3 Red Flashing Lights, Power Supply Orange

I tried the power supply on a different outlet in my room and downstairs, but I get the same 3 red flashing lights and power supply light is orange. Is this a power supply problem or is my 360 dead? I've had this 360 for 4-6 years now.

I tried the power supply on a different outlet in my room and downstairs, but I get the same 3 red flashing lights and power supply light is orange. Is this a power supply problem or is my 360 dead? I've had this 360 for 4-6 years now.

What you're describing is typically referred to as the "Red Ring of Death" (RRoD). You're probably past the manufacture warranty, even with the extended coverage proved specifically for RRoD issues, so you'll likely have to pay for any repairs.

if your box goes RROD, the PSU should turn to green. At least mine does.

basically RROD = "Hey user, this xbox detect problem".
you need to read the Error Code to know what your xbox is saying in detail (its veeeery detail and can specify the problem on CPU, RAM, heat, PSU, etc).

to read the Error Code...
i forgot. let me google a bit.

EDIT:
here it is

--==SECONDARY ERROR CODES==-
The specific type of hardware failure can be determined by a "hidden" error code
  • Turn the xbox 360 on, and wait till the 3 red lights are flashing.
  • Press and hold the sync up button (the small white one), while holding that button press the eject button.
  • The LEDs will now blink the first number in the code (as described below).
  • Release the eject button and press it again.
  • The LEDs will now blink the second number of the code.
  • The LEDs will now blink the third number of the code.
  • The LEDs will now blink the forth number of the code.
  • The LEDs will go back to the 3 red flashing lights.
You should be able to determine the difference between the 3 flashing lights and the error code lights by the rate in which they flash.

Here is how you interpret the LEDs to get the code number:

• All four lights flashing - 0
    • One light flashing - 1
    • Two Lights flashing - 2
    • Three lights flashing - 3

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?/topic/484726-faq-xbox-360-error-codes-explained/
https://xbox-experts.com/errorcodes.php

it may be hard to do (and read) the secondary error code in 1st try but its easy after you get the hang of it. The detailed database of explanation for every codes also awesome.

Back