GemhisKhan 2014 (All Companies)

O yeah. I played for 15 minutes, and I closed the game with the speed of light. Incredible atmosphere and visuals, but scary as hell.

And then people say that Sony did not have megaton in their Gamescom conference. :D :D :D

Fox Engine rocks!!!!! Finally we saw game made with it that is not held back by any oldgen limitations!

edit - Here it is, first unveil of the demo's secret. @gamergirltalk and 3 viewers on her Twitch channel saw it. :)

When did this happen? :oops:

I must get home to download the demo...

Day Z still seems very unpolished to me on the pc side. I'm surprised if it comes out in 2015 for the ps4

Didn't he say within 3 years..? To me it was a big non announcement. And he did say consoles afaik.

What I found very positive about the Sony presentation was the large amount of different quirky games instead of the same old classic genres.

Microsoft also had a strong presentation, quantum being my favorite, it had that infamous vibe.

Sony did have a lot of quirky little games but indies aren't getting me excited mostly cause it seems those are the free games you will eventually get free with subscription to a service. The exceptions for me are below and no man sky.

Sony disappointed me greatly with again a lack of last guardian . I really wish
both companies had more for the end of the year.

Sony did have a lot of quirky little games but indies aren't getting me excited mostly cause it seems those are the free games you will eventually get free with subscription to a service. The exceptions for me are below and no man sky.

Sony disappointed me greatly with again a lack of last guardian . I really wish
both companies had more for the end of the year.

They had big AAA production quirky titles, not just indie.

How dare you put MS talk in the clearly Sony Gamescom thread?
Perhaps the lack of posting during the conference was due to it's timing? Here in the UK it was early afternoon when many, like myself, were working. I've not seen it yet but will watch it tonight.

Day Z still seems very unpolished to me on the pc side. I'm surprised if it comes out in 2015 for the ps4

Yeah, I've played a fair bit of DayZ and unpolished is how I'd describe it. But it was a surprise to see the DayZ creator on stage. Sony have already announced their own survival/scavenger zombie first person shooter (H1Z1) so fair play to them for promoting the competition instead of their own studio's offering.

I still need to see MS conference but was slightly encouraged by the Sony showing. E3 from my perspective was depressing, developers were largely showing off check box style games, taking too few chances and rehashing old IPs. Some of the titles shown seemed to be breaking out a bit and the overall production quality seemed pretty high especially for the indie titles shown.

Edit:

any links to the MS conference are appreciated

This Gamescom definitely kicked the crap out of any other Gamescom I remember. Maybe it was lowered expectations partly, but still. Exceeded my expectations already easily.

Maybe since GDC seems to be getting lesser in terms of gaming news (it's always had this uneasy backlash at being a news event) this can become more of a true secondary E3 type event.

And still have The Division showing at least, upcoming yet.

This Gamescom definitely kicked the crap out of any other Gamescom I remember. Maybe it was lowered expectations partly, but still. Exceeded my expectations already easily.
nice one man your're one of the few ppl I notice here, got any links that give a summary of what happened? (just for us that don't really pay attentionlike we would of back in the 80s (sigh) )

Everyone's gonna have to quit with the acronyms; what the hell is PT and where did it come from??

I didn't see the conference, thought I'd check here for the updates...

It wasn't shown in the conference other than video of players' reactions. It was revealed as an interactive trailer. ie. You had to download and experience it on PS4. There were zero details (other than it's scary based on the screaming players) and the name was on given as P.T., no doubt to help preserve the mystery.

I had no idea what Silent Hill was, never played that series.

This thing really scared the shit out of me. PT probably means Post-Traumatic. :LOL:

I had no idea what Silent Hill was, never played that series.
Same. I had an ex who played it but can't remember much from watching her years and years ago. But I saw the movies so as soon I saw the
baby in the sink with the same creepy formless shape
it immediately made me think of Silent Hill but I didn't make the connection.
This thing really scared the shit out of me. PT probably means Post-Traumatic. :LOL:

Yeah. Had I gone into the demo knowing what it was I would have been mentally prepared, but I wasn't. It worked so much better with zero frame of reference when wandering around :yes:

PT stands for Playable Teaser.
Of course, they didn't want people to know what is was about, in the beginning.

So no word on Journey? That's personally a little disappointing for me as I haven't played it yet. I still hope its coming to ps4

Back