Warframe [PS4, XO]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that the same as doing survival missions? Survival missions will also give you rewards every 5 minutes. Although they do get increasingly more difficult.

With the survival missions you always have to keep the life support running which means you are limited by how easy they are to get to. This way you only have to concentrate on killing things, you can take your time. I got 40+ Oxium this way last night and 8 or more fusion cores.

And another "gift of the Lotus" alert mission. An Orokin Reactor this time. Perfect for my Zephyr.

I'm really liking Nekros. He's a bit flimsy, but his abilities are fun. Shadows of the Dead brings back the last enemies I've killed, so I can pick and choose which I want. Bring on those Heavy Gunner's. :cool: It doesn't seem to bring back leaders with their abilities, which is a shame.

Desecrate is nice to, good for extra health orbs and resources. I've already gotten a mod from it as well.

I've been spamming the Lares(Mercury) along with a lot of others! Got Mag from L12 to L30 and also the Soma and Karak to L30 in one day. I like the Soma, it feels far more accurate than the Karak and you can pull a single shot unlike the Karak.

What I did notice though is that if you put the same mods on the Soma as on the Karak to accuracy falls off a cliff. It's the Blast Damage that does it. On the Karak it makes no difference. Weird? I'm going to try Radiation or Magnetic instead. Keep it ready for the Stalker!

Not sure whether I like the Cernos or not. Single shot kills but it feels almost overpowered. Especially when rocking the Sniper Ammo Mutation as you never run out of ammo that way.

Defense missions do seem like a great way to level up. I did a few today get the Continuity mod. It actually dropped after a few tries.

For "crappy weapons" I'm really liking my current loadout. The Grakata is a nice change of pace from the Soma. It's an SMG that sprays bullets very fast and ... well, everywhere. It's very effective at close range. The Lex makes makes for a good companion to it. It's very accurate and does a lot of damage. Like a mini sniper. Nekros wouldn't be complete without a scythe, so I made him the Ether Reaper. It's pretty awesome. It's the fasted hitting heavy weapon, especially now that I've put a Fury mod on it. It staggers enemies on every hit, and because it's so fast I can actually be relatively safe while completely surrounded by Infested.

Stalker invaded again. He killed his target pretty fast. And then he sat down to exit, he shouldn't have done that. Still no weapon blueprint though.

No luck trying to get the G3 to invade either.

Nekros summoned a leader Shadow of the Dead twice in a row, and I'm pretty sure I didn't kill one. Maybe it's because I boosted his power strength, or maybe it's random.

Yeah I like the Grakata too. It's the perfect compliment for the Twin Vipers. Not that heavy in the damage stakes (unless its point blank) but they make up for it with the number of rounds they get through! Perfect weapons for Blast Damage as their accuracy is shot already.

I've quite taken to the Soma. Not as deadly as the Karak but it has much less kick, can do single shots with fair accuracy, and the larger clip size is a bonus. I'm on my third round of bringing it up to L30. It has two Forma on it now and I may go for a third.

I've decided to stop collecting weapons and warframes now and concentrate on making what I have as deadly as possible. It's going to take lots of Forma and an awful lot of grinding :LOL:

I like the look of Nekros - I've been in a few missions with them but the summoning of the dead can get a bit confusing, especially during defence missions where it's pretty chaotic already and suddenly you've got twice the number of baddies on screen!!

The Karak is more deadly than the Soma? I haven't put Catalyst on my Karak, but I'm pretty sure that shouldn't be. Did you equip a crit chance and a crit damage mod on the Soma?

Nekros is one of the weaker Warframe's I think, but his abilities are really cool. I'm going to Forma him tonight, and put a second Forma on the Soma as well. With the affinity booster leveling them up should go fast.

I was farming the G3 again and as usual no luck getting them to show. But I got Stalker instead, and he killed me, and then he sat down, and then he died. :rolleyes: He finally dropped a blueprint. I got his bow, Dread.

Is it normal that if you run out of shields during the space walk when jumping between the Corpus and Grineer ships, that you lose them entirely? With only a health bar Nekros dies really quickly.

The Karak is more deadly than the Soma? I haven't put Catalyst on my Karak, but I'm pretty sure that shouldn't be. Did you equip a crit chance and a crit damage mod on the Soma?

Nekros is one of the weaker Warframe's I think, but his abilities are really cool. I'm going to Forma him tonight, and put a second Forma on the Soma as well. With the affinity booster leveling them up should go fast.

I was farming the G3 again and as usual no luck getting them to show. But I got Stalker instead, and he killed me, and then he sat down, and then he died. :rolleyes: He finally dropped a blueprint. I got his bow, Dread.

Is it normal that if you run out of shields during the space walk when jumping between the Corpus and Grineer ships, that you lose them entirely? With only a health bar Nekros dies really quickly.

The base damage on the Karak is higher than the Soma per round but much less per magazine. I'm using (at max strength):

Point Strike
Wildfire
Hellfire
Stormbringer
Hammer Shot
Rifle Ammo Mutation
Vital Sense
Infected Clip
Sawtooth Clip

and then Serration @ L7

More or less the same load out for both the Karak and the Soma with the Karak using Rupture rather than Sawtooth.

There is a handy Android App that you can see what the total damage of a weapon is with different modifiers and what damage they have versus different enemies including the specials like The Stalker.

I lost my shields many times making that space jump. I now use a maxed out Fortitude mod which gives an 80% shield recharge. Seems to bring it back now.

I was expecting the Soma to more the make up for lower base damage with it's higher crit damage. I rarely see the Karak being used at higher levels, while Soma is very common.

I don't have anything with Android, so I can't use the app.

I have the following on my Soma.

Point Strike
Vital Sense
Serration
Heavy Caliber at L4
Wild Fire
Speed Trigger
Rifle Ammo Mutation

Edit: Actually it was Split Chamber instead of Speed Trigger.

2 Orokin Catalysts and an Orokin Reactor in 1 day. It's like DE is trying to make up for something.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the app my Soma load-out gives me this:

(General)

Impact 19.7 -- 214.1
Puncture 78.6 -- 856.3
Slash 98.3 -- 1391.5
Gas 0 -- 5137.9

Total Dmg (per second) - 196.6 -- 7599.8 or 696.7 Dmg per round.

The first set of numbers are the original values.

... I have no idea what it all means though!! I guess higher is better :/

As for the app, you don't need a phone or a tablet just a PC and the Android SDK. I use it all the time to test out apps, but you could run one just the same.

I'd completely forgotten that the Affinity thingy existed. I've just got a 3 day one and have got my Ignis back up to L30 and Nyx, and the Karak. Working on the Dera now!

I wonder how it factors in things like crit chance and multi shot. Warframe doesn't have the most intuitive damage system with the 3 main damage types, and 4 elements and their combinations.

I keep being put in teams with useless teammates. 3 times I was invaded yesterday, and all 3 times I was left to fend for myself. Once against the G3 and twice against Stalker. The G3 were a little too much to handle for Nekros, even with my Soma. I say they were cheating though, hiding behind damage numbers like cowards. Doing 600 damage per shot wasn't enough to kill them. By comparison, Stalker lasted about 2 seconds both times. Guess now I have a good reason to give an Orokin Reactor to Nekros.

I've fiddled around with different load outs for the Soma and it does seem that the app applies the %'s due to criticals. There are four different outputs for the damage ratings: Damage Per Shot, Damage Per Clip, Raw Damage Per Second, and True Damage Per Second.

The last two seem to be affected by Critical Mods.

I am getting a little tired of not being able to get to the final planets to open them all up. There never seems to be anyone playing them when I'm online. And the game makes no compromises to the fact you are on your own.

I see that the Corpus now have a unit that can drain your energy instantaneously. Like the Ancient Leeches. The difference being that they don't even have to be in contact with, it seems they just have to be in the same room. Which is grossly unfair as it basically makes any warframe a bit useless and takes away any feeling of agency you have in the game. Also the Ancient jobbies have a new member on the Team that produces a huge fireblast and is a complete bullet sponge.

I've also been in quite a few matches where the host has quit when things got hard or when they realised that everyone else is killing more than they are.

According some youtubers the best mods on the Soma for the Void are:

Stormbringer and Infected Clip, for corrosive damage.
Cryo Rounds
Serration
Heavy Caliber
Point Strike
Vital Sense
Split Chamber

It's what I'm using with exception of Yolt instead of Stormbringer. It works very well.

I can help with those last few planets. I've been doing Defense and Survival missions there anyway.

I've put that affinity booster to good use. I've Forma'd and brought back to level 30, Nekros and Zephyr, Soma and Akstiletto both twice, and Galatine and Ether Reaper. And Ember Prime and Volt are level 30 now as well, plus a bunch of their weapons. Zephyr was the fastest to level up. She feels indestructible. I get into much higher level missions and she does fine. It wasn't until I did something really stupid like running into a group high enemies constantly trying to charge Galatine that she died. She currently has 1140 shields and 1140 health. All her power benefit for power duration. Now I can fly further and higher, have Turbulence deflect bullets longer, and Tornado stays for an entire wave of Defense.

Finally got the Stalker to drop something useful and that was it's throwing knives (Despair?). Took three go's though and all of them during XP grinds on Lares. It wiped out the group I was with before I realised it had appeared. Felt really guilty then as they were all newbies.

Everything I own is now back up to L30. Got hold of an Autoparry Mod (you slap bullets out of the air or deflect laser like a jedi!) and coupled that with a Reflection mod (94% of damage is reflected back when you are blocking) and a Retribution mod that electrocutes melee attackers. Added all that to Excalibur long with a Heavy Impact mod - makes coming down from Super Jump knock all enemies on screen off their feet - and Fortitude, it actually makes him feel a little like a proper ninja. Automatically sending enemy fire back at them and then going invisible (courtesy of Ghost) only to reappear behind them swing his Jaw sword!

I think Mag is now my favourite, the Crush ability when fully levelled coupled with a maxed out Intensify and Constitution and Streamline is pretty devastating up to (I need to work out what level this equates to) Wave 30 in a defence. Beyond that it doesn't kill but does lots of the damage!

Still working on Redirection and Vitality. Neither of those are maxed out yet.

If you want me to work out any damage ratings for you just give me the list of mods per weapon and I'll feed it through the app. In fact I might be a little cheeky and reproduce it as a web app. Might make it a little easier...

Stalker has been a regular visitor lately. I got another Dread blueprint from him. I was hoping to also get the Despair. I like the Kunai, and Despair is basically a better version of that. I just had Harvester show up as well. He dropped to final part I needed to make Detron.

I have been trying to get all the part for Rhino Prime and Boltor Prime, but I haven't managed to acquire all of them yet. While doing that I did get everything I need for Bronco Prime and Sicarus Prime. I'm also making Trinity and Banshee in the Foundry right now.

That Retribution mod sounds interesting. I don't have one of those yet. Might be good against Infested.

I usually check Youtube for the best mods to put on weapons I like. For most weapons it comes down to the same thing. Base damage mods and elemental combos for every faction, multi shot and fire rate increase.

There was another Nightmare alert mission yesterday. Reward, a Blaze mod that has a 1% drop chance on regular Nightmare missions. Everything started pretty badly to begin with. It was a no shields alert mission, we had to defend 4 terminals, and one of the Invaders showed up early on and killed one of our team, leaving just the 3 of us. It was one of the hardest fought missions I've done in Warframe. We had revive each other constantly, with often the person reviving needing a revive immediately after, I went through all 4 of my daily revives. We almost lost the terminal a few times, and simply hacking a door became very difficult. But we made it, all 3 got to the extraction point. Seeing the chat afterward was pretty funny. everyone was cursing the alert mission and calling the mod terrible. It's actually very good. Blaze gives 60% extra base damage and 60% extra fire damage for shotguns.

Update 13 should be here soon. And there are quite interesting additions that come with it.

Melee 2.0. All melee weapons will get new moves, but you'll need to find the mods to use them.

Orokin Lab. This used to make Solar rails to the new Dark Sectors.You can charge players for using your Solar rails, and you'll get extra XP on that planet. I'm not sure if it's worth it for us since bigger clans will likely beat us to it. But we might need an Orokin Lab if anything gets added to it.

Clan Alliance. This might be another way to get the benefits from Solar rails, join into an alliance with bigger clans.

Hydroid. A new water based Warframe with a stupid name. His parts drop from the new Vay Hek boss.

The new Vay Hek. You'll need to fight his Prosecutors first on Ceres. They'll drop the items you need to find Vay Hek.

Argon Crystals. A new resource found only in the Void. You'll need it to build Hydroid and some of the new weapons. Argon Crystals have a half-life, meaning that everyday at 00.00 GMT the number of Argon Crystals you have will be reduced by half. You won't need much to make things, but it's a pretty rare resource. Instead of letting them go to waste, I think it's better if we help each other by giving each other Argon Crystals we can't spend our selves. I think we'll be able the things that need it faster that way.

This game is weird. I keep getting the same rewards from Void missions, and never the one parts I still need to make a few things. I've got those 4 Dread's from Stalker. And now within a few days time I've picked up all the parts I need to make another Detron. I'd only my first Detron last week, and that was after a few hundred hours gameplay. And just like the Dread it's not trade-able.

I've once again put that affinity booster to good use. Got another 12 weapons to level 30, and Forma'd my 3 main Warframes so I now have to space to max out their mods. I have Redirectipn at L10 now, giving Nekros that added coolness of having 666 shields. Also made his energy color dark red so it looks like he's summoning Dark Souls black phantom's.

I made the Excalibur Warframe, and just to blend in with the newbies, close to starting gear. A Braton, Dual Skana, and Akbronco. Although that last one obviously isn't starting gear. Doing that has once again highlighted the massive power difference between players. Not just because of better weapons and Warframes, but because newbies rarely make use of their abilities. Even when they are as fun and easy to use as Excalibur's. I guess if give them a gun, that's what they'll use because that's what they know.

Warframe [Xbox One]

Downloading now. Any pointers from the warframe veterans?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any weapon or warframe can be made in this game without purchasing it with Platinum, the in-game currency. You can find blueprints and parts and resources simply by playing. You may still need to buy the blueprint from the Market with credits. If you have everything then you build your weapon or warframe in the Foundry. It can take up to 1 day to build for a weapon, and 3,5 days for a warframe.

The best use of the 50 Platinum you start with is to buy additional weapon or Warframe slots if you need them.

Instead of skill trees Warframe has a mod system. For every level your weapon or warframe gains you get 1 point that can be used place mods on your weapons and warframes. All mods have a polarity that can be seen in the top right corner. The mod slots on your weapons and warframe can also have a polarity. Placing a mod in a slot of the same polarity with reduce the points it takes to place that mod by 50%, rounded up. If they have a different polarity it will increase the points need. Mods can also be ranked up by mod Fusion. On the left side of a mod can black bars, either 3 or 5 or 10. Every rank you increase will raise the cost place that mod by 1, but will also increase the bonus it provides. The best way to fuse mods is to either use fusion cores on the mod you want to rank up, or fuse it with a mod you don't need of the same polarity.

Right now there is a Gift of the Lotus alert mission going on. The reward is an Orokin Catalyst. putting it on a weapon will give you 2 points per level instead of one. You should definitely grab those if you can. This alert will only available for 24 hours.

Normal alerts are shorter, only 1 or 2 hours. But the rewards are often very good. Can reward with weapon or warframe blueprints only available through them. Aura mods can be the reward. These mods provide a bonus to your whole like increased weapon damage or energy regen, and will give the warframe you equip them on additional points.

The Warframe Wiki is also good source of information on Warframe. And I can more questions if have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back