The Annual E3 Microsoft press conference thread, 2015 edition

That's what I thought too, a few months ago, but the feature has been removed ever since, I think. Not 100% sure. But I got the invitation directly from Xbox Live, never from a friend.

My understanding is that friends can essentially "promote" people for invites, and then the invite comes from Live itself. I never got an invite from a friend, it came as an Xbox Live notification.

When I became a preview member last week or two? (THANKS AGAIN!) I sent invites out to everyone on my Friends list that I was pretty sure wasn't already a member.

My understanding is that friends can essentially "promote" people for invites, and then the invite comes from Live itself. I never got an invite from a friend, it came as an Xbox Live notification.

When I became a preview member last week or two? (THANKS AGAIN!) I sent invites out to everyone on my Friends list that I was pretty sure wasn't already a member.
How can I do that? I shall check in the Preview program and see what I can do. I don't know if Reynaldo is in my FL, btw. I know you are and I've seen you and know where you live, lol, just jesting. But yes, maybe I have Reynaldo in my FL but I don't think so.

Last edited:
@Cyan It is in the xbox preview dashboard app, on the main screen. Was going to take a screen cap, but my son is too quick on logging me out in the other room. Guess I should just stream his Xbox and cause some chaos...hehe

If anyone needs an invite just PM me with your GT.

How can I do that? I shall check in the Preview program and see what I can do. I don't know if Reynaldo is in my FL, btw. I know you are and I've seen you and know where you live, lol, just jesting. But yes, maybe I have Reynaldo in my FL but I don't think so.
I don't think we have each other, but add me, my gt is reynaldoh

@Cyan It is in the xbox preview dashboard app, on the main screen. Was going to take a screen cap, but my son is too quick on logging me out in the other room. Guess I should just stream his Xbox and cause some chaos...hehe

If anyone needs an invite just PM me with your GT.

GT is ReynaldoH if you can spare an invite, I really appreciate it. Sorry, been a looooong time lurker here and seems I cannot send PMs (I guess because of my low post count?)

GT is ReynaldoH if you can spare an invite, I really appreciate it. Sorry, been a looooong time lurker here and seems I cannot send PMs (I guess because of my low post count?)
Added and invited, I also invited a bunch of friends as well.

@Cyan Thanks a lot, hope I get into the program soon. I am crossing my fingers that MS adds Dragons Dogma to the BC list, that is one game I regret not finishing on last gen consoles. Then again Capcom has to approve it, and with the way they have been doing thing I am not holding my breath.

MS announced Ashen and Cuphead are lifetime exclusive on the xbox one during the daily show.

Has anyone heard about a below release date ?

I wonder why BC so late in the game, I guess they want to augment the library with 360 games, but is this real BC? If so why not at launch?

....because they are losing sales relative to PS4 in all markets, so BC is the best way to salvage what is left and tie those 360 gamers to your platform. While not many will probably use it, people looking back at stacks of old 360 games they've enjoyed, the One becomes a much better [value] proposition than changing the console all together in favor of a different platform, new online buddies etc.

It's an intelligent move. I've always said backwards-compatibility will become more and more important, as digital purchases become the norm. People want their games to live on, or go back to them, just like people still enjoy watching old movies, read old books etc. Remakes aren't selling well simply because they are old games with better graphics. People actually enjoyed those games, because they were good and from a gameplay perspective, not because of graphics.

I was listening to TotalBiscuit's comments about the Microsoft press conference and he started by talking about quite the white elephant in the room:

- There was not a single mention of Kinect, Kinect interactions or Kinect-enabled games in the whole presentation.

Another interesting thing is that no one here seemed to notice that. It's like no one cares about Kinect anymore.
Microsoft themselves seem to have willingly reduced the XBone to a less powerful PS4.. Even I - who vocally criticized XBone's initial focus on Kinect as too excessive - don't think that's a very comfortable position to be in.
Showing off some voice commands for this and that in every other game, or trying to use Kinect to build a 3D face/avatar to use in your character for a game like Fallout 4 would've been a more interesting differentiation than just the battle of exclusive titles.

MS have been listening very closely to what the gaming public have been saying, even if most of the time it is blind frothing-at-the-mouth brand hatred.

The vocal gaming public demanded Kinect be removed from the console and snubbed any attempt to utilise it. It is now a taboo subject, and I suspect MS are simply too afraid to mention Kinect in any capacity at a show like E3 for fear of publish backlash.

That might be true, but they should still be backing it in consumer shows and wider press away from the gamers if that's where their market lies.

I think it would be crazy to mention Kinect on stage.
they didn't mention or show the new UI, or Cortana needing Kinect either.
there is still a big market for motion games, but the console has to reach a lower price first for those people. They'll just stick to previous Gen as no reason to upgrade.
they should develop games, not talk to much about them, then basically re-launch it, but with a few games available and on the horizon. Maybe next e3? Even then don't spend much time on it.

That might be true, but they should still be backing it in consumer shows and wider press away from the gamers if that's where their market lies.

I don't get what you meant with this. The gamers are their customers, not the wider press...
What's the point of pandering to the press alone if that's not in synch with what the gamers want?

Though I do wonder if mentioning Kinect features for just a bit would hurt, like "here's this multiplatform game, and here's this curious thing that you can only do in our console".

I don't get what you meant with this. The gamers are their customers..
Not core gamers. Not COD and Halo types. There are plenty of other types of games that other people would like to play, but you won't reach them at E3. Go to general CE shows. How's about a virtual makeup/dress up app? This gained some attention from Toshiba's Cell demo many years ago but nothing came of it. Kinect would enable people to try clothes and styles out; I'm sure there'd be interest in that. Virtual pet games. Karaoke/party type games that aren't crap (that bits the killer. You can't treat party-gamers as second/third class citizens who play any old rubbish. Party games need to be as well balanced and crafted as any other entertainment).

Kinect has lots of potential as discussed in the various threads that touched on the subject. No-one using it though, and, importantly, MS aren't either. Just like Sony has done before, they bought their (expensive) baby into the world and have now left it to fend for itself. The only company with the balls to support their unconventional ideas with conviction is Nintendo.

So by "consumer shows and wider press", you meant "not E3"?
Where would they show it, then? Computex?

BTW, Sony also "kinected" one of their own products, with the Vita in the West.

Hm.. since the Vita came first, maybe it's more accurate to say Microsoft vita'ed the Kinect?

I don't get what you meant with this. The gamers are their customers, not the wider press.

Disclaimer: I have no firm data to back this assertion up, just a shit load of anecdotal evidence.

People who read gaming forums or pay any attention to press releases (people like us) are a teeeensy tiny minority of gamers.

Most do not know about, or care about, E3. It's an enthusiast show, and the vast majority of gamers are casual gamers, not enthusiasts.

So by "consumer shows and wider press", you meant "not E3"?
Where would they show it, then?
CES and the like. Also creating products and reaching out to the relevant press like fashion 'magazines' for a virtual makeover system.

BTW, Sony also "kinected" one of their own products, with the Vita in the West.
did you not read my second paragraph? Although Vita itself is different to Kinect as it doesn't have any intrinsic non-gaming functionality. If Sony can't make it work as a significant portable gaming platform, they can't make it work. Whereas even if MS can't make Kinect work as a core gamer's essential interface, they can make it valuable to a lot of consumers and a family as a whole. Heck, Kinect-powered Minecraft where you can move blocks in 3D might be quite compelling. Tumble with Move on PS3 was a great interface. Minecraft + 3D + Kinect would make it a the perfect building tool (though 3D too has died!).

Back