News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to laugh at the "you can do it through streaming" answer. Lol, not quite the same thing Phil.
Talking of which, I really want to stream my games from the PC to the Xbox One when Windows 10 comes out. That would be so awesome, because I have calibrated the TV on the HDMI 1 port, where my X1 is connected and they would look awesome.

I stream almost everything via DLNA! Even MKV files, which work on the X1 using DLNA if you have the Shark007 tools installed on your PC -bye bye k-little coded pack-.

http://shark007.net/forum/Thread-Setup-and-usage

@RancidLunchmeat , I tried to add you but your gamertag doesn't work for me. Look for mine in my profile and add me, please. Do you know @AzBat Azbat's gamertag BTW?

Eurogamer had an interesting discussion wit Microsoft at GDC last week regarded the infamous developer parity clause. The TL;DR version is Microsoft still have the clause but it doesn't sound like they're really taking it seriously, which is good.

Would you say the parity clause has been generally misunderstood?

Look, we don't talk about our business relationships as they are on a case by case basis. We say to developers: come and talk to us and we will work it out. I think you might be right, but we do understand where developers are coming from.

Could be case sensitive? Nothing by the first "R" is capitalized on my gamer tag. I don't Azbat would mind, so his is AzBat360.

I'd like to add you as well, mine is Timberwolf25. If you're good with it, send me an invite or post here your permission and I'll send you a friend request.

Could be case sensitive? Nothing by the first "R" is capitalized on my gamer tag. I don't Azbat would mind, so his is AzBat360.
I just copied and pasted the gamertag in your profile on xbox.com but it didn't return any results and it gave me an error the other day. I shall try again. Thanks for sharing Azbat's gamertag, I will add Tommy too.

On a different note, in this exclusive Gamesradar interview with Phil Spencer he talks about the past, present and future of Xbox games.

http://www.gamesradar.com/past-present-and-future-xbox-games/

I just copied and pasted the gamertag in your profile on xbox.com but it didn't return any results and it gave me an error the other day. I shall try again.

It's missing a "u" in the lunch part. :p Just copy/pasta the forum name I think...

It's missing a "u" in the lunch part. :p Just copy/pasta the forum name I think...
heh, sounds fair, maybe Rancidlunchmeat just skipped lunch the day he wrote his GT. I've once fallen in love with a lunch lady, she wasn't rancid. :)

That's interesting. My original gamer tag did leave the "u" out because it exceeded the maximum amount of characters. That was changed a number of years ago, and I paid to rename my gamer tag to include the "u".

Capture.PNG

Apparently you can't send requests through Xbox.com, so I haven't had a chance to add you guys yet.

Apparently you can't send requests through Xbox.com, so I haven't had a chance to add you guys yet.

The "Add Friend" doesn't show up for you after you search for the person?

(Friends page -> search GT -> GT's profile view)

Attachments

• asdf.jpg
    asdf.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Thanks AlNets, that does work. Cyan and BadTB, you've both requests waiting.
Thanks, I've accepted it too. I had you as a follower, although I finally added you as a friend --the new system doesn't work as in the X360 days. Tommy and I added each other as friends too.
What are you? Jack's black sheep twin? LOL.
hahah, who is Jack Black, does he play blackjack? He looks to me like the snowman of Frozen.

You can now upload up to 50,000 songs to OneDrive and stream them to your Xb1 free of charge:

https://music.xbox.com/Onedrive

Hurray?

I use Google Drive with Google Music for the same purpose (not streaming to Xb1), so I guess using the Xbox Music integration into the Xb1 would be of benefit to some. I still don't think we have the ability to play music in the background of games or replace game soundtracks with our own custom playlists, so this feature a bit lacking to me.

If you were using OneDrive to store all your music previously, couldn't you just use the browser in the Xb1 to play them that way?

More important I believe I read the slingtv app is now available on One. That's nice because now I dont have to switch inputs. also my aged Roku LT is rather sluggish.

You can now upload up to 50,000 songs to OneDrive and stream them to your Xb1 free of charge:

https://music.xbox.com/Onedrive

Hurray?

I use Google Drive with Google Music for the same purpose (not streaming to Xb1), so I guess using the Xbox Music integration into the Xb1 would be of benefit to some. I still don't think we have the ability to play music in the background of games or replace game soundtracks with our own custom playlists, so this feature a bit lacking to me.

If you were using OneDrive to store all your music previously, couldn't you just use the browser in the Xb1 to play them that way?
Oh man, how much I used that feature on the original Xbox, especially when playing the almost perfect Project Gotham Racing 2, those were the days....

More important I believe I read the slingtv app is now available on One. That's nice because now I dont have to switch inputs. also my aged Roku LT is rather sluggish.

And if you sign up as new a user through your Xbox One you can get a free 30 day trial. Also, Microsoft is also offering 3 months free if you buy a Xbox One from the Microsoft Store...

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/locations/xbox-slingtv

Tommy McClain

Oh man, how much I used that feature on the original Xbox, especially when playing the almost perfect Project Gotham Racing 2, those were the days....

Yeah, I don't get it. Actually, the only game that I ever played that I cared about listening to music to was Madden. And that used to have its own soundtrack,which was pretty good - but at some point, I'd turn it off and just listen to my own tunes instead. Now, it doesn't seem like Madden even has a soundtrack while you play so it would be great to be able to stream my music in the background while playing!

Hopefully, they'll add this feature soon. Clearly, they are still working to integrate all their services and features together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back