FATBOT

Newcomer
Assassins Creed: Victory(2015):

uau2qi8cfqwdanmksr9y.jpg

1015726147524388674.png

qsqkddfi5wnrx8isnqug.jpg

yy31jpc9to1mc6zb6jcq.jpg

Dunno which plattform...

Ah yes. From Victorian London when the Houses of Parliament (and Big Ben) and St. Paul's Cathedral were on different sides of the River Thames! Historical accuracy FTW!

I see a 'B' to for Syncronise which rules out PlayStation.

Looks like a higher resolution (or just less blurry) than Unity, though.

I don't know how anyone can trust this developer with pre-release pics and vids after the total fail of the last game.

I don't know how anyone can trust this developer with pre-release pics and vids after the total fail of the last game.
Apart from the first game, they do a great game then a couple of average/flawed ones.

Assassin's Creed - poor framerate, frame tearing, highly repetitive.
Assassin's Creed 2 - awesome!
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - no idea, it's still in the cellophane wrap so I pretend it doesn't exist.
Assassin's Creed 3 - Not great by all accounts.
Assassin's Creed: Black Flag - Arrrrr! Piratey awesomeness!
Assassin's Creed: Unity - Enough said.
Assassin's Creed Rogue - No idea.
Assassin's Creed: Victory - should be good.

Which reinforces my point that they should just cut 2/3 of their output and concentrate on releasing great games every two years or so.

Anyway. St Pauls' position is ambiguous, it could be on the same side but behind one of the 'bends' of the river. I hope so anyway. They'll have a riot if they put St Paul's south of the river.

Anyway. St Pauls' position is ambiguous, it could be on the same side but behind one of the 'bends' of the river. I hope so anyway. They'll have a riot if they put St Paul's south of the river.

Nah, it shouldn't even be visible from that angle. Not unless they've compressed London which is possible. But the fact that Tower Bridge isn't visible (and should be if London is squished) assuming that didn't overly distort the geography.

Maybe they just embellished Southwark Cathedral.

Which reinforces my point that they should just cut 2/3 of their output and concentrate on releasing great games every two years or so.

Going OT, but I'm sure their financials show it's more money to cash in on a cheap-and-nasty interim game then focus all their love and attention on one glorious game every three years. Even if AC:U is crap, people have bought it.

Assassins Creed: Victory(2015):

uau2qi8cfqwdanmksr9y.jpg

1015726147524388674.png

qsqkddfi5wnrx8isnqug.jpg

yy31jpc9to1mc6zb6jcq.jpg

Dunno which plattform...

... and i was just finishing up Black Flag. :( AC:Victory should be for 2016 at the least, for optimization and just outright timing sake, good heavens. I have to say with each new game the visuals do look great though. The outfit of the new assassin looks pretty catchy, the back harness and the buckles, i can totally dig this...at a much latter date though.

I still think they should fix what they have already released. paying customers shouldn't have to suffer, that's just not right.

Apart from the first game, they do a great game then a couple of average/flawed ones.

Assassin's Creed - poor framerate, frame tearing, highly repetitive.
Assassin's Creed 2 - awesome!
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - no idea, it's still in the cellophane wrap so I pretend it doesn't exist.
Assassin's Creed 3 - Not great by all accounts.
Assassin's Creed: Black Flag - Arrrrr! Piratey awesomeness!
Assassin's Creed: Unity - Enough said.
Assassin's Creed Rogue - No idea.
Assassin's Creed: Victory - should be good.
What happened to revelations? I just finished that.

Going OT, but I'm sure their financials show it's more money to cash in on a cheap-and-nasty interim game then focus all their love and attention on one glorious game every three years. Even if AC:U is crap, people have bought it.

Indeed. There seems to be no financial incentive for Ubisoft to release fewer, higher quality Assassin's Creed titles. As long as people are buying the titles in droves they'll carry on banging them out year on year. Ubisoft don't even seem to be cannibalising their own sales - I am genuinely surprised that AC:U, Far Cry 4 and The Crew are all launching in such a narrow window of 2-3 weeks.

Mind you I genuinely like the open world unlockable tower formula but I'm not touching Unity with a bargepole!

What happened to revelations? I just finished that.

I forgot about it ;)

... and i was just finishing up Black Flag. :( AC:Victory should be for 2016 at the least, for optimization and just outright timing sake, good heavens. I have to say with each new game the visuals do look great though. The outfit of the new assassin looks pretty catchy, the back harness and the buckles, i can totally dig this...at a much latter date though.

I finished the main campaign and many of the side activities - I think I was at around 70% completion of Black Flag but I know it is a game I'll go back to at some point. Probably over Christmas when it's cold and miserable outside :)

I'm really liking Unity. Best AC since part II. Game is nowhere near as buggy or fundamentally broken as the likes of Driveclub, Dragon Age or the Halo Collection. Leagues better than the boring and unfocused errand simuator that was Black Flag too. Looking very much forward to AC Victory myself.

Seeing as UBI like to brag about fixing 300+ bugs, I would disagree with you, unless you are playing the xbox one version that seems to have had far more bug zapping before release than the other versions.

I've been playing the PS4 version since release. Got stuck in a wall once in the 30+ hours I played the game. Easily resolved the issue by quick travelling. That was it. I'm sure there are plenty of bugs. You know, just like in every ambitious open world game ever. It's certainly nowhere near the buggy, fucking mess Skyrim was. Certainly doesn't run any worse. Doesn't run any worse than every console AC game every released save for the up-res'd last gen port that was Black Flag as a matter of fact.

Meanwhile Dragon Age is glitching out left and right, Driveclub's main hook still isn't working, and Halo's multi player is broken.

It's nice that they are making another one. Too bad this got leaked by Kotaku way too early before actual release. It'll be carnival of stupidity again when people compare target renderer to eventually final product.

That said, I'm not too keen on timeframe of this game. Victorian London with more and more advanced firearms make it difficulty to create a good superhero assassin who can kill everything in melee without taking any damage. To make setting work, they'd have to move toward early Hitman series or Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed was never about that... and probably won't be in this game either.

It's unfortunate that Assassin's Creed series is such unique genre. Shadow of Mordor and Batman games are closest to it but still way too different. We need more clones or more entries from Ubisoft. One game a year is not enough (hopefully Rogue, while being only DLC lenght, comes to PC too).

That said, I'm not too keen on timeframe of this game. Victorian London with more and more advanced firearms make it difficulty to create a good superhero assassin who can kill everything in melee without taking any damage.

I thought this wasn't the case with Unity? Reviews generally suggest you avoid combat rather than engage the queue of enemies of previous games.

I thought this wasn't the case with Unity? Reviews generally suggest you avoid combat rather than engage the queue of enemies of previous games.

Yes and it caused problems at least for some players. Stealth didn't work as they expected (in that case, probably a incorrect or incomplete design choice from Ubisoft) and also made Assassin's Creed something that it wasn't before Unity. I know there's vocal group of players in various messageboards who want to change Assassin's Creed into something different but since there's no similar games as Assassin's Creed series, I most certanly wouldn't want that to happen.

They have this idea of pure stealth game (probably closest would be orginal Thief the Dark Project) but so far no developer has managed to pull of AAA stealth game with deep enough stealth game mechanics. And while I like Ubi and what they did in the past with Splinter Cell - Stealth genre is notoriously difficult to sell to the masses. If Ubi do choose to pursue even more modern eras (like first World War), they might lose both old fans and not to gain new fans because of heavy stealth requirement.

I'm really liking Unity. Best AC since part II. Game is nowhere near as buggy or fundamentally broken as the likes of Driveclub, Dragon Age or the Halo Collection. Leagues better than the boring and unfocused errand simuator that was Black Flag too. Looking very much forward to AC Victory myself.
If I were into AC as much as I'd like to, I'd certainly pick this one up, 'cos I have AC IV and without being a frequent AC player I share your views on the subject, from the little I played -got bored-.

Now that this game is based on the Victorian era I gotta say that I'd like to play a beat'em up inspired by those times.

Back