The Annual E3 Sony press conference thread, 2015 edition

It may be better than last year, but there's already been a few parts that I could have done without. Less user introduction and explaining who they are and what they're doing. I went into more detail on this in the E3 General thread.

Like right now, I dont care what this guy did or how many hours he wasted on it.

No Man's Sky seems to be the epitome of this:

Bottom-up game design - which most often happens with simulations - consists of taking a mechanism of some kind and trying to tack a game onto it. Here's how it usually happens. You begin with some interesting and complicated process - social interactions among a group of friends, for example, or optimizing elevator behavior in a crowded building. If you're a software engineer, your natural temptation is to figure out how to program it and see how it works. What are the core mechanics of the simulation? What is its internal economy? Should an elevator be smart enough to know that it's full, so it doesn't stop for people any longer until some get out? How long are people prepared to wait for an elevator, anyway? And so on.

http://www.designersnotebook.com/Co...a/066_the_perils_of_bottom-up_game_design.htm

Trailer Video only, no gameplay at all for FF7 Remake.

Coming first to PS4, seems like timed exclusive.

Now into Indie games, coming first to PS4, seems like more timed exclusives.

Devolver

I thought they trolled this at Tokyo Game Show with the PC port of FFVII. I guess the reaction from the crowd made them reconsider and decide to do a remake instead.

It may be better than last year, but there's already been a few parts that I could have done without. Less user introduction and explaining who they are and what they're doing. I went into more detail on this in the E3 General thread.

Like right now, I dont care what this guy did or how many hours he wasted on it.

Sony has two hours to fill every year vs 1.5 for MS every year. I kind of think it lends itself to dragging. Although it could also be a positive.

I thought a lot of MS 1.5 hour conference dragged let alone 2.

So I was thinking of just staying in pc gaming but I think sony has just convinved me to get a ps4. Really great and diverse lineup of both new games and old favourites.

This is exactly what I used to love about playstation. So many and more different experiences instead of releasing yet another fps.

Back