Metal Gear Solid V & Ground Zeroes on Steam

If more console games, like Metal Gear Solid (even though I hate it) and NBA 2K (no interest) keep creeping to PC, I can see myself getting back into PC gaming in two or three years. Seems like there are going to be less and less games exclusive to the gaming consoles, and a quality gaming PC should be available cheap once Skylake is out.

Really, at this point an MGS 2, 3 and PW bundle needs to happen for PC. I say this as someone who has no interest in them, no less.

Us PC gamers have MG Rising: Revengeance(A great game if you like stuff like Devil May Cry or God of War or Bayonetta) and we're getting MGS5. Seems logical to put the older MGS games up here as well(Yes I know PW isn't that old, but the original platform was the PSP, so...).

Hopefully keyboard and mouse will have proper support.

yeah hopefully the mouse will be able to work properly (no weird acceleration crap that pleague a lot of multiplatform game on PC). Because when i played it on PS3, im completely annoyed when i was spotted and i need to use a GUN. Is sooooo hard to shot the enemy. I dont want to struggle shooting enemy with a mouse.

If more console games, like Metal Gear Solid (even though I hate it)

The key to playing Metal Gear is to treat it like a campy B movie like Terror Vision or Mafia Vs. Ninja. The dialog and story will be absolutely ridiculous and absurd, but that just comes with the turf when it comes to Metal Gear. Once you can get past that then the game itself is actually pretty good.

Ok, the Phenom Pain is real and my son is experiencing it! Apparently MGSV:pP has some issues with Phenom processors, like it won't run the game if you have a Phenom processor. :(

On the upside, it is running f-ing beautifully on my PC Bubbles! Luscious, smooth, gorgeous; I really haven't seen a game this pretty in a long time and the hour+ intro just sucked me in and blew me away. On the downside it's because I'm watching my son play it on my computer while I type this on my wife's, but at least I get to see it and he's enjoying the hell out of it.

Anyone else try it yet? And no it hasn't been cracked, legal Steam version and everything here. :p

And it's now fixed! Just have to right-click the game in Steam and apply the beta patch, and now it runs fantastic on his system too! (Phenom965, 16GB, 7950) 60fps without any visual compromises, he's quite pleased and good job on them getting it fixed so fast. :)

It took him about an hour to play through the intro, that included the whole character design bit...and we were both sort of just oggling at the screen in amazement, the game looks fantastic!

Yeah, I have been playing GZ trying to get all the achievements and I've been very impressed with the engine, and really happy with performance.

I wish I knew what all you could get with the GZ save game import. Whether it's worth it to try to 100% it or not. I know you get unlocked outfits (I think). And prisoners you extract are added to mother base. But anything other than that?

Regards,
SB

I wish I knew what all you could get with the GZ save game import. Whether it's worth it to try to 100% it or not. I know you get unlocked outfits (I think). And prisoners you extract are added to mother base. But anything other than that?

Regards,
SB

I read somewhere that if you extract, rather than kill, the finger and the eye they'll be in TPP. Don't forget there's another prisoner you can only extract before rescuing either Paz or Chico. Also IIRC, collecting all the tapes will also give you something.

Just in case I lose it again, here's the link to the guy trying to link the SSE 4.1 problem to the Denuva DRM.
Oh by intro I thought you meant introductory video, how long was the rest of the game?
He's put in 16 hours at it so far according to Steam and he's at 8% completion, and he's sort of been rushing. Looks like it'll be a decent length game. :)

My son looked up all the saved game stuff you needed from GZ and what it gets you in TPP and he spent most of the day before yesterday blitzing GZ to get everything, and he managed to pull it off.

When he takes a break from TPP I'll ask him about it, but for now I'm just letting him indulge himself. You only get to play a new game for the first time once. :yep2:

Back