Doom [2016]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there should be a hard limit on how much data you can access per frame and 60fps cuts that in half, according to Sebbbi's explanations.

Well there should be a hard limit on how much data you can access per frame and 60fps cuts that in half, according to Sebbbi's explanations.
I wonder how they are going to cram hordes of enemies there, but they will find a way. iD are very hardcore when it comes to framerate and stuff like that. If they can make a truly fun game, then it's just perfect.

Finally got around to watching the gameplay demos. Not sure I like the finishing moves or the first person melee. I kind of prefer how in Reach the camera goes to 3rd person so you see the character do the fancy moves, plus it's less disorienting - have a feeling I might get motion sick with the first person.

Heavy assault rifle sounded a bit weak. The minigun ought to take a page from Predator with the high pitch whine. I dunno. Not entirely liking the plasma gun design too.

edit: Don't like the holographic pick-ups on killing things.

The rest looked good.

Last edited:
The upside of first person moves is that they do not break the cadence of the gunplay as much. They're almost literally just a single second long and then you're back in action.

Finally got around to watching the gameplay demos. Not sure I like the finishing moves or the first person melee. I kind of prefer how in Reach the camera goes to 3rd person so you see the character do the fancy moves, plus it's less disorienting - have a feeling I might get motion sick with the first person.

Heavy assault rifle sounded a bit weak. The minigun ought to take a page from Predator with the high pitch whine. I dunno. Not entirely liking the plasma gun design too.

edit: Don't like the holographic pick-ups on killing things.

The rest looked good.

Yeah I thought the plasma gun sounded too weak too.

Last edited:
Yeah I thought the plasma gun sounded too weak too.
Terrible sound effect. Original DOOM's plasma hose had awesome sound effect.

Also, the minigun sounded weak to me - more like a contemporary .50cal machinegun. Miniguns should spew bullets and pack a real wallop. They can be balanced by their ammo capacity/supply.

Also, the minigun sounded weak to me - more like a contemporary .50cal machinegun. Miniguns should spew bullets and pack a real wallop. They can be balanced by their ammo capacity/supply.
Now here's a minigun:

Terminator 2 is ok... but it kinda sounds like rapid farting.

Terminator 3 - Least fartsy, not bad for slower rate of fire too

Real life sucks :p maybe too fast.

I also want MIDI sound back, music wise.

New video:

Reactions: NRP
Looks decent, but to be honest it seems like a D3/Q3 hybrid. I'm sure some will like that.

Personally, I've always been more of a Painkiller guy myself. Where's that remake/sequel?

That remade Shadow Warrior is essentially Painkiller too. And so is their Hard Reset. And so is Serious Sam 3. I'm sure there are more.

That remade Shadow Warrior is essentially Painkiller too.
Uhm, Painkiller never had the melee and magics gameplay from Shadow Warrior, so I wouldn't say the two titles are super similar, really. Also, SW had an entire narrated (and quite deep, for an action game) single-player storyline, whereas PK's claim to fame always was levels with absolutely no connection whatsoever just strung together more or less randomly (with some pre-rendered animation glue inbetween acts to explain the "story"...)

Uhm, Painkiller never had the melee and magics gameplay from Shadow Warrior, so I wouldn't say the two titles are super similar, really. Also, SW had an entire narrated (and quite deep, for an action game) single-player storyline, whereas PK's claim to fame always was levels with absolutely no connection whatsoever just strung together more or less randomly (with some pre-rendered animation glue inbetween acts to explain the "story"...)

Hey the lawnmower laser gun in Painkiller is pretty mêlée.

And, also, Painkiller does have some kind of story intro. I can't remember what the story was in either game anymore though !! Just get me to more chopping and exploding.

Wow check out what the MS autospell does with "mêlée" !!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back