Crytek may go bankrupt

They already know the Xbox One hardware quite well: see Ryse.
Yeah? So anyone who's ever released an xbone game is thus a good fit for MS to purchase? That's not logical.

All the other reasons you mention can be summed up into "I like crysis and my console, so I think MS should buy crytek", basically.

MS does not have a good history of utilizing 3rd party studios well, I see no reason that repeating history with crytek would be any different. Also, MS has talent and engines and franchises and people already. More of the same wouldn't necessarily be very helpful, especially as MS has a sci-fi shooter franchise already, IE, halo. That'd be money invested competing for the same customers.

It'd be activision buying battlefield off of EA, if you will.

Well yeah, but I think MS are more in need of a jolt in sales and some acquisitions could do the trick.

Surely they would be better suited buying a studio that produces games that actually sell well, rather than ones that merely look good and have awful stories, horrendous game play or both.

With their massive overheads, poor up take of their engine, and limited output how are they even a viable option for a bail out.

With their massive overheads, poor up take of their engine, and limited output how are they even a viable option for a bail out.
You'd cut away the recent dead-weight acquisitions and keep the core that survived for 10 years (assuming the financials show they survived off their own profits and not constant investment).

Surely they would be better suited buying a studio that produces games that actually sell well, rather than ones that merely look good and have awful stories, horrendous game play or both.

But those are the games that sell well.

Regardless, take away the F2P ventures which translated into a ballooning of HR costs and I bet they'd be doing a sustainable business selling CryEngine and Crysis.

Did crysis really sell well? I know people like the look of the games but I didn't think it transferred into sales.

Microsoft could buy Crytek UK (Free Radical) and fold them back into Rare. Lol.
x0w5Urk.gif

:runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

:oops:

Crysis 2 did over 3M WW though the third game seemingly bombed.
C3 would have sold better (together with the latest syndicate) had EA not been dumbfuck stupid and locked online sales of the game(s) to origin only.

C3 would have sold better (together with the latest syndicate) had EA not been dumbfuck stupid and locked online sales of the game(s) to origin only.

Sometimes great developers and awesome games can be ruined by shi**y publishers. :yep2:

hm... well, console sales seemed to be the greatest for C2, so I'm not sure being Origin-exclusive was the issue for the sequel.

Surely if the game were compelling enough, the digital store shouldn't matter and it would have sold to the mass market. *shrug*

edit: I mean, it bombed on console too, so...

That's why I never bought it, I just stick with Steam as I prefer one place for everything and Steam offers me more than enough gaming to last two lifetimes. Same reason I never bought Mass Effect 3, if it's not on Steam then it doesn't exist to me.

Crysis 2 was very popular as shown in this link:

http://hothardware.com/News/Crysis-2-Tops-List-of-Most-Pirated-Games-of-2011

...just in the wrong way, so it's questionable if that game made them any profit at all or just broke even. Crysis 3 was just out of place on the older consoles, shipping that late on last gen means it would be impossible to visually wow anyone which takes a lot of the bite out of it. I don't know if it was a good game or not as I never played it, but presumably it played similar to Crysis 2 which was the most popular game among thieves in 2011.

Crysis 3 would have easily sold twice or more as many units on PC if it had been on Steam.

Crysis 3 would have easily sold twice or more as many units on PC if it had been on Steam.

Perhaps, though it seems in general the game just bombed. They wouldn't have been able to make up for the loss of console sales, so either way (digital store exclusivity or not) they'd still be in trouble.

if it's not on Steam then it doesn't exist to me.
Same here TBH. Not that I think steam's so uber super awesome, but rather they were first to do what they do and I ended up buying all my stuff there. I don't see why I should keep multiple accounts at various vendors and have multiple clients running. It's entirely EA's fault (and loss) for not selling their games where I'm shopping.

They need to stop being stupid; I would very much LIKE to buy C3 and the new syndicate, but I can't. Origin I'll never get onboard with, for reasons mentioned, and frankly because I don't trust EA any farther than I can throw it. I still remember the time when origin rooted through your entire harddrive(s) and reported back home to base with the contents. Have they actually ever stopped doing that by the way? I don't think I ever read an official confirmation from EA about it...

Back