Ratchet and Clank [PS4]

Shortbread

Island Hopper
Legend
Interview with Ted Price of Insomniac up on Eurogamer.

I must have been living under a rock... when was this announced? :oops:

That's not a denial! So what's next for Insomniac? Sunset Overdrive is out soon. Are you rolling into another project or will you take a break?

Ted Price: Like every developer that has multiple teams, we are always busy. I'm sure you've heard we're working on Ratchet & Clank for the PlayStation 4. We are going to release Outernauts on the Android platform. But short-term we are most excited about seeing fan reaction to Sunset Overdrive on Xbox One. It's a brand new IP on a big platform, one that has a lot of fans we know are interested in something different and fresh. The response so far has been fantastic.

DAY 1 PURCHASE!!!!! Hell yes!!! :oops:

DSoup you made my day... lol

I've still not played Nexus yet, nor completed the PS3 remake of the original trilogy. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this, though. Really loved Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty and Crack in Time. the R&C looks amazing on PS3, it's hard to image how much better they could look on PS4 :yep2:

I've still not played Nexus yet, nor completed the PS3 remake of the original trilogy. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this, though. Really loved Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty and Crack in Time. the R&C looks amazing on PS3, it's hard to image how much better they could look on PS4 :yep2:

Of all the games I enjoyed across the PS2/PS3, I enjoyed the R&C series a little bit more. Always had a soft-spot for these two... humor, awesome weird weapons, highly detailed environments and just outright fun to play.

Of all the games I enjoyed across the PS2/PS3, I enjoyed the R&C series a little bit more. Always had a soft-spot for these two... humor, awesome weird weapons, highly detailed environments and just outright fun to play.

Don't get me wrong, I've loved the R&C games since I mistakenly bought the first one -my girlfriend was raving about this game that looked like a cartoon and insisted I get it at lunchtime and instead of Sly Cooper I bought Ratchet & Clank.

But after seven games (the original PS2 trilogy, skipped Deadlocked but played Size Matters on PSP, then ToD, QfB and CiT on PS3) I'm definitely a bit fatigued. Unless they do something new. Hell, I'd be happy with them completely rebooting the franchise and lose all the story baggage they've picked up over the years.

He is talking about a PS4 game. The links you posted are for the upcoming movie
:???:

The articles are titled:

IGN: E3 2014: ORIGINAL RATCHET & CLANK GETTING PS4 REMASTER
Gamespot: E3 2014: Ratchet & Clank Game Announced, Movie Showed Off
Polygon: Ratchet and Clank movie and 'reimagined' first game coming to PSN in the first half of 2015
PS blog: The original Ratchet & Clank is being re-imagined for PS4

:???:

Well it would most definitely benefit from being less blurry. The PS3 games were great but it's time to move on from low res blurry IQs and I'm sure a printing 1080p IQ will be just what we will get on the new gen.

I didn't find the 3 PS3 games blurry at all. However when they when 30 fps everything went really blurry in motion....

Also, I think they look better if you force the 1080p mode...

I didn't find the 3 PS3 games blurry at all. However when they when 30 fps everything went really blurry in motion....

Also, I think they look better if you force the 1080p mode...

Personally I found the IQ in R&C acceptable, very close to DVD quality, but slightly better of course. Point is, on ps4 the difference should be quite striking.

I have high hopes that they can get back to their best with this game although history seems to be against that idea.

Back