McHuj

Veteran
Supporter
2NhiI9V.jpg

d7nuABO.png

8wdsZ

More at rumor thread on gaf:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=812089

I pretty much bought the PS4 based on this rumor last year so I hope this is legit.

This is great news for fans of Souls games. Now we wait to see if they will unveil it fully at E3 or later at TGS.

That fog door on the bottom is about a generation ahead of any Demon or Dark Souls Fog door i've ever seen. And there's actually mapping on the walls in that picture, not just a flat texture. Its a real game alright, we can probably also safely say for PS4.

What's this game about? Do you play a baddie or a beast? That would be very original. I would like to be a wolf.

Well, one of my E3 predictions went down with the CoD leak yesterday, and today another appears to have been confirmed!

Amazing if true, but the screenshots look nothing like Miyazaki

Hidetaka Miyazaki, game director of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. Apparently he and lot of core crew of those two games did not work on Dark Souls II. Now we know on what they spent their time on. :)

Not to be Debbie Downer, but those images look more like PS3 assets. Texturing looks very low, and lighting has last generation written all over it. Not saying it isn't for the PS4, just that it looks like previous generation efforts. :oops:

Dark Souls for me personally is not that impressive, especially its graphics. Hopefully, this game will have much better graphics.

Not to be Debbie Downer, but those images look more like PS3 assets. Texturing looks very low, and lighting has last generation written all over it. Not saying it isn't for the PS4, just that it looks like previous generation efforts. :oops:

How can you meaningfully discern anything from a couple of blurry, compressed 360p shots? We're gonna need at least a 1080p shot or better yet to see it in motion to say if it's a last gen effort or not.

How can you meaningfully discern anything from a couple of blurry, compressed 360p shots? We're gonna need at least a 1080p shot or better yet to see it in motion to say if it's a last gen effort or not.

Granted these are supposed leaks, but if you take a look at pics 5, 6 and 7 at the link below, you can tell regardless of compression, that the texturing and lighting seems flat and low. Hell, the grass is a dead give away. But don't take what I'm saying the wrong way ...it could be PS3 assets (engine-framework) being moved over to the PS4 environment, and the graphics will surely improve with greater assets. I wouldn't be surprised if the game looks totally different at E3.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/egjd45fifjd/project-beast-7/

The quality of the images is poor, look at the detail, tessellation etc.

From isn't really known to be a crazy technically competent studio to begin with....i would atleast wait until actual official material comes out to make judgements, but i would not expect miracles.

I expect it to look acceptable to average, even with just a boost to 1080p alone over the previous generation it should look nice. Luckily their art style will cover up a lot of things.

Something I have noticed the media (and even the OP) doing is failing to mention that this is a collaboration between FROM and Studio Japan(SCEJ), i think this oversight is the cause of people thinking this is the latest entry in the Souls series(not here but it's easily found elsewhere) and they think Sony moneyhatted it like MS did with Titanfall.

Back