Metro Redux [PS4, XO]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11852

Eurogamer are reporting that Metro 2033 and Last Light may be making a showing in a 'Redux' edition on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in July.

I played a little of the second game, which was free on PS+ last month, and it seemed pretty cool.

Eurogamer has updated their news article, Deep Silver has confirmed that the release info about Metro Redux will be unveiled before E3 [and that leaked cover images and logos are outdated].

Eurogamer are reporting that Metro 2033 and Last Light may be making a showing in a 'Redux' edition on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in July.

I played a little of the second game, which was free on PS+ last month, and it seemed pretty cool.

Pretty cool. Now wish Crytek would do the same with Crysis trilogy.

Interesting at a glance the ~7770 in Xbox one could struggle Metro: LL at highest setting 30 FPS 1080P. But we assume some optimizations and settings tweakings could get the job done. Or more troublingly, the 'ol drop to 900p.

1920_VH.png

Pretty cool. Now wish Crytek would do the same with Crysis trilogy.

Interesting at a glance the ~7770 in Xbox one could struggle Metro: LL at highest setting 30 FPS 1080P. But we assume some optimizations and settings tweakings could get the job done. Or more troublingly, the 'ol drop to 900p.

You showed the 1920x1200 tests!

How unfair for the XB1! ;)

also not to mention that very high isn't even necessary to get good results. I expect a combination of high/medium presets with high texture quality and 1080p 30

I would be very happy if PS4 got 1080p30 with great AA, ~high, maxed textures, maxed camera/object blur.

As for tessellation and PhysX effects... doubtful that consoles will get it.

Played the PS+ version for a bit. Didn't really get what all the fuzz is about to be honest. In terms of gameplay it was just as scripted and linear as your average CoD, except where these were at least reasonably breezy and spectacular to behold, Last Light came across very ponderous, pedestrian and decidedly low-budget by comparison.
B-b-b-but you have to play it in super special ranger mode in order to sample the game in all its glory I hear you say. Well in that case that particular mode shouldn't have been locked away behind a dlc paywall, so fuck that notion.

Metro 2033 is much different game than Last Light.

LL was aiming to provide HL2 experience [scripted adventure though post-apocalyptic land], which is not a bad thing, especially after learning about their development situation.

Metro 2033 is much different game than Last Light.

LL was aiming to provide HL2 experience [scripted adventure though post-apocalyptic land], which is not a bad thing, especially after learning about their development situation.

Well, even during the dev diaries of 2033, they clearly said they want to bring back the era of HL2 SP. How were the games different? I played about one or two missions of 2033 and more than half of LL, so don't really "know" them well. Last Light had a great atmosphere, thats for sure, but it became too much of a "shooter". Both the games lacked the final polish in gameplay, looked good but played clunky.

Running Metro on the Xbox one wouldnt be comparable to the 7770 benchmark from above.
First you have to account for the closed box advantage. Second the X1 gpu isnt comparable to a 7770 in the first place. Sure the tflop numbers are close but the X1 has 2 more compute units, twice the graphics and compute command processors and it is from a slightly more advanced arch (sea islands). I love Metro 2023 and Last Light and Im glad they are making both these titles available for the Ps4 and X1.
Hopefully along with high res textures and increased resolution will get a great form of AA(Msaa 2tx).
Im pretty sure they will stick with 30 fps. Even if they had to settle with 900p on the X1 version it could still be a beautiful set of games.

Not to mention an undoubtedly draw-call-limited PC DX11 API rendering path.

That applies to the CPU, not the GPU. Since this game is heavily GPU bound then draw calls shouldn't really play a factor in how close the console versions can get to the PC.

The 60fps rumor certainly suggests significant cut backs though. Although they probably translate into only minor visual differences just like medium -> ultra settings in most games.

The 60fps rumor certainly suggests significant cut backs though. Although they probably translate into only minor visual differences just like medium -> ultra settings in most games.
They will cut back on Tessellation,(there is A LOT of it in Metro), they will also decrease shadow resolution and AO to medium, and reduce the number of dynamic shadows "muzzle flashes and explosions shadows will be axed for sure). And of course no more high definition DOF, MB or AA, those will be replaced with simpler alternatives.

The 60fps rumor certainly suggests significant cut backs though

Maybe they just get there with console optimization? Factor of 2X? How much low hanging fruit is DX12 designed to address on PC, (Even if maybe much of it relates to weak CPU's) let alone console optimization?

Of course I'm sure it will not be EXACT to PC version, that's probably not technically possible. But the differences could be very minor.

This reminds, yet again, why it's good to have the powerful system. Just like 360 last gen, every dev wants to show PS4 version...

Really don't care about 60fps, means nothing to me if it's not 1080p or severely cut down visuals. Don't think a slow paced Metro game requires 60fps anyway.

Back