Barco Aura - driver request

vlask

Newcomer
Just got some used BarcoMed PCI for Nio card (from scrap collecting guy) and trying to get it work. Its medical stuff with proprietary AURA technology graphics processor (another new graphic chipset i never heard about). Problem is that they give drivers only for registered customers. Found some driver at suspicious site kind of driverinstaller...no extended panels and cant choose any usefull resolution (4color only). So that driver is some generic stuff and dont work or mine card is damaged (has at boot and later all the time some strange red color over everything - maybe thats why it ended at scrapyard) or it works only with specific monitors it came bundled with.

barco support page is here - http://www.barco.asia/en/Products-Solutions/Image-processing/Medical-display-controllers/PCInbsp;display-controller-for-Nio-display-systems.aspx?tab=specs , card id is KM570064 and according to barco they have ftp for registered users - so maybe someone in here have acces there? (they seems to selling non medical stuff too).

Id like to have driver from more legal source, before i try register myself disguised as IT technician of local hospital :???: (maybe for that kind of request have they there SN number request - ofc dont know serial of monitor they bundled card with).

ygpm

FYI: The card only works on special greyscale displays 'cause it's used for medical displays (radiography, mammography, etc) which might explain the artifacts you saw.

According to the specs sheet these are the supported resolutions:

1600 x 1200 @ 60Hz
1536 x 2048 @ 60Hz
2048 x 1536 @ 60Hz

There's also some for sale on ebay, you could try your luck contacting the sellers and see if they have the driver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see your still collecting Vlask

Yep, still got the spirit. That barco card will go the palcal in the end, cause i got it from guy who promised it to him. Thats why i really dont care about drivers, just been curious about chip i never heard before.

Site seems to be dead some time, thats because im shifting it to new joomla system and its a lot work (up 203 articles, im at Matrox now) - much more data about chips, searching for new links, replacing dead ones takes some time. Anyone can check progress at subdomain http://old.vgamuseum.info/ . Still no new cards till i finish porting.

Back