The Order: 1886

Just showed my father in law (born in 1932) the level in the Zeppelin, and he loved seeing it, as when he was very small there were still some of them around. He had been to the old Zeppelin factory in Germany where you can see how they were built etc. I really liked that section too by the way, despite some of the stealth stuff ;). Looks great, especially the coaches are just beautifully made, and you just have to wonder what that would have been like, to be in one of them, but from the game you get the sense that it would have been amazing, with such a wonderful view.

So just stumbled on the psn store and saw The Order for £27. Bought.

So now I only have this, DMC, Metro redux, alien isolation, wolfenstein and god knows what else to play through.

I must stop impulse buying.

Well it is pretty, I'll give you that. It's also one of those games I turned off after half an hour cause I was a bit bored. This is going to be fun...

Don't give up. I thought it was very good, and it will grab you soon enough. That said, it works well if you play the equivalent of a tv episode each sitting I found.

I too grabbed it after seeing the price reduction here. This is the most beautiful game I've seen. Worth playing just for the technical and artistic merit alone, but I'm having jolly good fun. I do understand some of the concerns, and there are some rough edges that break the illusion (like how your character almost always comes to a stop before the control is handed to you, during the transitions from cut-scenes to gameplay.) But the overall package is very good. I hope RAD is able to continue their work on this IP and their engine. I'm almost worried about what the reception would be like if they do some sort of reveal in E3-2016, given the flak the game received. Probably it would be best to reveal the game with not a cut-scene oriented demo, but a gameplay demo.

Visually, the only problem that stood out was the "eye shaders" The fake specs make them look really weird depending on the scene lighting.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1059039

Ready at Dawn will be a multi platform developer. They hire a new CEO a guy from Blizzard.

What we did on the PS4 for The Order: 1886, we can also do today on Xbox One, PC, and on an additional unannounced platform.

PS4, Xbox One, PC and an unannounced platform. Intriguing...

Edit: two new IP

We have two original IPs currently under development that we own. However, we are not at a point in the development process that we can discuss them. Stay tuned...

PS4, Xbox One, PC and an unannounced platform. Intriguing...

Software development for Nintendo NX must have started already. Especially if they ever want to have a decent line-up ready for the console's launch, supposedly during fiscal 2016 (up to March 2017).
If there's a list of, say, 20 western 3rd party developers that have access to the early specs of the NX, I'd say Ready At Dawn (as a multiplatform developer) is included.Their work on the Okami port for the Wii was reportedly very good, and The Order's IQ on the PS4 is indeed a reference, despite all else.

hope Sony will let Cambridge studio and Sony Bend work on the sequel, both and good candidates.

Why not Ready At Dawn?
Just because they don't own the franchise, it doesn't mean they can't work on it.

Why not Ready At Dawn?
Just because they don't own the franchise, it doesn't mean they can't work on it.
x
they said they are working on 2 new IP, given their team size probably not available to make it and Sony is more than likely not funding them anymore with what just happen.

They have 100 people and Paul Sams is reportedly hiring a whole new team for his office in Austin.
Without knowing the scale, scope and timelines for these new IPs, we can't just assume outright that they won't work on a new Order title within the PS4's lifetime.

Granted, it won't be a yearly thing like Assassin's Creed, but looking at what that rate did to that particular franchise, I'd say that's not a bad thing.

Yea, it's all good. As long as the talent remains at Ready At Dawn. That's the important part. If they make a different game then I'm happy to jump on board. In contrast, if Sony wanted to make a sequel, it will most likely look much worse. This game may not be the best technically, but it is clearly one of the best (if not the best) artistically superior games to date.

In the last few months, this is what I learned from internet forums and articles comment sections: Gamers who only watched a youtube are experts and 1886 is the shittiest game ever, worse than E.T. There's CA everywhere and it makes the game suck. RAD sucks at making games and they suck at level design. All story-driven games suck. Having any amount of cinematic sucks. If Sony tries to make a sequel it will suck. Anything RAD says is damage control. QTE sucks. Any poll is stuffed. Any good review is paid. Anyone who liked the game is lying.

Well, good luck to everyone at RAD. I'll be very sad if this game never gets the sequel it deserve.

Software development for Nintendo NX must have started already. Especially if they ever want to have a decent line-up ready for the console's launch, supposedly during fiscal 2016 (up to March 2017).
If there's a list of, say, 20 western 3rd party developers that have access to the early specs of the NX, I'd say Ready At Dawn (as a multiplatform developer) is included.Their work on the Okami port for the Wii was reportedly very good, and The Order's IQ on the PS4 is indeed a reference, despite all else.
They've clarified that they meant a platform that's new to them (as in they haven't announced their support for it yet) and not a platform that is unannounced.

They've clarified that they meant a platform that's new to them (as in they haven't announced their support for it yet) and not a platform that is unannounced.

How is that possible? What else do we have that is not PS4, XBone or PC and could run anything remotely close to the visuals of The Order?
Shield Android TV at 1024*600?

Back