a French speaker might be able to understand.

* Okay, not impossible if you had enough people giving lots of examples of reading mixed letters. You'd learn to recognise them eventually, only making your life a hell of a lot harder! However, you'd have no means to learn new words, so when presented with a scientific term like hxorontdphynhyleyeal, you'd never be able to interpret that as hydroxyphenylethanol which is otherwise a doddle to read because it conforms to the rules of English phonetic construction.

Teaching of English went very "whole word" for a long time, and it was crap. Now we focus more on phonetics and it's much better, although whole-word recognition is still part of reading strategy (it's natural after all, as per your example of how we can use image recognition to read gibberish).
Nerd

Back