The Annual E3 Microsoft press conference thread, 2015 edition

I must say I do like Microsoft's attempt to give us stuff to play during E3 week. Mainly Gears Ultimate beta and free EA access this week. Very nice idea and makes E3 feel like more of an event or spectacle. They should focus on this every year, maybe give us a free small (new) game, of course betas, and stuff like that.

Early Access as well, frankly it worries and intrigues me. I guess it works well enough on Steam, but I have bought too many titles that just drop to empty shells of the promises.

XB1 has a separate IR blaster connection from the Kinect connection. It might not be able to blast the whole room the way Kinect does, but it does have the functionality.

Well I'll be a simians fathers brother. I had no idea you could plug a 3rd party IR blaster into the jack on the rear of the machine.

Nice find.

Early Access as well, frankly it worries and intrigues me. I guess it works well enough on Steam, but I have bought too many titles that just drop to empty shells of the promises.

I'm not sure Early Access on Xbox will work exactly the same way.

I expect MS to have a tighter leash on titles going through their early access program.

The downside is that I would also expect less titles to get the go-ahead. Partly because PC is a better fit for early access so there will be more titles in the pipeline, and partly because even though MS is clearly opening up the walled garden it's never going to be as open as PC.

I'm not sure Early Access on Xbox will work exactly the same way.

I expect MS to have a tighter leash on titles going through their early access program.

The downside is that I would also expect less titles to get the go-ahead. Partly because PC is a better fit for early access so there will be more titles in the pipeline, and partly because even though MS is clearly opening up the walled garden it's never going to be as open as PC.
True, I seriously doubt I could ask them to push my project into it. haha Maybe in two years!

Back