Arena Commander from Original Systems out now !

Malo what kind of PC do you have? I have a i7-3770 +GTX670. Would that run well at highest settings 1080p?

I'm running an i5-3570k at 4.4Ghz with a 7870 overclocked as well. I'm also trying it at 5040x1050 resolution.

edit: Just trying it at single monitor 1680x1050 it's very smooth throughout. After experiencing it in Eyefinity though there's no way I'm going back so it's going to be new GPU for this title. I've got a long time to wait anyway :)

Swaaye, this is the list of AA types it supports, I'm sure we'll be able to remove all signs of aliasing as long as we have the horsepower:

SMAA: Shader Enhanced Subpixel Morphological Antialiasing
FXAA: Shader Fast Approximate Antialiasing
TXAA: Shader Temporal Antialiasing
MSAA: Shader Multisample Antialiasing
MSAA: Hardware Multisample Antialiasing
SSAA: Hardware Supersample Antialiasing *Note: broken in current CryEngine versions

Last edited by a moderator:
Very pretty. But definitely needs a joystick. It's somewhat doable with mouse and keyboard but I think mouse + joystick will be much better. And definitely Alpha. :)

Regards,
SB
I think I have a joystick somewhere, taking dust for centuries, but my problem is that my laptop couldn't run this game, and much less in the summer. I certainly don't want my laptop to reach 99ºC with a demanding game like this.

Even if I throttle down the CPU, which I usually do, the temperatures soar when the GPU is maxed out.

The gladius is avalible for sale this week

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14008-Aegis-Gladius-Declassified

THe ship is $80

Code:
LENGTH 20m 
BEAM 16m 
HEIGHT 4m 
NULL-CARGO MASS 9700 Kg 
CARGO CAPACITY 0 freight units 
MAX CREW 1 person 
MAX POWER PLANT 4 
FACTORY POWER PLANT Aegis K-5b Starwalk 
MAX ENGINE (PRIMARY THRUSTER) 2x TR2 
FACTORY ENGINE TBA 
MANEUVERING THRUSTERS 8xTR1 
FACTORY MANEUVERING THRUSTERS Hydra Propulsion M1-16 
MAX SHIELD 3 
SHIELD Ascension Astro Soloshield 
CLASS-1 2x S1 (wings) – 2x Behring – M3A Laser Cannon 
CLASS-2 1x S1 (nose) – 1x Gallenson Tactical Systems Scorpion GT-215 Gatling 
CLASS-3 2× 4x S1 (Pylon) – Thermyte Lightfire Apollo 1 Dumbfire

Gladius_Front.jpg

Looks to be a good intercepter and fits between the super hornet and the 300 series.

Considering how we can eventually purchase the ship in-game, I think $80 is a really steep price.

Then again, we must face these more as voluntary contributions to the final game rather than value purchases.

That's one of the cheaper ones around. I haven't bought one since I first did the kickstarter as a backer as personally I'd like to work at obtaining a better ship myself. The ship sales are also a main part of the funding though, so it's all going towards the game.

Um how much more monies do they need? Chris Roberts is probably bathing in Jacuzzis full of KFC gravy and mcdonald's french fries for some time now...

Considering the size and scope of the game they might need more. Remember the presistant universe will be free to play. So not only do we have to factor in the costs to develop the game but also to keep the servers up.

The gladius isn't the best ship but its in line with the hornet and avenger which are around that price )avenger is $60 and hornet is $110)

I'm done with the little ships.

I have an aurora , avenger , super hornet , freelancer and starfarer . I will most likely dump my aurora and avenger for the mining or repair ship when they are avalible .

The game won't be out for at least another year! :smile:

I mean in the sense that I don't want to buy others. I think the freelancer and super hornet will keep me happy with dog fighting. The starfarer will let me harvest fuel. I also want the mining and salvage ships.

Can't dog fight all day long (plus I suck at it )

Considering the size and scope of the game they might need more. Remember the presistant universe will be free to play. So not only do we have to factor in the costs to develop the game but also to keep the servers up.

The gladius isn't the best ship but its in line with the hornet and avenger which are around that price )avenger is $60 and hornet is $110)

I'm done with the little ships.

I have an aurora , avenger , super hornet , freelancer and starfarer . I will most likely dump my aurora and avenger for the mining or repair ship when they are avalible .

Hum.. with all the money you spent.. why not buy a constellation instead?

Well the connie is really nice but requires 4 people to properly fly. The freelancer 2 people and the starfarer 2 people. So I will be able to use them a lot more often . The starfarer is also the only one that can harvest fuel.

You can use npc's and I do have 3 character slots so I will have 2 free npc's to use all the time.

I figure the freelancer and hornet for dog fighting . The starfarer I will make my money on. The mining and salvage ships would also provide different game play.

Everything else I will just earn in the game

Last edited by a moderator:
ITs games con ! and we hit 50m and we have tons of videos including what multi crew ships will be like and a glimpse of the FPS. We also got a brand new easier to use store. So have fun !

We are over 51m

Yes the phoenix is nice. The Taurus is a steal though at $150. It has more cargo space than the variant freelancer max (1900vs 250 freight units) and it has more missiles , weapons and shields than the freelancer . While costing $10 more .

I wish they would give an actual release date or at least a release window that isn't just "it may come out in 2015".

It's good that they keep adding features the more money they get for the game, but it's about time they start putting deadlines.

Otherwise, this risks turning into development hell.

I wish they would give an actual release date or at least a release window that isn't just "it may come out in 2015".

It's good that they keep adding features the more money they get for the game, but it's about time they start putting deadlines.

Otherwise, this risks turning into development hell.

Chris Roberts has talked about feature creep several times in interviews and they've had a solid target feature set for release quite some time ago I believe. Small features with little development time or impact would probably make it in if so desired but things like procedural planets will be a thing of the distant future for Star Citizen.

Chris Roberts has talked about feature creep several times in interviews and they've had a solid target feature set for release quite some time ago I believe. Small features with little development time or impact would probably make it in if so desired but things like procedural planets will be a thing of the distant future for Star Citizen.

Ok, so they know what they want to have on release, but where is the release date?

It's been almost 2 years and they've gathered enormous amounts of cash. Why not show a bit of goodwill towards the (almost a million now?) people who invested in them?

Instead, they're just inventing new digital ships (or variations of existing digital ships) and selling them to get more money. They're happily taking more and more money from their customers and what have we had in return?
Trailers? A barely playable demo in Arena Commander?

With no release date announcement, I can't shake the feeling that this is becoming a bubble of investment and expectation with the chances of ever being accomplished decreasing day by day.

Lolwut

They've been super responsive and involved with the community, releasing demos and updates to demos, competitions, and much more. Not sure what you want from them.

Lolwut

They've been super responsive and involved with the community, releasing demos and updates to demos, competitions, and much more. Not sure what you want from them.

I'll just highlight the first sentence in both my previous posts, because maybe I wasn't clear enough:

Ok, so they know what they want to have on release, but where is the release date?

Back