Crytek may go bankrupt

Exactly, which brings me back to my point. Why not??

I'm not sure sure if it's a rhetorical question but the obvious answer is the Yerli brothers who ultimately run the company are a bunch of self-centered, arrogant idiots and completely void of any notion regarding what gamers want to pay for.
Which is a shame, because their company kinda makes games for a living.

I'm not sure sure if it's a rhetorical question but the obvious answer is the Yerli brothers who ultimately run the company are a bunch of self-centered, arrogant idiots and completely void of any notion regarding what gamers want to pay for.

Re-releases are doing well so far. Tomb Raider. The Last of Us. I have high hopes of Metro Redux and GTA V as well. Perhaps when the numbers are out, greed will make Crysis Trilogy for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One a reality.

Yeah. A lot of console games towards the tail end of last generation were really poor in resolution and framerate. A Crysis collection with somewhat close to high PC settings on PS4/Xone would be a great contrast to what people were playing on the 360/PS3. People love pretty graphics, especially on shiny new platforms with a small software libraries.

Re-releases are doing well so far. Tomb Raider. The Last of Us. I have high hopes of Metro Redux and GTA V as well. Perhaps when the numbers are out, greed will make Crysis Trilogy for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One a reality.

TBH, re-releases were doing well so every single publisher seems to be jumping on the bandwagon of re-releases/re-ports/remasters/definites/this-is-the-only-version-that-counts editions.

How many re-somethings have been announced in the past three months? 10? 15? Capcom is even launching a re-release of a remake with Resident Evil.
Re-ception. No, wait.. that's actually a word. Remake-ception.

Had the publishers done this the smart way, launching a remaster once in a while, it could be a steady stream of annual income.
Instead, the bean counters seem to think this is the new gold rush since F2P so they'll be milking this to death.

You'll notice that news of re-milking stuff are now starting to get the "meh" treatment in gaming sites/blogs. Public opinion isn't too far either.

I have a feeling most are doing well just because there isn't anything else to buy. Or at least that's what it feels like.

I imagine we'll see more of this going forward as development cycles get even longer with this generation. Meaning quick "upgrades" to older games become attractive to publishers in order to minimize investment and development time in order to fill gaps between new titles.

BTW - that's not necessarily saying it's a bad thing. I wouldn't mind seeing some remasters of some of the titles I really loved. Just pointing out that it's an easy way to fill in space between titles with long development times.

It also points out that sometimes people don't want something new just because it's new. They want MORE of the exact same game play. Ideally with a different setting (IE - proper sequel with same game play instead of tweaked and upgraded game play that ruins the experience that was in the original) and better graphics.

Regards,
SB

Back