Metro Redux [PS4, XO]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
This is quite bewildering that the console can pull off those numbers respectively. If this is a case of Tomb Raider DE then I would put them devs right among the top Sony 1st parties.
This is now a day one buy unless something goes wrong.

I think it's extremely likely that the graphical upgrades they're talking about will be over the PS360 versions rather than the PC versions at max.

Bare in mind that the Redux version is coming to PC as well so if the graphical improvements where over the PC originals then we'd have the bizarre situation of 2 versions of the same game being available on PC but with one having better graphics and running at twice the speed. That would certainly say something about the developers but an example of talent it would not be.

4A stated in a recent interview that Metro 2033 has received the most attention in the graphics department. They basically rebuilt it on the same engine as Last Light. So 2033 is more than likely going to look better than its original release on Pc and X360. Last Light is bound to have better assets on the new consoles than it did on Ps360. The textures will most likely match the High settings on the Pc version. There is no reason they would just take the assets from the ps360 version and run it at 60 fps.
The memory and tmus alone in the new consoles make high res textures pretty easy to accomplish.

From Gamersyde:

2033 Redux:
image_metro_redux-25056-2956_0002.jpg

Last Light Redux:
image_metro_redux-25057-2956_0001.jpg

Teaser trailer and a few more screens there:
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_metro_redux_coming_this_summer-15329_en.html

From what I remember of playing Last Light on the ps3, the game had more atmosphere than LOU. Gameplay was above average, but not super amazing. The game depends completely on atmosphere, and has tons of it , so works. With souped up visuals, it could be a killer. I really enjoyed the stealth parts of LL, though AI didn't notice if I burst a light bulb, which actually makes a LOT of noise :p !

From what I remember of playing Last Light on the ps3, the game had more atmosphere than LOU. Gameplay was above average, but not super amazing. The game depends completely on atmosphere, and has tons of it , so works. With souped up visuals, it could be a killer. I really enjoyed the stealth parts of LL, though AI didn't notice if I burst a light bulb, which actually makes a LOT of noise :p !

Weird on the PC (Metro 2033, I still haven't played Last Light) if you broke a light near an enemy they would notice and become more aware and look for you, although they still wouldn't know where you were (if you are still hidden from them).

It would be a shame if they removed that aspect for Last Light.

Regards,
SB

So the release date is August 26...

Dont like it. If it was coming out now lots of people would have got it in the current drought. That date is nearly to Destiny, most will just wait for Destiny.

This is definitively a title where release date was key imo, it fit perfectly in summer doldrums but will get buried by high profile fall releases.

So the release date is August 26...

Dont like it. If it was coming out now lots of people would have got it in the current drought. That date is nearly to Destiny, most will just wait for Destiny.

If you don't want to invest in a long-term MMO, or arrange your time to accommodate multiplayer, then Destiny isn't likely going to appeal. In which case Metro Redux has the field to itself until early October.

I'm definitely looking forward to this release, I missed both games on PS3 when they launched, but once they announced the Redux package checked out Last Light which was free with PS+ back in February and liked what I saw. But I want to play them in order 2033, then Last Light.

I for one have no interest whatsoever in something that to me feels more like a full time job than a game (Destiny). And I quite enjoyed the bit of Metro I played so if the price is right, of course I'll pick it up on PS4 instead of Destiny.

I for one have no interest whatsoever in something that to me feels more like a full time job than a game (Destiny). And I quite enjoyed the bit of Metro I played so if the price is right, of course I'll pick it up on PS4 instead of Destiny.
I feel the same way about MMOs, if they require time rather than skill to be good then I'm not interested. I don't have so much time.

I just need to see how they both turn out. I'd say i'm closer to getting Metro right now.

I feel the same way about MMOs, if they require time rather than skill to be good then I'm not interested. I don't have so much time. I just need to see how they both turn out. I'd say i'm closer to getting Metro right now.

MMOs certainly require skill to advance and get the good stuff, just persevering without knowledge, preparation and skill will just kill time with little reward. But it's a different type of skill, closer to RTS tactics than twitch shooters which is closer to what Destiny is.

Destiny may work great and Bungie may revolutionise the MMO genre, but nothing I saw in the alpha supports this. Although I enjoyed it and look forward to be beta next month, I am not on track to buy the full game. 15 years of MMORPGs, on and off, had sated me.

What ?!?!?!? Destiny alpha was work ?!?!?! Damn, its the most fun shooter since Resistance 3 ! Its the most fun I have had after Infamous , time just flew while playing the Alpha ! Whatchootalkinabout ???

I am so glad Destiny finally brought the fun of shooters back , too much of 'cinematic-press-buttons' shooters all around !

What ?!?!?!? Destiny alpha was work ?!?!?! Damn, its the most fun shooter since Resistance 3 ! Its the most fun I have had after Infamous , time just flew while playing the Alpha ! Whatchootalkinabout ??? I am so glad Destiny finally brought the fun of shooters back , too much of 'cinematic-press-buttons' shooters all around !
There was very little progression in the alpha, I'm talking about the journey from noob to end game content, boss encounters, epic lootz and so on. And yeah the shooting was solid but can you see yourself playing it for 10 years? :nope:

Im getting Redux day one. Love the Metro series. Destiny isnt my cup of tea. I love Bungie,but Im not into online multiplayer. Redux is the only game coming out until september or october that interests me,

There was very little progression in the alpha, I'm talking about the journey from noob to end game content, boss encounters, epic lootz and so on. And yeah the shooting was solid but can you see yourself playing it for 10 years? :nope:

I was replying to SHifty'sBitch (lol) calling Destiny work. It is not an MMO style grind, its a smooth shooter with some Magic thrown in, it is NOT work !

As for 10 years, well I have been playing BF for 10 years now, Halo for 10 years, MGS for 25 years,etc. I don't see why I can't be playing Destiny for 10 years. The deal with Activision isn't about one game, its about 3 IIRC. ANyways, if they keep adding planets, enemies, gear, levels, and Raids, it can go one forever. With each new installment they can add new gameplay.

The core shooting is fun, even in Single player, so if they build well around it , it sure can run for years. As for its success with ppl, only time can tell. IMO, the problem with Destiny is that people don't see that at its core its a fun shooter and not an MMO. Form what I played and enjoyed in ALpha, its a straight up fun shooter which gets ecstatic in co-op ! and then there will be the loot that we didn't even see in the Alpha. Did anyone find any Legendary in it ;) ?

I think the Beta will open up the experience and hopefully the confusion around "What is Destiny?" will subside.

I was replying to SHifty'sBitch (lol) calling Destiny work. It is not an MMO style grind, its a smooth shooter with some Magic thrown in, it is NOT work !/QUOTE]
So what's the point of having great equipment if you don't have to work for it? Please tell me they are not doing micro transactions!!! :runaway:

As for 10 years, well I have been playing BF for 10 years now, Halo for 10 years, MGS for 25 years,etc. I don't see why I can't be playing Destiny for 10 years.
You've been playing the same version of MGS for 25 years? Maybe a cheat guide would help you ;) But you know what I mean. Playing a bunch of entries is a franchise is one thing, playing the same game for that long is something else.

I think the Beta will open up the experience and hopefully the confusion around "What is Destiny?" will subside.
Yup, I have the same hopes for the beta.

You've been playing the same version of MGS for 25 years? Maybe a cheat guide would help you ;) But you know what I mean. Playing a bunch of entries is a franchise is one thing, playing the same game for that long is something else.

It all depends. I'm the type of player that if I like a game for it's gameplay I want more of the exact same gameplay just with more content. Probably why I love MMO's so much and keep playing them for years at a time. BTW - most of this post isn't direct at your. :) It just seemed a good jumping off point.

In an MMO, it's basically the exact same gameplay just with more content added over time. What some people think of as a "grind" many of use think of as "things to do" while getting to enjoy the gameplay that we want more of. Of course, there is a point where the can get to be too much, but that depends on the person. Some people don't feel doing X thing 100,000 times in a row is tedious while others probably balk at 10,000 things in a row, while still other's will balk at 5 things in a row (in which case MMOs and Destiny are unlikely to be your cup of tea. :))

In Eve Online, everyday I'd log in. Check my skill progressions, assign new skills to train if needed. Run some missions (that I've run many times in the past). Maybe do some mining. Maybe set some items to start building. Maybe do some trade runs. Same thing over and over for many years. Why? I loved the gameplay and the galaxy simulation with real economies, player interactions, and player advancement (loot and levels).

You could say the same thing for every MMO on the market to some degree or other. Just the level of "grind" (the negative word) or "things to do" (much better if you are into these games) varies from game to game. Games with too much (some of the Korean MMOs like Aion or Tera for example) and games with too little (Star Wars: TOR for example) won't last very long as players run out of things to do and move on to something else.

If all of that sounds "not fun" then it is highly unlikely Destiny will be a fit for the person who read all that and went, ugh! To keep people playing there is going to be some level of "grind"/"things to do." Too little and people will stop playing the game. Too much and people might stop playing the game, although less likely they'll stop than if there was too little "grind"/"things to do."

BTW - the same will likely apply to The Division as it's also going for an MMO-like or MMO-lite experience.

For me? If I like the gameplay, give me more. MORE. More of the exact same gameplay that I grew to love in the first place. If you change it, only change it a tiny bit or very superficially, otherwise I'm likely to stop playing it. Give me 10 years worth of it. Give me more than 10 years of it (Even Online has been going for 11 years now with expansions and updates, Everquest 1 for 15 years and still getting expansions and content updates, WoW for a respectable 10 years with expansions and updates)

Yes, sign me up for more of the same if I like it. :) That said, I have no idea if Destiny will have engaging enough gameplay for enough of an audience to keep people interested for 10 years like the games I mentioned above.

BTW - why is everyone talking about Destiny in the Metro thread? :?:

Regards,
SB

Back