Star Wars Battlefront [PS4, XO]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
"40 player limit online"

Wow...does anyone else wish these current gen consoles were pre-planned for 2014 higher step technology?

I can't help but think that some major sacrifices were made to make this work online.

40 is 16 shy of 64 players...maybe there's interaction with npc groups again.

Still early in the consoles and dev tools cycle...maybe the sequel will hit the 64 player limit.

The images are in line with what I expected from knowing about Battlefield 3/4/Hardline.

The lack of space battles seems to indicate DICE preferred to focus on ground/arial combat as space would just add that 360 degrees of movement and related physics.

Thx Atmos... holy crap...as I stared reading I kept imagining how people would rush out to buy 7.1 surround systems.

Kudos on the article reading and images before watching some useless but eye candy video, reminded me of nearly way back gaming news.

Kudos on secrecy... E3 15 is still months away and surely there's gonna be a mountainof hype.

Seems like DICE most likely and definitely developed a higher version of Frostbite engine just for this game in line with how long these consoles have been out.

The graphics don't really surprise or impress me as Hardline already showed a lot of that facial skin eyes details.

First person to third person as a foot soldier...they better make that work somehow cause that's what sucked about the old Battlefront games.

"40 player limit online"

Wow...does anyone else wish these current gen consoles were pre-planned for 2014 higher step technology?

I can't help but think that some major sacrifices were made to make this work online.

40 is 16 shy of 64 players...maybe there's interaction with npc groups again.
24 shy... 64-40 = 24....
Still early in the consoles and dev tools cycle...maybe the sequel will hit the 64 player limit.

The images are in line with what I expected from knowing about Battlefield 3/4/Hardline.
Not all games require 64 players

Seems like DICE most likely and definitely developed a higher version of Frostbite engine just for this game in line with how long these consoles have been out.
The graphics don't really surprise or impress me as Hardline already showed a lot of that facial skin eyes details.
First person to third person as a foot soldier...they better make that work somehow cause that's what sucked about the old Battlefront games.

This could likely be rebranded as FrostByte 4 if they require Async shaders DX12/Vulkan. But we'll need to wait and see. couple minutes left here.

Just saw the trailer. The quality of the footage was awful but the overall feel of the pre-release footage seems to be preserved. Nice.

Of what I've seen before the stream went down. Wow. This is probably going to take the crown for best graphics for 2015. Likely. :)

And at the very end of that video:

"Game engine footage representative of PS4. Not actual gameplay"

So in other works, won't end up looking like that, especially on consoles.

The explosion effects are definitely recycled from the BF games. No vaseline filters so Hoth doesn't look as realistic but Tatooine looks absolutely gorgeous.

24 shy... 64-40 = 24....

Not all games require 64 players

My mistake I was thinking of 32 vs 32 player battles and in rushing to type didn't think of the math...was thinking way too much about this presentation...

I say that because it's a patern I keep noticing. Way back in now ancient PC history the first Battlefields boasted huge player numbers.

Then PlayStation 3 came and Resistance initially offered 40+ player online then Killzone 2 with it's then huge 32 player that got cut down to 24 iirc.

Battlefield returns with huge tech and high player counts then now we are seeing that player count cut down again.

Makes me feel that besides software development limits that there's some hardware also just...sigh!

People should not fear technology advancement or paying the price for it.

We saw many whiny complaints about PS3 being $600 dollars but many videogames NOW are offering an average of $40 to $60 dollars of additional DLC content and BF3/4 have already done this.

Honestly we should have had much more powerful consoles by now at least 4Tflop per GPU and 128 player limit online should have been the standard with vehicles but I'm just a tech monger. (None of that applies to PC btw)

This could likely be rebranded as FrostByte 4 if they require Async shaders DX12/Vulkan. But we'll need to wait and see. couple minutes left here.

The PS4 and Xbox One versions should be using the most hardware specific and optimized version of whatever advancements DICE has made to their proprietary 3d engine.

PC is probably gonna require Dx 12/Vulcan/Mantle as rumors and hype to have some kind of killer app to sell GPUs on PC.

I wanted to add that It was hilarious to think of the article writer's opinion of believing that a Star Wars or online Star Wars was never probably coming back.

Honestly even without the sequel films a series of single player or online multiplayer Star Wars games could have been made depending on who of a publisher/dev team would take the task.

It's a beloved franchise...I made the argument of being suspicious about how despite FPSs being so dominant last gen that not a single dev took the chance to make a Republic Commando sequel or FPS only theme and how it was in the late 90s that we had Star Wars space simulation combat, third and first person and then the 2000s was mostly bland.

How Bioware only really made one KOTOR and then they made that mess of near third person shooting rpg.

"Game engine footage representative of PS4. Not actual gameplay"
Certainly in the UK that statement is a legal requirement where footage includes cinematics or anything that isn't literally game play. The same text appears on all of Rockstar's GTA V TV ads because it's almost entirely cinematics even though the game does look like (or better than) the visuals in the ad.

Of course, this doesn't guarantee Battlefront will look like this. You really can't infer anything meaningful from it at all.

"Game engine footage representative of PS4. Not actual gameplay"? What the hell does that even mean? I'd say in best case scenario PS4 version would look like that except the cinematic angles and scripted animations. Also being 60fps would mean 900p or lower, what a bummer:(.

I hope we don't have to wait two months until E3 to see actual game play. I really hate "representative" trailers.

I said wow:

zeKq6Nh.jpg

I'm ready for a new Episode I racer.

KNE6tfX.jpg

"Game engine footage representative of PS4. Not actual gameplay"? What the hell does that even mean? I'd say in best case scenario PS4 version would look like that except the cinematic angles and scripted animations. Also being 60fps would mean 900p or lower, what a bummer:(.

I think it is PC footage maybe not Ultra settings but high in 1080p probably.

Back