Star Wars Battlefront [PS4, XO]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
I'll be giving this a go (offline mode with bots) until Uncharted arrives sometime on Friday. Quite looking forward to a dabble.

I saw a youtube of Hero Gameplay on the Hoth level and it made the game feel uninspired and blah. It fwlt very uninspired. I dont want to play as a Jedi or Sith hero, but would rather pilot the AT-ST or Snow Speeder after seeing that gameplay footage.

"No one can stop my lightsaber" is going to get old immediately.

I saw a youtube of Hero Gameplay on the Hoth level and it made the game feel uninspired and blah. It fwlt very uninspired. I dont want to play as a Jedi or Sith hero, but would rather pilot the AT-ST or Snow Speeder after seeing that gameplay footage.

"No one can stop my lightsaber" is going to get old immediately.
I thought heroes only came out if you got enough kills. So it could just be the last minutes of a match or so.

I will grab this for the PC (hopefully someone gets it to work on the rift cause that would be an amazing thing to see) so I hope its fun. This , fallout and xcom are the only games i'm allowing myself to buy

PC specs are out. Minimum = GTX 660 / HD 7850. Recommended = GTX 970 / R9 290

Sounds like it scales well. I assume some pretty impressive upgrades over the consoles for those recommended specs.

I trust that my PC will eat this for breakfast, especially since i am running 1080p as well. I am running both Bf3 and 4 well above the 100 fps range maxed (frostbite is very well optimized for maxwell). I am thinking of downloading the Ps4 version as well just to compare.

I just read that.

Seems like the initial frustrations of the 40 player cap from 64 players is rearing it's ugly head.

The choice of vehicles sounds kinda frustrating too...besides Star Wars nerds, I feel like they are making the game seem CoD-ish in appeal...I could be wrong.

I initially thought that the forty player cap was a balancing act to reach 1080p 60fps gameplay target...but that last post implies that consoles aren't reaching that...wth??!!

Oh well can't wait for final game reviews and sales numbers and then sequels and a proper dedicated single player campaign based game in first person shooter or third person.

Apparently Frostbite 3 did improve more...Anyway we are still in early console dev tools cycle in a way.

Alright, finally got back to the PC and found the YouTube video of hero gameplay that didn't seem all that great. Don't know if I'm over-reacting or just expecting too much for a game.

I saw the two Digital Foundry videos, the PC tech analysis and the framerate vid.

Will definitely watch the heroes vid tomorrow...cause I want to think about the tech more.

I noticed something that maybe is not a big deal but essentially the game is mostly seen played with players running and gunning a lot...doesn't seem to be relying on cover much but I'll wait for the reviews...I'm guessing that unlike Battlefield, this game has a bit of a different scope in trying to please the different Star Wars tropes in one online game...

The finding a package to get a vehicle is different...probably more so than running to a hangar and being the first one to get said vehicles.

Ew, game looks like a blurred up mess on both consoles in those screenshots, almost vomited on XBone's screens. I suppose they'll be more serviceable in motion tho since you wont focus on the upscaling too often. But still the general gameplay did not spark much interest in me, I actually thought BF4 was more fun in comparison. What a total disappointment :(.

The Xbox One shots were captured from a stream. Pretty sure it's gonna look fine once it's on your telly.
I agree though. The gameplay bits aren't exactly making me salivate. Well, I'm gonna play fugly Fallout 4 then anyway.

Well, both Battlefield 3 and 4 were pretty bare bones and imo mediocre single player experiences. I guess they want to stick to what they are good at. I am not feeling it either though, maybe after playing it i'll change my mind.

Back