Cross Network play from Xbox Live, PSN, PC is finally doable

master race

4551a66fa47aeaa85954a759496f9690.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1457991914227.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1457991914227.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 14
I find the last sentence interesting "...This means players on Xbox One and Windows 10 using Xbox Live will be able to play with players on different online multiplayer networks – including other console and PC networks ... with an open invitation for other networks to participate as well." Could cross network play with PSN be coming for Rocket League? First of many? Would be great for gamers and game studios if they can keep everyone playing together, regardless of the platform they pick.

Naturally what they mean is Nintendo NX and the NiiX Network. ;)

This is freakin awesome! I've been waiting for something like this ever since I started hanging out on internet gaming forums.

So is it time to get get the B3D Rocket League gang together?

Too many games :( lol I started using my stick and I can't go back. We'll play KI when it comes out for W10 on March 29th!

Hopefully a few more non-X1 owners will also pick up KI when it's released for PC. Spectator mode while awaiting your turn in the lobby with friends is a lot of fun. I know we had some pretty good nail biters. I'm not sure who I'm picking up for Season 3 now.

Previously Sony has been okay with cross play games. There's portal. And... There's also pc Android vita wii PS game that also cross play.

Here's a joke... a man goes into a party and says:

I invite everybody to party. :)

With games like Dreii that plan to support almost all active platforms in the market (PlayStation 4, PS Vita, Wii U, PC, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android), not including Xbox One, due to it's policies, seeing Microsoft sudden change beeing accompanied by an invite to all others for something they are already doing, seems kinda...

I'll let you finish the previous sentence!

http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/16/1...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Microsoft announced a new set of tools that will make it possible for game developers to run competitive tournaments through Xbox Live. Called the "Xbox Live Tournaments Program," the new initiative is described by Jason Ronald, head of the Xbox Advanced Technology Group, as "easy to integrate tournaments" that will be powered by Xbox Live and can be customized by the developers depending on the game or tournament.

The service will be supported on both Xbox One and Windows 10, utilizing the Universal Windows Platform, which the company says will "enable a cohesive experience" across devices. "Xbox Live is the connective tissue between all of the devices in our ecosystem," Ronald said. As part of the announcement Microsoft also revealed that it is partnering with e-sports groups FaceIt and the Electronic Sports League, and the company says that the program will feature "deep integration" with both of these groups. More partnerships are expected to be added "soon." The news is part of a more recent push for Microsoft to expand into the world of e-sports; last year the company launched an ambitious Halo championship series.

A preview version of the "Xbox Live Tournaments Program" software development kit is available to game creators starting today. Microsoft says it expects to see the first supported titles launching later this year.

Now that's more like it... :)
So... the word I was missing is... innovative? ;)

Why didn´t they said it on the first place? It would explain it all..

Back