DirectX 12 API Preview

CPU benchmarking in latest Tomb Raider throws up some interesting results at Guru3d.

This is the Radeon R9 Fury. Watch and observe it closely, the red line is the one core configuration ... it is the fastest with 43 FPs at 50% of the rendered frames = Average FPS. It is then followed by the 8 core install at 39 FPS, then the 4 core is lower at 36 FPS and finally the 2 core setup does 33 FPS on average. In total there's a 10 FPS differential !

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_page..._graphics_performance_benchmark_review,9.html

Of course it's a DX11 game, but the lacklustre performance of AMD in dx11 compared to dx12 was part of this discussion or in some other dx12 thread, I'm not sure now which.

Perhaps some mod can kindly do the needful.

Of course it's a DX11 game, but the lacklustre performance of AMD in dx11 compared to dx12 was part of this discussion or in some other dx12 thread, I'm not sure now which.

Perhaps some mod can kindly do the needful.
Not sure about that, but the benchmarks are highly irregular, from the 6 sites I've checked so far, AMD has done pretty much as well as expected in 3, while in other 3 (like Guru3) it has done badly. There's a another thread for it at PC Gaming section

Back