The Annual E3 Nintendo press conference thread, 2015 edition

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
They've stated time and again that there will be no NX news during 2015, specially not during E3.

They could be lying, of course. Truth be told, if they're expecting to release the new platform during fiscal 2016, they'd be supposed to start showing something now.
I don't remember Nintendo ever announcing a new console less than 18 months prior to its release. The Wii U was announced at E3 2011 and released in November 2012. The Wii was also first shown to the public at E3 2005 for a release in December 2006.

I see this going two possible ways:
a) Nintendo won't release the NX in fiscal 2016 (IIRC, that was a statement made during an old investor call)
b) They're actually trying to avoid an Osborne effect, specially since the Wii U has just started to make money, or rather, it has just started to not give the company quarterly results in the red and they might be hoping it'll bring them some money with more exclusives like Zelda.

Option b) could also mean that the NX is not one system but rather an autonomous handheld and a home console. Launching the replacement for the Wii U and the 3DS at the same time would osborne both consoles.

I am following the conference on Eurogamer, -their live report is my favourite format- from Martin Robinson and Robert Purchese comments, but no sign of video - darn connection-. Starfox, cool, no FZero for now :( Amiboos, NX some time this year, it goes on

Quite funny that Nintendo Direct ended and there are almost no comments in here. I found their conference quite lacking.

I found their conference quite lacking.
The only new thing that really interested me* was Starfox, but I'm not sure about that one, because you can apparantly switch between different vehicles at any time now? I liked that each level was tailored around a specific one back in the original SF64. Too much freedom often makes choice pointless, that's the way I feel. Also, it's a cheap, unimaginative way of trying to add longevity to a game without having to add any more content to it.

That Monster Hunter game or whatsitscalled looks pretty cool too, but we saw that one last year already. Also, Zelda MIA is disappointing. No sign of any new (proper!) Metroid game is also disappointing. You know even just a Metroid Prime trilogy HD re-make would sell wagonloads, it's been THAT long now, especially since the original game released.

*The Muppet segments were entertaining as hell. I laughed a lot, and I don't even do drugs. :LOL:

Edit: Now in retrospect, maybe I should have watched AMD's live stream instead, because I hoped there would be some exciting Wii U news, but what the heck. You can't know in advance can you!

Hope AMD will put up their stream on Youtube soon.

Not many surprises, and that was disappointing. Star Fox looks fine, but nothing extraordinary. I like Mario Tennis, so that was a nice surprise. The best showings, were things we already knew about. I was hoping for a few third party collaborations. It was a decent "show", but didn't do anything to make me think that NX wont be coming next year, I am more certain that it will now than ever.

Quite funny that Nintendo Direct ended and there are almost no comments in here. I found their conference quite lacking.
One of their most lacklustre conferences in years. But with NX behind the corner they are probably going to revert the trend next year and have the best E3 conference hands down, 'cos they have it easy. I don't see Sony and Microsoft announcing another megaton next year like in this E3, and Nintendo will try to shine with NX, so they are going to give their most by then. 2016 is going to be like Rare's expectations. A crucial date for Nintendo and how they will fare in the console business.

The game that appeals to me the most and from which I bought a GC back in the day wasn't shown so I guess it is going to be a NX game. I am fine with it, WiiU doesn't appeal to me, but a GC 2 running a new F-Zero.. sounds okay in my ears. Why haven't they shown Fast Racing Neo though? It's their most interesting game as of now, for me at least.

I am not into Zelda or Starfox (I completed the SNES version, so there goes that), and finished Zelda for the SNES years later after it was released -but I discovered all the secrets, and filled the 16 hearts all by myself :D ,no guide, no internet those days, just me. :)

Last edited:
They just posted the Fast Racing Neo video on their youtube page, but Nintendo Life had it up yesterday. It actually looks really good. I will be honest, Fast Facing Neo looks far more impressive visually than Star Fox, and Shin'en is only a handful of guys with a modest budget.

Scratch what I wrote about Nintendo trying to get the Wii U to finally make money.
If anything, this show was just confirmation that they've lost their hope on the Wii U and they've put all their teams working on the NX's launch lineup. Which is the smartest thing to do, if the NX doesn't come with crappy performance.

Zelda looked really old. Fun, but first-gen X360 type of old..

They just posted the Fast Racing Neo video on their youtube page, but Nintendo Life had it up yesterday. It actually looks really good. I will be honest, Fast Facing Neo looks far more impressive visually than Star Fox, and Shin'en is only a handful of guys with a modest budget.
Platinum cheaps out on graphics. Even MG Rising was not looking good.

Platinum cheaps out on graphics. Even MG Rising was not looking good.

I wouldn't say that, Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 are nice looking games. Star Fox currently looks far to bland. Perhaps we will see a big improvement by the time the game launches, but right now its not even close to rivaling the best looking games on Wii U. Like I said, Fast Racing Neo is more impressive, pretty much in every way, that just shouldn't happen.

Zelda is still coming to Wii U. It may end up being cross gen, but I would be floored if they just scrapped it for Wii U. It will be Nintendo's swan song for the Wii U. I do agree that Nintendo seems to have no intent on trying to salvage the Wii U anymore. I think the fact that they have kept the price high suggest that they are in no way concerned about building the userbase. Maximize profits by not taking losses on the hardware, and pump out some software (like Mario Tennis) that require low budgets but will still sell well.

Back