GemhisKhan 2014 (All Companies)

The thing that's really jumping out at me is how good the graphics are in all of the games demoed at Gamescom, for any platform. From the indies to the big boys, pretty much every game looks great. Seems we've passed the point where budget titles are going to look kind of crummy.

Did you guys check all those Vita announcements?
I detect some sarcasm there. I did run into a game trailer for that B&W anime horror game whatsitscalled while I was stuck on a bus while the conference was going on (thank grud for smartphones and 4G internet connections!) though, and it looks really interesting.

;) Glad to see you still alive

Haha. I'm pretty sure my heart rate was through the roof. Creepy and unnerving as hell then.. well, others should give it a go :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner.

You guys tricked me into downloading P.T... I had no idea what the hell it was, but damn, I'm SO not buying that game. I didn't even play the demo long enough for anything REALLY scary to happen (
just up to when the bathroom door opens and all those cockroaches start scurrying around, and the creepy baby noises and voices and whatnot...
Maybe 5 minutes of gameplay, max.) UGH. SO not my game, at all.

You guys tricked me into downloading P.T... I had no idea what the hell it was, but damn, I'm SO not buying that game. I didn't even play the demo long enough for anything REALLY scary to happen (* SPOILER * Maybe 5 minutes of gameplay, max.) UGH. SO not my game, at all.

Haha. Finish it. Man up!

Its one of these games you want to play and dont want at the same time.

It reminds me of the old days when I played RE1 when I was 13 or 14 years old and SH1 a few years later. Scary experiences

But this takes the cake. Its a rollercoaster on a couch.

I am 30 and I was close to screaming like an 8 year old girl. But this is what makes this game amazing

I AM 30!!!

I AM 30!!!
I'm 43 :) It was brilliant at creating an atmosphere. Few games gave creeped me out as much as P.T. but it's not my type of game. I was terrified of even looking about just as the demo ended.

But I made it. Pondering suggesting it to the girlfriend but I think I'll just let her find it and try it. If I suggest it to her, I'll never hear the end of it.

The lighting in the P.T. demo freaking fantastic.

O yeah. I played for 15 minutes, and I closed the game with the speed of light. Incredible atmosphere and visuals, but scary as hell.

And then people say that Sony did not have megaton in their Gamescom conference. :D :D :D

Fox Engine rocks!!!!! Finally we saw game made with it that is not held back by any oldgen limitations!

edit - Here it is, first unveil of the demo's secret. @gamergirltalk and 3 viewers on her Twitch channel saw it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched MS conference this morning. Thoughts

Quantum Break and Forza Horizon looked really good. QB borderline amazing.

MCC was fairly drab graphically compared to those two.

Surprised about the TR Rising news I guess. Would have expected PS4 to be the one getting more third party pseudo exclusives due to it's high sales.

The bundles first off confirm no price reduction in Europe which is disappointing. The AW bundle doesn't make sense from a pricing standpoint, it's one of those not too great value bundles MS tends to do. You pay $40 for a color scheme and 500GB extra hard drive. Sunset Overdrive bundle is much better, but what if like me you prefer your consoles black? I guess Madden will be the bundle for you, but if you're a hypothetical new buyer and like me you dont care about Madden but are interested in SO, well you're kinda screwed.

I guess between Madden (depending how long that goes and if it's replaced later) and SO bundle, either way you're getting a free game with Xbox One this holiday, which seems the absolute least they can do in lieu of a price drop.

I watched MS conference this morning. Thoughts

Quantum Break and Forza Horizon looked really good. QB borderline amazing.

MCC was fairly drab graphically compared to those two.

Surprised about the TR Rising news I guess. Would have expected PS4 to be the one getting more third party pseudo exclusives due to it's high sales.

The bundles first off confirm no price reduction in Europe which is disappointing. The AW bundle doesn't make sense from a pricing standpoint, it's one of those not too great value bundles MS tends to do. You pay $40 for a color scheme and 500GB extra hard drive. Sunset Overdrive bundle is much better, but what if like me you prefer your consoles black? I guess Madden will be the bundle for you, but if you're a hypothetical new buyer and like me you dont care about Madden but are interested in SO, well you're kinda screwed.

I guess between Madden (depending how long that goes and if it's replaced later) and SO bundle, either way you're getting a free game with Xbox One this holiday, which seems the absolute least they can do in lieu of a price drop.

How dare you put MS talk in the clearly Sony Gamescom thread?

As far as console color goes - I'm still amazed at people who care about their console colors or even buy new consoles in new and different colors. I think the Gamecube really started this, continued by the Wii. Having both a 360 Elite (black) and a 360 Arcade (white), and having to have swapped them out back and forth in different rooms with different surrounding AV equipment, I've quickly come to the realization I don't care a lick about what color the console is. :D

I don't remember all the release dates for the various consoles, but the SO bundle was dated some time in Oct (15th?), so this is well before the holiday season. And clearly, MS doesn't plan to sell any consoles between now then.

Now - back to the Sony-fied purpose of this thread: I'm shocked at the lack of love for the Day Z announcement! Sure, it doesn't appear to be an exclusive (maybe timed? Possibly just even due to porting without any $$ changing hands), but I'd say that's a pretty big deal. If they can clean up the graphics a bit and give more details about how persistent the worlds will be, that could be an incredibly awesome game. In fact, because of the nature of the persistent worlds and the reliance on the cloud, I would have thought this is exactly the game that would showcase MS's "Cloud integration and leverage", instead, they went PS4. Or at least, PS4 first.

Huge win here for Sony, IMO.

Day Z still seems very unpolished to me on the pc side. I'm surprised if it comes out in 2015 for the ps4

Yeah, Arma2 mod is still better than DayZ standalone. It's a neat diversion on the PC side, but lacks the polish console gamers expect I think. Needs a boat load of work and will have had all it's unique gameplay elements ripped off by then.

Still trying to understand what Wild is but to me was the most interesting thing shown. Seen nothing like it.

Back