Descent: Underground

Is this the same Descent I played when I was still in the womb and made me dizzy as f'k? I remember this! Loved it and an U4 version would be great, if done right.

In the FAQ:
Will there be a Single Player Campaign
Yes, we have that on the roadmap, but it will come after the multiplayer, unless we reach it as a future stretch goal here.
Big no no for me. I would back this if it was single-player first, multiplayer second like the original trilogy.
As it is, I'm not in the mood to wait almost 5 years for a single player experience like what will happen with Star Citizen.

Fun facts:
- Descent was developed by Parallax Software
- Parallax software was split into two teams in 1999, one to keep working on Descent and the other to develop a side-story to Descent in open space, called Descent: Freespace.
- The team who did Freespace 1 and 2 still exists as Volition, the guys who make the Saints Row series :)

Oh bollocks. Multiplayer is for crybabies who can't stay in a room alone for more than 5 minutes. Sometimes you just want to be left alone, you know? What's wrong with these people making multiplayer-only games! People need to learn the art of solitude.

This was a lot of fun in multiplayer though. I'd love this as a dualshock 4 controlled game for sure, using all the analog sticks, gyros, etc.

Oh bollocks. Multiplayer is for crybabies who can't stay in a room alone for more than 5 minutes. Sometimes you just want to be left alone, you know? What's wrong with these people making multiplayer-only games! People need to learn the art of solitude.

I'm sure it would take a lot less time to get the multiplayer only done and it can start generating revenue.

Depending on the level you back at you may only get a few multiplayer maps. So more maps and ships will cost money. They have a 5 year plan for maps and ships.

050997633c2338000f773fd03bde9907_original.png

Depending on the level you back at you may only get a few multiplayer maps.

I hate this idea. It's like a whole bunch of day-1 DLCs.
Also, you can't play this map if you're poor.

The original Decent was all about the multi-player, I barely even remember any single player part of it. A lot of fun though and that video certainly takes me back to the vertigo-inducing fun with my Orb.

@Malo Descent had a fantastic single player game.
ps: descent (with a little help) runs fantastic on a modern pc (it even has occulus rift support)
http://www.descent2.de/d2x.html

This was a lot of fun in multiplayer though. I'd love this as a dualshock 4 controlled game for sure, using all the analog sticks, gyros, etc.
Descent is fantastic with a force feedback joystick.

ps: Are these the Descent Into Cerberon Guys ?

Last edited:
I hate this idea. It's like a whole bunch of day-1 DLCs.
Also, you can't play this map if you're poor.
to me it just depends on how long between the releases the maps are. If its 6 months or a year then I don't mind throwing a few bucks back at them

This was a lot of fun in multiplayer though.
Wasn't it just? I have fond memories of pursuing fellow videologicians through the tunnels and watching them try to dodge the megamissile I'd just launched >8->

Back