Homefront: The Revolution [Crytek]

DieH@rd

Legend
History of the project:
- Production started in 2011 after THQ tasked Crytek to create sequel for their ambitious but badly developed Homefront game by Kaos Studios.
- Production task went to Crytek UK, ex Free Radical Design of Timesplitters fame
- THQ folded in 2013, Crytek bought IP for half $mil
- Steady stream of leaks and official announcements confirmed that Crytek never stopped working on it
- Rumored to be released in 2014/2015, PC & nextgen-only, strong rumors about unveil at this E3
- Leaked WIP screens from few days ago [official Crytek promos] and leaked boxart from today:

gircqq.png

busrnmodxrx34qznyjfcbvds3f.jpg

lqggif4l6-l5l4ibrjtvkjusfr.jpg

I'm hopeful that this will end up well...

- Leaked WIP screens from few days ago [official Crytek promos] and leaked boxart from today:
(...)

Erm, the newspiece with the leaks is over 8 months old. Certainly a bit more than a few days :)

Wasn't Crytek only going to release F2P titles from now on?

The fact that there is a box art to the game means it'll go retail, so it shouldn't be F2P.
Unless they're selling a retail box with a "starter pack", like items and upgrades..

Or maybe the publishers/developers have arrived at the brilliant conclusion that the F2P model isn't the astounding money-making machine that bean counters were made to believe.

Looks similar in concept to Half Life 2. Could certainly be good, gameplay fotage from E3 should be interesting.

Oh wow the graphics look so good, not sure about the art though, it's too generic in a glance. Also is it just me or I don't see a PC icon in the end, consoles only?

Heh, in addition to open world, game will also have coop of the main campaign. Now I am very interested to see the gameplay demo on E3. :)

Excellent graphics.

An interesting observation, the game looks very close to KillZone SF and Infamous SS, I guess graphics technologies are converging to the point of becoming identical across even different engines.

It's not helping that the main character from this game looks like the dad of the main soldier from KZ:SF. :)

Excellent graphics.

An interesting observation, the game looks very close to KillZone SF and Infamous SS, I guess graphics technologies are converging to the point of becoming identical across even different engines.

I didn't see any gameplay though?

Or maybe the publishers/developers have arrived at the brilliant conclusion that the F2P model isn't the astounding money-making machine that bean counters were made to believe.

Oh yes please.

If you ever play games on iOS, soon you get sick of the constant pop-ups that for upgrade this and that you can pay $$.

Not my style of game.

... which is still just a cinematic trailer. We'll see what the gameplay looks like. It sounds like it may be another online open world shooter, which has a lot of implications to its technical prowess and such. So let's wait and see.

Trailer which has no gameplay and looks a lot worse than apparent screenshots of the real game? A trailer would be pimped out to look much better than the actual gameplay.

Ugg. I am so tired of these drab humorless dystopian worlds. What happened to someone going on a fun adventure? It’s like game devs sit around brooding because people don’t take their stories seriously and think they can fix the problem by making their stories more ‘serious’.

My problem is the story, I find it easier to suspend my disbelief about an alien invasion than North Korea conquering Asia and half of the US.

My problem is the story, I find it easier to suspend my disbelief about an alien invasion than North Korea conquering Asia and half of the US.

It was only possible due to the technology they acquired at the Ling Shan island.

Trailer which has no gameplay and looks a lot worse than apparent screenshots of the real game? A trailer would be pimped out to look much better than the actual gameplay.

How does it look worse. Is it the lack of blurriness, contrast and grain of an off-screen cell phone picture?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back