Wild [PS4]

Oh so that's what it was. I had to leave the lifestream for a mo and had no idea what I was watching. Certainly intriguing.

Looks like MMO survival set in fantastic prehistory to me. The option to play as animals as well as human(oid)s is a smart way to extend appeal and introduce novel gameplay. Great aesthetic, close in feeling to Pixar IMO.

Hard to tell if it will be fun, but with Ancel behind it, I'll certainly keep an eye out for this.

Biggest surprise and megaton of the show for me.
Yeah, this looks like it could be very cool. And that's saying in a conference where they also showed Rime and The Tomorrow Children. It's these genre-breakout games which keeps my buying PlayStations.

Sony have really excelled themselves this Gamescom. Frankly this stuff gets me more interested and excited than Uncharted and Infamous but these looks genuinely new and interesting game experiences. I hope they actually are.

I just re-watched that section of the keynote, and he mentioned that the open world has the size of entire Europe, with full support for all different seasons.

Ambitious.

I just re-watched that section of the keynote, and he mentioned that the open world has the size of entire Europe, with full support for all different seasons.
Christmas, Easter and Halloween? :runaway:

I'm betting the general topography is fixed with the detail being generated procedurally. I.e. it'll be the same for each person but they aren't crafting every rock and tree you see.

Looks really interesting and ambitious (like No Man's Sky) but what bothers me is the look of the main human male character (the woman looks OK).

Most animals like the still existing ones today: horses, wolves, crows and boars have a rather realistic look compared to the cartoony look of the main character aimed for young children but the game is aimed at +16yo.

It's like he is a parody of Hulk, only with in white skin. Compared to the skinny woman and normal animals, the man really stands apart. Why so big?

Developed by Wild Sheep, co-founded by Ancel in Montpellier, the game is the size of Europe and conatins dynamic weather and seasons, and is “filled with interactive opportunities that feel endless.”

“Every time you play you’ll discover new things, even in the same place as before,” said Ancel. “But the best feature came from our prototyping phase when we started playing as wolves, horses, sheep and… even trout. So we decided that in WiLD every creature should be playable, even the giant and dangerous ones.

“All these features combined, open so many new gameplay situations, especially when playing online. How you approach the game is up to you, what you do and even what you are – it’s all up to you.”

Who says indie games can't be big
- WiLD is the size of Europe
- Dynamic weather and seasons
- Filled with interactive opportunities
- Every creature should be playable
- Every time you play you’ll discover new things, even in the same place as before.

Gamersyde 60fps trailer
http://www.gamersyde.com/download_wild_earth_african_safari_gamescom_trailer-32717_en.html

“All these features combined, open so many new gameplay situations, especially when playing online. How you approach the game is up to you, what you do and even what you are – it’s all up to you.”

So its not an MMO then?

Show us the game please sony !
image_wild-27252-3055_0002.jpg

image_wild-27252-3055_0003.jpg

image_wild-27252-3055_0004.jpg

WiLD and No Man's Sky appeal to my inner explorer. I'm as interested in these as much as Uncharted 4, Arkham Knight and The Order 1886.

Back