The Annual E3 Sony press conference thread, 2014 edition

They mentioned PS3 although I dont remember the exact wording. They did use multiple PS3's, hence why they mentioned PS3. The wording if I recall was similar to the wording they used for U4.

Well I searched for the reveal trailer of tlous and it had shimmering and aliasing. It also didn't look that impressive, quite similar to the ingame visuals perhaps the models were a tad bit more detailed.

Should have shortened the middle part, but decent press conference overall.
I watched it this it and yeah. I think Shawn Layden, Jack Tretton's successor, wanted his moment in the spotlight but it just slowed the pace of the whole thing and make is unnecessarily long - but Sony have a history of loooong E3 conferences.

I watched it this it and yeah. I think Shawn Layden, Jack Tretton's successor, wanted his moment in the spotlight but it just slowed the pace of the whole thing and make is unnecessarily long - but Sony have a history of loooong E3 conferences.
I was listening to the bombcast during it and they thought it was a kind of hazing to have to deliver the most yawn inducing part of the event

For your entertainment I will go Microsoft fanboy-mode on the Uncharted 4 water:

"The water in Uncharted 4 looks absolutely.... horrible: it clips through his face! Even the pre-alpha version* of Hydro Thunder for Xbox1 had better water. Just a typical case of Sony over promising and not delivering. Toy story graphics my ass. What a terrible, terrible company"

*running on a 233mhz Pentium 2 chip

...:rolleyes: :cool:

Ontopic: they should have showed the Last Guardian, even if it was just a few second teaser of that 'thing'... waking up? Just to show that it's not cancelled. If would have cost them next to nothing, but it would have please team ICO fans all over the world. A serious missed chance :(

I was listening to the bombcast during it and they thought it was a kind of hazing to have to deliver the most yawn inducing part of the event
And they do it almost every year and the press bash them for it. I'm surprised they have not learned that the press and consumers generally just want the core game information at the glitzy press conference. Sony are at E3 for the whole week so why not do all the non-core gaming news in separate interviews. :???:

And they do it almost every year and the press bash them for it. I'm surprised they have not learned that the press and consumers generally just want the core game information at the glitzy press conference. Sony are at E3 for the whole week so why not do all the non-core gaming news in separate interviews. :???:
It's inscrutable :) It must be a corporate thing and it is a bore. I will say it used to be a lot worse

Granted, E3 is also for the companies to send a message to investors/general media, not just a gameshow aimed at viewers.

We're all after the new games, new IP, but we also have to consider there are people that do indeed care about the companies rolling out new services.
It may be a bore for us but there are important figures that will find the 30 minutes that bore us into oblivion quite useful in understanding where Sony is focusing on in the future in terms of services apart from games and new ips.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/06/09/sony-wins-e3-by-a-nose/

Granted, E3 is also for the companies to send a message to investors/general media, not just a gameshow aimed at viewers.
Very true but that could make it easier on their customer but leaving all the corporate strategy stuff towards the end. Then gamers know when Shawn Layden appears, they can switch off.

Putting this in the middle, utterly destroys the pace of the games information. You're getting games news and buzzed and hyped then Mr Buzzkill comes on for 20 minutes, and they have to work to rebuild the buzz they just destroyed.

PlayStation at E3 2014: Watch it Live

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/09/playstation-at-e3-2014-watch-it-live/

Wednesday, June 11th
Time PDT Segment

10:00 AM Morning Show
10:30 AM Entwined
10:45 AM EA Sports UFC
11:00 AM Diablo III: The Ultimate Evil Edition
11:30 AM Oddworld Abe’s Oddessy: New ‘N Tasty
11:45 AM Homefront: The Revolution
12:00 PM Dead Island 2
12:45 PM NHL
1:00 PM The Playroom
1:20 PM Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
1:40 PM Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
2:00 PM Far Cry 4
2:20 PM Planetside 2
2:35 PM Helldivers
2:50 PM Lara Croft & The Temple of Osiris
3:15 PM Bloodborne
3:30 PM Lords of the Fallen

Here’s the full live schedule; set those alarms and bookmarks!
Monday, June 9th | PlayStation E3 2014 Press Conference | 5:45pm Pacific Time
Tuesday, June 10th | PlayStation LiveCast show | 12:00pm to 6:00pm Pacific Time
Wednesday, June 11th | PlayStation LiveCast show | 10:00am to 4:00pm Pacific Time
Thursday, June 12th | PlayStation LiveCast show | 10:00am to 3:00pm Pacific Time

I am really missing some fighting fun this generation. I can't believe MKX is the only next gen fighting game that has been shown so far.
Oh and Guilty Gears Xrd which looks insane but won't be here any time soon.

Where did Jack Tretton go ?

Bah, should have get him to launch a risky (but high reward) project before he leaves. That way if it fails, people can blame him. :runaway:

Back