Predictions for E3 2014

• Thread starter Deleted member 86764
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Annoyingly, I'm having to travel to Zurich for work Monday and Tuesday. I guess I'll pick it all up on Wednesday morning.

Pre-E3 news and leaks seemed to really slowdown not gain steam the last few days. Oh well.

It's almost upon us!

I think I'm a bit less excited maybe than some past years. But of course still excited.

I was probably the most excited ever for last year, because it was really the debut of next gen. Overall I think e3 2013 didn't live up to my hype. The crazy graphical leap I expected wasn't there.

Pre-E3 news and leaks seemed to really slowdown not gain steam the last few days. Oh well.
Isn't this a good thing? Who wants to watch an hour or two of press conference only to hear a bunch of stuff they heard the week before?

I want genuine news from Microsoft and Sony at their press news conferences. Because.. news!!! :)

Nintendo and Microsoft Drop a Major nuke!

Microsoft and Nintendo announce they have reached a 10 year deal where all Nintendo IPs that are designed game for a home console will be published on the Xbox brand home consoles.

Nintendo and Microsoft announce all Microsoft Game ips will have portable games published and released on Nintendo Handheld consoles!

Last edited by a moderator:
heh , that would most likely kill sony if such a thing was to happen.

anyway I really think we will see a 28nm soc xbox 360 without a disc drive that will drop at $150 maybe close to half the size of the current ones and much thinner to boot .

Microsoft and Nintendo announce they have reached a 10 year deal where all Nintendo IPs that are designed game for a home console will be published on the Xbox brand home consoles.

Nintendo and Microsoft announce all Microsoft Game ips will have portable games published and released on Nintendo Handheld consoles!

I would love for MS and Nintendo to gang up on Sony; I don't want any room for MS or Nintendo fans to say in 10-15 years time: "Sony would have been done if it's only competitors worked together :cry: "
I expect PS2-level domination when all is said and done, so that even if the competitors ganged up; it would have changed nothing. So have them gang up. I expect bald space marine loving gears fans to really, really want to play "super mario, yoshi, and sonic at the paralympics" (no, not really)

That aside: I expect E3 to have:
-a 349 Euro Kinect-less Xbox1 for the tier 2 countries
-GT7 tech demo
-Halo CGI trailer (presented as in game footage)
-Lengthy The Order 1886 onstage demo
-Lengthy Insomniac demo
-GTA5 for Xbox1 and PS4, no PC
-Zelda trailer for Nintendo
-Backward compatible WUU successor plans announced with tech demo
-Driveclub onstage demo
-Crash Bandicoot PS exclusive
-"exclusive" EA-Xbox partnership, no details.
-maybe a (probably FUD) tech talk with MS system architects, edited in 'apple'-way
-Gears of war CGI trailer
-FF XV trailer with 2015 release year attached
-some Morpheus demos

that's everything I can think of right now.

Oh wait; an Xbox1 rebrand/redesign, with undisclosed 'improvements', fully compatible with the old system but "optimised for hardcore gaming", or expect statements like:
"we carefully calibrated the upscaling algorithms for ultimate gaming performance, providing a next-generation vision, today, that only Xbox can provide". So no actual improvements at the hardware level, but more a focus on positioning xbox one as a gaming device.

I would love for MS and Nintendo to gang up on Sony; I don't want any room for MS or Nintendo fans to say in 10-15 years time: "Sony would have been done if it's only competitors worked together :cry: "
Huh? You harbour Sony hatred deep enough that you want to see the company killed off and all those people lose their jobs and one less competitor in the console space leaving only a monopolistic MS+N conglomerate? I feel sorry for the cat of yours that Sony killed and only hope you can rescue your family from their clutches before they've been brainwashed into assassinating numerous president/ministers and installing Sony as the corporate Ruler of the World.

Huh? You harbour Sony hatred deep enough that you want to see the company killed off and all those people lose their jobs and one less competitor in the console space leaving only a monopolistic MS+N conglomerate? I feel sorry for the cat of yours that Sony killed and only hope you can rescue your family from their clutches before they've been brainwashed into assassinating numerous president/ministers and installing Sony as the corporate Ruler of the World.

Oh so Sony is trying to use the old Microsoft tactic?...lol

I expect PS2-level domination when all is said and done, so that even if the competitors ganged up; it would have changed nothing. So have them gang up. I expect bald space marine loving gears fans to really, really want to play "super mario, yoshi, and sonic at the paralympics" (no, not really)

That aside: I expect E3 to have:
-a 349 Euro Kinect-less Xbox1 for the tier 2 countries
-GT7 tech demo
-Halo CGI trailer (presented as in game footage)
-Lengthy The Order 1886 onstage demo
-Lengthy Insomniac demo
-GTA5 for Xbox1 and PS4, no PC
-Zelda trailer for Nintendo
-Backward compatible WUU successor plans announced with tech demo
-Driveclub onstage demo
-Crash Bandicoot PS exclusive
-"exclusive" EA-Xbox partnership, no details.
-maybe a (probably FUD) tech talk with MS system architects, edited in 'apple'-way
-Gears of war CGI trailer
-FF XV trailer with 2015 release year attached
-some Morpheus demos

that's everything I can think of right now.

Oh wait; an Xbox1 rebrand/redesign, with undisclosed 'improvements', fully compatible with the old system but "optimised for hardcore gaming", or expect statements like:
"we carefully calibrated the upscaling algorithms for ultimate gaming performance, providing a next-generation vision, today, that only Xbox can provide". So no actual improvements at the hardware level, but more a focus on positioning xbox one as a gaming device.

I think it's to early to assume that Sony is going to walk away with this generation yet.We are not even a full year into this newer generation.On that note at the same time I believe that Microsoft has only a 2 year window to catch Sony before it could turn into the PS2 generation gap.

I think it's to early to assume that Sony is going to walk away with this generation yet.We are not even a full year into this newer generation.On that note at the same time I believe that Microsoft has only a 2 year window to catch Sony before it could turn into the PS2 generation gap.

Microsoft really need to hit this E3 hard if they're to convince me they'll be anything other than second fiddle to Sony this generation.

In terms of market share I doubt that Sony will get anywhere close to the PlayStation 2 slanted playing field but in terms of profits, perhaps. Even though PlayStation 3 solids as many (E3 will probably show they've now sold more) as Xbox 360, except for exclusives Xbox 360 versions consistently outsold PlayStation 3 version of games because, I think, of the simple reason they had the edge technically.

I think we're already seeing a swing to Sony for this new generation and I don't think there's a damn thing Microsoft can do about it. Even if they sell their console cheaper, core gamers with both consoles, will likely chose the PlayStation 4 version if that's technically better.

Microsoft really need to hit this E3 hard if they're to convince me they'll be anything other than second fiddle to Sony this generation.

They have a good opportunity. Based on announcements so far, Sony's exclusive lineup this year is looking threadbare. Of course that could change on Monday night. So many Sony studios without announced projects.

Isn't E3 fun! :mrgreen:

Even without more announced exclusives, it does look like Sony will go into fall with co-marketing deals for Destiny, Battlefield: Hardline, Assassin's Creed and possibly Shadow of Mordor. The advertizing battle alone this holiday could be epic.

EDIT: I also think it's funny the number of people out there acting like there will be nothing to play this fall on Next Gen when I could probably get my fill with just the games scheduled to release on October 7th right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back