All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... What do you know. Ps4 price cut in Japan from October 1

kzvrTWQ.png

Around $300~

Maybe the CUH-12xx variant is cheaper to manufacture so they don't actually lose much from this.

It is definitively cheaper to manufacture compared to launch, that much is clear. And I doubt they lose anything. They pretty much broke even at launch, so they probably profit now, even with the price drop. At the very least I think they break even.

kzvrTWQ.png

Around $300~

Maybe the CUH-12xx variant is cheaper to manufacture so they don't actually lose much from this.
Good find. This is going to be an interesting holiday season. I wonder how MS will respond

It is definitively cheaper to manufacture compared to launch, that much is clear. And I doubt they lose anything. They pretty much broke even at launch, so they probably profit now, even with the price drop. At the very least I think they break even.

As far as I'm concerned there has been no solid concrete confirmation of this at all, besides weird vague PR statements. As far as we know for sure they definintey weren't losing money on each HW unit. Whether it was break even, a tidy profit, or a combination of small losses and small profits depending on region that added up to either break even or profit, we have no idea. I'm inclined to believe the latter, but it's speculation at best.

As far as I'm concerned there has been no solid concrete confirmation of this at all, besides weird vague PR statements. As far as we know for sure they definintey weren't losing money on each HW unit. Whether it was break even, a tidy profit, or a combination of small losses and small profits depending on region that added up to either break even or profit, we have no idea. I'm inclined to believe the latter, but it's speculation at best.
I think we had an estimation of the costs somewhere and it was very close to the retail price

I think this is Japan-only pricedrop, everything will remain the same in the west [except maybe some special deals in US where Sony is facing the biggest competition].

So let it be written, so let it be done!

Whew, I thought I was losing my mind. I had gone back a page to potentially reply to a post I'd skimmed, but hadn't read fully since I was planning to come back to it. Only when I went back a page I couldn't find the post I thought I'd skimmed.

Thank goodness this explains it and I'm not actually going fully senile...yet. :D

Regards,
SB

Around $300~

It's a drop from ¥39,980 to ¥34,980, so probably a US$50 price cut if it transfers.

On the other hand PS4 sales have been under-performing in Japan compared to everywhere else, so the price cut could remain Japan-only for a while.

It's more than home consoles are under performing, with all these JRPGs coming to Ps4 and the price drop i could see Japan moving over from Ps3/3DS/Vita to Ps4 in the next year. Also colors, Japan apparently loves those :p

IMG_20150916_080905_zpsyfd9epgn.png

0001252640.JPG

Possible price drop at PGW, yes. I could see the 500gb version selling at -$50 and the 1TB version at $400. This will be fairly big if it happens. It's interesting that the first pricedrop happened in Asia, where MS is pretty much a non-factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back