Quantum Break versus Uncharted 4 visual comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nesh

Double Agent
Legend
So where's the trailer? Great news if true about the PC version. Also from the new footage here:

It seems like they've changed quite a few things when it comes to color correction, Very positive change imo:
(before/after after being the one with the ign watermark)
qblhuk6.gif

And like any other gifs containing footage from youtube, this isn't supposed to compare texture quality, which takes a tremendous hit with yt compression.
to me this game is in many places even better than Uncharted 4. Amazing visuals

Some of the screen tearing is already fixed: https://twitter.com/RiotRMD?lang=nl

Of course, you'd expect the build shown to the press was already some weeks old. And the game is probably using adaptive vsync so that's why it tears, as long as it holds performance in check it should be clean. Also, saw some of that 40 minute footage and it seems like they are using some sort of TAA, you can see some heavy ghosting in some places.
to me this game is in many places even better than Uncharted 4. Amazing visuals

These two releasing so close will be interesting to compare! Remedy definitely delivers when it comes to visuals, audio and storytelling imo (really liked Alan Wake). I have to say though QB can improve when it comes to skin shading and lighting of characters, hair also looks a bit off when compared to U4

qbbkugw8ouex.jpg

u486uuj.jpg

Both from the latest footage available :smile:

Last edited:
Of course, you'd expect the build shown to the press was already some weeks old. And the game is probably using adaptive vsync so that's why it tears, as long as it holds performance in check it should be clean. Also, saw some of that 40 minute footage and it seems like they are using some sort of TAA, you can see some heavy ghosting in some places.

These two releasing so close will be interesting to compare! Remedy definitely delivers when it comes to visuals, audio and storytelling imo (really liked Alan Wake). I have to say though QB can improve when it comes to skin shading and lighting of characters, hair also looks a bit off when compared to U4

qbbkugw8ouex.jpg

u486uuj.jpg

Both from the latest footage available :smile:

Character models and animation is something U4 definitely has over QB. Lighting on the other hand is far more advanced in QB.

Some cutscene aren't real-time in Quantum Break offline rendering with games assets...
This doesn't change the quality of the models/animations. Besides, nobody knows if UC4 is pre-rendering some of it's cutscenes (like all of there previous games) or like Ryse also did for loading purpose.

characters are not above The Order(or Ryse, or even black ops 3 cutscenes).
But what i find really impressive is the deformation of the backgrounds. Very well done.

Last edited:
Last gen is too much of a stretch. I dont see anything last gen about U4. The images you posted are way too compressed

I am slightly more impressed and convinced by QB even if UC4 looks to be technically more demanding. Very similar to the Battlefront vs UC4 comparison.

I'm with Scott_Arm on this one. I've never seen the benefits of these VS threads. I mean I don't think they're inherently bad, and I'm not telling people NOT to keep comparing, to each his own.

My point is that it's so difficult to compare apples to apples.

There are just so many things at play when making a game meaning you always have to make sacrifices somewhere along the line depending on the type of game, the environments, lighting, number of enemies etc etc etc. Not to mention comparing between different platforms... Comparing games on the same platform, or even better sequels of games or maybe even games made by the same team would make more sense.

The important thing to realize is that there are a LOT of great games in all genres and on all platforms coming out right now :) Great time to be a gamer! Me likes. And I for one can't wait to play Uncharted 4, looks spectacular.

This doesn't change the quality of the models/animations. Besides, nobody knows if UC4 is pre-rendering some of it's cutscenes (like all of there previous games) or like Ryse also did for loading purpose.

No pre-rendering cutscene in UC4 like the Order 1886.

I think comparison of the two games are a bit difficult same thing between The Order 1886 and UC4 because UC4 is stylized with hand made texture. TO1886 use texture scan material, SW Battlefront use photogrammetry....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back