Geometry Wars 3

Scott_Arm

Legend
OMG,I can't wait.

You play on the surface of a 3D shape instead of a 2D surface. Looks like there is team-based competitive multiplayer.

Looks good I wouldnt mind playing this, the logical progression going into a 3d surface, are their motherships? or are they saving those for geometry wars 4

This game is supposed to be out on PS4, PS3 and PC. It'll be out tomorrow for Xbox One and 360. That's what I've read. Haven't found many details except for the polygon review which is positive.

Mines already pre-downloaded. I'll have to interrupt my nightly SO blast at 12 to give it a go! :)

I'm also interesting in feedback for this. I do like a twin-stick shooter but it'd need to be sufficiently different from Super Stardust for me to pick up.

I gave it half an hour or so. Initial feedback is that it doesn't feel any different from what you'd expect from Geometry Wars - its all very familiar, and just as enjoyable from a "pick up and blast" perspective. The play board does change things a little - for instance I noted that I seem to die a lot more when I'm not firing in the direction you are going. Additionally it changes the characteristics of the enemies - In GW2 my strategy for the blues ones that chase you would be to collect a load chasing, then quickly turn around and back them into a wall; obviously you can't do that now. The fast orange arrow ones now seem to be easier to get as now they all converge at one of the axis' of game world.

Obviously there are more maps to explore, though, as I only advanced a few levels in one game mode.

Played a bit last night. Looks sharp, plays smooth. The map shapes do make things interesting. It feels very familiar, but it's refreshing. Not sure I'll play it quite as much as I played the old ones.

Forgot to check the multiplayer options for classic mode.

It's too fucking fast. I want to like this, it's just my type of game, but it's forcing me to hate it by its relentless stressful pace.

Where's the casual mode button?! :eek:

Great little game but yes very stressful.
Best of all it's got local coop modes for a few players - something not enough console games have at the moment (on XBox1/PS4 at least).

It's always been a 'survival horror' series as I say lol, do the local multiplayer modes let you play the different arcade modes (carried over from Retro Evolved 2) with 4 people (on the same system), eg. Waves, Pacifism etc. or is local multiplayer only for the co-op campaign?

It's always been a 'survival horror' series as I say lol, do the local multiplayer modes let you play the different arcade modes (carried over from Retro Evolved 2) with 4 people (on the same system), eg. Waves, Pacifism etc. or is local multiplayer only for the co-op campaign?

Ha ha ha, survival horror may be the most accurate description.

Back