Star Citizen, Roberts Space Industries - Chris Roberts' life support and retirement fund [2012-]

I'm just here waiting for @eastmen 's reaction.

BTW, the initial release schedule for the FPS module was April, 3 months ago.
After a 3-month delay, they changed their release date to "we're-not-even-gonna-tell-you-so-you-don't-bother-us-anymore-and-by-the-way-here's-a-new-ship-you-can-buy-for-only-$100-last-minute-promotion-order-now-and-get-a-free-virtual-badge-you-can-attach-to-your-character's-forehead".

I don't get it. This is a standalone FPS "module" and Cryengine is first and foremost an FPS engine. How could it go from "release in April" to "it's July and now we don't think it will be released in the foreseeable future".

Also they completely scrapped the network and matchmaking code? This is never a good idea unless what you are working with is absolutely, horribly broken beyond all hope of repair which makes me wonder wtf they were doing all this time. I mean I'm glad they are fixing it but if it is that bad they surely would have noticed before 3 months after estimated release date...

I don't get it. This is a standalone FPS "module" and Cryengine is first and foremost an FPS engine. How could it go from "release in April" to "it's July and now we don't think it will be released in the foreseeable future".

Also they completely scrapped the network and matchmaking code? This is never a good idea unless what you are working with is absolutely, horribly broken beyond all hope of repair which makes me wonder wtf they were doing all this time. I mean I'm glad they are fixing it but if it is that bad they surely would have noticed before 3 months after estimated release date...
Or maybe realistic combat is boring, and they don't want to make it too game like...
Could be any number of reasons, I doubt they were trying to make a Crysis, Doom or Rage shooter, it might not work as well as they'd hope gameplay wise...

I'm just here waiting for @eastmen 's reaction.

BTW, the initial release schedule for the FPS module was April, 3 months ago.
After a 3-month delay, they changed their release date to "we're-not-even-gonna-tell-you-so-you-don't-bother-us-anymore-and-by-the-way-here's-a-new-ship-you-can-buy-for-only-$100-last-minute-promotion-order-now-and-get-a-free-virtual-badge-you-can-attach-to-your-character's-forehead".

Ha , I knew it was coming. They were all hyped about it and then went completely silent for months which is something they never doo. Its most likely the team that was making it sucks and CIG finaly figured out how poor of a team they are.

I stoped buying ships awhile ago. The last ship I really pumped money into was the super hornet in its first sale. I bought an orion but that was with some gift cards to CIG friends had given me as gifts.

At this point when it comes out it comes out. I think the blame really lies with Sandy. I don't want to bash a woman but she has no experience in gaming at all nor sales . All the info about her is on her modeling career. She only has her current postion because she is a long term spouse of Chris. Its my understand that she is one of the major reasons a lot of the early guys have moved on to Wingman's descent project. From the limited knowledge I have of back door conversations it seems she quite likes the gravy train they are on and doesn't want to stop it , which is why we are getting more nad more ships and progress seems to have slowed to a stop.

Isn't there a way to make Cloud Imperium held accountable for under-delivering?

I don't believe that the people in this forum are the only ones unhappy with how things are (not) progressing.

Isn't there a way to make Cloud Imperium held accountable for under-delivering?

I don't believe that the people in this forum are the only ones unhappy with how things are (not) progressing.
nope.

I divested myself of a large amount of the ships I had. Made a profit on them too. I only kept my super hornet , freelancer , orion and starfarer. But I might even get ride of the orion since I can get double what I paid for it.

I think the game will come and out and will be fun , but I don't think it will be what the originaly promised.

At this point when it comes out it comes out. I think the blame really lies with Sandy. I don't want to bash a woman but she has no experience in gaming at all nor sales . All the info about her is on her modeling career. She only has her current postion because she is a long term spouse of Chris. Its my understand that she is one of the major reasons a lot of the early guys have moved on to Wingman's descent project. From the limited knowledge I have of back door conversations it seems she quite likes the gravy train they are on and doesn't want to stop it , which is why we are getting more nad more ships and progress seems to have slowed to a stop.
Well she has helped come up with what must be the greatest business model in history. All you gotta do is say you're gonna do stuff and then shit out a little nugget "module" (or not even do that) every now and then and it's raking in millions.

I took the time to visit their forums yesterday and while there are some who see what's going on, most of those guys are still dead set on sucking every last drop out of Cloud Imperium and getting it all over their faces.

But how could you blame CI I mean it must be freaking awesome to have an army of people paying you to suck you off.

Last edited:
Well she has helped come up with what must be the greatest business model in history. All you gotta do is say you're gonna do stuff and then shit out a little nugget "module" (or not even do that) every now and then and it's raking in millions.

I took the time to visit their forums yesterday and while there are some who see what's going on, most of those guys are still dead set on sucking every last drop out of Cloud Imperium and getting it all over their faces.

But how could you blame CI I mean it must be freaking awesome to have an army of people paying you to suck you off.
Don't you dare talk negatively about how we worship the chairman.
smh.... I read a handful of comments like this on their forum last night. Chairman....Chairman Chris Roberts

I guess holding off from backing this was a good choice after all...
I dunno , the $40 for a ship , the game and acess to dogfighting now and the other stuff when it launches isn't a bad deal. I have had a lot of fun with it. But yea i'm sure you can wait a few years and get the same deal

I don't understand these sensationalized headlines. What the entire message from Roberts states is that there's a problem in getting FPS gel with PU and existing backend infrastructure. This required significant redesigns which resulted in FPS module being delayed. No date doesn't mean it's never coming out yet "delayed indefinitely" sounds to me that it's been canceled (but that could just be my English). They are actively working on getting it done. Delays are bad, sure, and this project is too ambitious for its own good, sure. But it'll get there (wherever "there" is) at some point.

As a native English speaker the headline seems fair and doesn't seem to me to imply it's not coming out at all, just that it won't be very soon. The article seems to reflect that. I don't think there's malicious intent there.

No one suggested the FPS part was cancelled.
It was delayed and no release date was given, therefore it was delayed indefinitely.

Sensationalized or not, the headline is 100% accurate. Which is kind of rare, lately.

Back