Batman: Arkham Knight [PS4,XO]

And it's not invisible either.

I wonder when I'm gonna get an infraction for this stuff... then again as long as the artificial intelligences comply, maybe I don't have to worry.

The worse part of this game and the whole franchise is getting dumped into a closed environment with 10-20 bad guys and having to melee them. It's not fun and it is repetitive. I really wish Batman had more of a God of War combat, with cool combos and stuff. Instead you have to play guitar hero as you watch Batman slide back and forth all over the screen. Then when you die you get to do it all over again. I'd rather do a short QTE or watch a non-interactive fight scene.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, I love the combat
I am with @DrJay24 on this one, its the reason I am not all over these Batman games. I just get bored of the combat faster than Batman can reach any bossfight ! I was loving Arkham City but had to stop because of it.......one room full of thugs, another room full of thugs, you see the boss but first humdrum through this room full of thugs......and its repeated over and over and over and over again ! I know its how all games are and Its heaven for ppl who like the combat, for others its Batman Lost forever cos its pretty evident that this combat is loved by millions and will never go away :-/ !

I don't get it. I didn't say using a sword and killing them

So you would like to have God of War combat with emphasis on long combos, air follow ups and fantasy moves but without weapons or magic...in video games that gets you Hokuto Mosou.
Batman should then be the non lethal user of Hokuto Shinken.

I repeat: how is that even remotely close to Batman in the comics!?

Last edited:
I think that if some of you are fighting too many thugs then you clearly don't know who Batman is and how he fights. Batman should be using combination of stealth, gadgets & brawn to knock out his foes. With the Asylum games you should be able to knock out most of the thugs with just stealth & gadgets before you ever have to do any melee combat & especially not to 10-20 of them. Sounds like if you're having that big of problem with the "boring" combat, you would be better off trying it as a Splinter Cell game instead.

Tommy McClain

So you would like to have God of War combat with emphasis on long combos, air follow ups and fantasy moves but without weapons or magic...in video games that gets you Hokuto Mosou.
Batman should then be the non lethal user of Hokuto Shinken.

I repeat: how is that even remotely close to Batman in the comics!?

Batman doesn't even move in the comics! Anyway, its a game not a comic. It could be a like a 3D version of the Injustice combat, lots of free flow moves, a block button, dodge button and up-gradable combos.

Last edited:
I think that if some of you are fighting too many thugs then you clearly don't know who Batman is and how he fights. Batman should be using combination of stealth, gadgets & brawn to knock out his foes. With the Asylum games you should be able to knock out most of the thugs with just stealth & gadgets before you ever have to do any melee combat & especially not to 10-20 of them. Sounds like if you're having that big of problem with the "boring" combat, you would be better off trying it as a Splinter Cell game instead.

Tommy McClain

I was referring to the many times they stick you in a room with no options but melee. Have you played this game?

I was referring to the many times they stick you in a room with no options but melee. Have you played this game?

I've finished both Arkham Asylum & Arkham City. Haven't started Akham Knight yet. But you didn't just complain about this game, you said the whole franchise. There are a few times(not many) when you might have a large number of thugs to combat but you always have an arsenal of gadgets to help. You can finish most of those guys without having to resort to just melee which is what you were getting at above. If you're not taking advantage of those options I could see where it might not be very fun.

Tommy McClain

While somehow stripping Supes of his powers or alternatively superpowering everyone else around him would be the obvious way out, it's also the same lazy way it's always been done and would result in just another typical game where you're essentially playing as yet another capable dude. The dude would just happen to look like a comic book icon. Sort of defeats the whole purpose. Unless someone steps up and at the very least tries to solve that peculiar conundrum, I'm not really interested in playing such a game.

Batman just so happens to be a match made in heaven for video games. (minus the no killing part which AK stresses to its ridiculous extreme - so driving into a bunch of bad guys at full throttle is somehow less of a problem because the car also gives them electric shocks? - okay)

I'd love to play a new take on The Punisher or Dredd personally.

Finally finished AK, btw. Including all the riddler trophies too. Kinda shitty that it's basically the only way to get a satisfying conclusion, but to Rocksteady's credit, even that stuff was mostly entertaining.

Last edited:
Has anyone got the Limited Edition? It was supposedly delayed and released no later than the 14th of July due to packaging issues but I have heard nothing so far

Has anyone got the Limited Edition? It was supposedly delayed and released no later than the 14th of July due to packaging issues but I have heard nothing so far

I have the one with the statue, but I heard there was a Batmobile one.

The batmobile was cancelled fairly late due to "unforeseen circumstances that greatly compromised the quality of this extremely limited run of product."

Back