Warframe [PS4, XO]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind, I got the hang of the special power now, and i must say, although it looks bad, atleast the initial levels on Mercury do, but it plays so good ! Its like Vanquish with co-op, but sans the 60 fps, but still awesome fun in co op ! THe game fools you into thinking it is another slow moving TPS, but instead its sprint-slide-jump-attack super cool game !
I think this might be my first F2P love affair ! :cool:

We need a Warframe thread, this game kicks some real ass ! Thanx to it not being competitive but co-operative, one doesn't feel the pangs of pay to win. No real lag issues either.

Loving it ! Might end up spending money in it. I want that Sentinel over my head ! :D

We need a Warframe thread, this game kicks some real ass ! Thanx to it not being competitive but co-operative, one doesn't feel the pangs of pay to win. No real lag issues either.

Loving it ! Might end up spending money in it. I want that Sentinel over my head ! :D

I've just started playing and I went in expecting very little. And now I'm hooked. The whole concept of fusing and transmuting mods etc just makes it that much more compelling. And addictive... I'm happy to grind though, I'd rather bleed once rather than from a thousand cuts!

Sent from my Xperia Z using Forum Runner

I've just started playing and I went in expecting very little. And now I'm hooked. The whole concept of fusing and transmuting mods etc just makes it that much more compelling. And addictive... I'm happy to grind though, I'd rather bleed once rather than from a thousand cuts!

Yeah ! I thought my Warframe was underpowered, but then I found out about fusing mods and upgrading them and now I am just a slice n dice machine :D ! The latest update added trophies too and got two today. The game is pure awesomesauce ! It just doesn't feel like grinding as I am just having super fun all the time. The smoothness of movement, the way I can just glide over all the enemies and land on the other side, pull them together in a pile and do a katana dance over them :p !!!!!! I am using a Mag !

What does Transmuting do ? I have no idea yet.

Yeah ! I thought my Warframe was underpowered, but then I found out about fusing mods and upgrading them and now I am just a slice n dice machine :D ! The latest update added trophies too and got two today. The game is pure awesomesauce ! It just doesn't feel like grinding as I am just having super fun all the time. The smoothness of movement, the way I can just glide over all the enemies and land on the other side, pull them together in a pile and do a katana dance over them :p !!!!!! I am using a Mag !

What does Transmuting do ? I have no idea yet.

Transmuting takes 4 ordinary mods and randomly turns them into one more powerful one. I've just finished using the forge to create my first weapon. The Cronus sword, v cool. Spent lastnight spamming R1 as well to level it up!

I have got the Cronos too and some mods to make Melee damage to 60% higher or something. Waiting to add fire to my pistol shots. Game is rad !

So, while transmuting, we won't know what we might end up with, but it is guaranteed to be powerful? Cos whilie using Fusion, you know what you will get and how many points it will cost to equip it. I have got quite a lot of mods levelled up, like critical hit chance, my shields, health ad my "Pull" power too.
which Warframe are u using?

I have got the Cronos too and some mods to make Melee damage to 60% higher or something. Waiting to add fire to my pistol shots. Game is rad !

So, while transmuting, we won't know what we might end up with, but it is guaranteed to be powerful? Cos whilie using Fusion, you know what you will get and how many points it will cost to equip it. I have got quite a lot of mods levelled up, like critical hit chance, my shields, health ad my "Pull" power too.
which Warframe are u using?

I've stuck with the default. Just jazzed it up a bit. I've got both my health and shields on +180% mods, Cronus is on a 80% critical + 160% damage. I'm using radial javelin slash dash. I've got fire damage on the pistol and ice damage on my rifle. Plus a couple of extra point damage mods and stuff. Been grinding the voy assassination mission. Must have killed him a dozen times now lol.

I've stuck with the default. Just jazzed it up a bit. I've got both my health and shields on +180% mods, Cronus is on a 80% critical + 160% damage. I'm using radial javelin slash dash. I've got fire damage on the pistol and ice damage on my rifle. Plus a couple of extra point damage mods and stuff. Been grinding the voy assassination mission. Must have killed him a dozen times now lol.

You are much more levelled up than me :LOL: ! And I have been playing for days :p ! You are fast, young man :D!

You are much more levelled up than me :LOL: ! And I have been playing for days :p ! You are fast, young man :D!

Do not underestimate the power of the dark side! Lol.

We should try and meet up sometime. I started a mission lastnight, cynethea I think, it's outside and all snowy. The guy I was with quit right at the start and left me on my own trying to retrieve 3 data modules from the corpus (they are tough!). Took me nearly an hour running from from huge waves of enemies, down to just my pistol! Did it though, still got exactly the same rewards even though I solo'd a multiplayer mission. Lol!

Do not underestimate the power of the dark side! Lol.

We should try and meet up sometime. I started a mission lastnight, cynethea I think, it's outside and all snowy. The guy I was with quit right at the start and left me on my own trying to retrieve 3 data modules from the corpus (they are tough!). Took me nearly an hour running from from huge waves of enemies, down to just my pistol! Did it though, still got exactly the same rewards even though I solo'd a multiplayer mission. Lol!

Ya, lets plan some co op time someday. I am still at Venus, though I have seen that snow map, someone invited me to his game and I think we played that particular mission itself as I was the one carrying the "thing" and they were the ones wipinf=g off the enemies.

The game is behaving much better online after the latest update for me. BTW, how do I join someone's game? I only see an option to invite ppl , but never see an option to join someone.

Ya, lets plan some co op time someday. I am still at Venus, though I have seen that snow map, someone invited me to his game and I think we played that particular mission itself as I was the one carrying the "thing" and they were the ones wipinf=g off the enemies.

The game is behaving much better online after the latest update for me. BTW, how do I join someone's game? I only see an option to invite ppl , but never see an option to join someone.

I don't know about that. All I've been doing is picking a location, joining games and being assigned random buddies. Sometimes we've stuck together doing the same missions, sometimes not. It's a lottery!

Just realised that by being abandoned in that mission has an up side. I got the angel of death trophy!

Just realised that by being abandoned in that mission has an up side. I got the angel of death trophy!

I play a lot of missions solo and they are perfectly doable. You just have to make sure u are geared up well. I have been doing the Venus missions alone cos before the latest update I was landing in random games I did not want to play. I got the Angel of Ddeath trophy in a Rescue mission on Venus I was doing solo.

I play a lot of missions solo and they are perfectly doable. You just have to make sure u are geared up well. I have been doing the Venus missions alone cos before the latest update I was landing in random games I did not want to play. I got the Angel of Ddeath trophy in a Rescue mission on Venus I was doing solo.

Just did a whole whammy of infestation missions (corpus), they are higher level than I am but the amount of goodies you get to pick up is stupendous. Off the back of the first one I got myself a sentinel which is now very juiced up! I've got a lot of mods for other warframes now but I'm not sure whether to hang to them in case I move on from the Excalibur or just see how the trading section works. I'm not sure how the Dojo system works yet.

I've only just realised that if you match the slot symbols to the correct mod then it halves the point cost. Doh!

Just did a whole whammy of infestation missions (corpus), they are higher level than I am but the amount of goodies you get to pick up is stupendous. Off the back of the first one I got myself a sentinel which is now very juiced up! I've got a lot of mods for other warframes now but I'm not sure whether to hang to them in case I move on from the Excalibur or just see how the trading section works. I'm not sure how the Dojo system works yet.

I've only just realised that if you match the slot symbols to the correct mod then it halves the point cost. Doh!

Were the infestation mission special for yesterday, cos i can't find them today :( I was about to enter one yesterday but got invited and went on to play the other game where we killed Cap'n Vor again and got the blueprint for his pistol. Now I need Orokin cells, which seem to be available only on Earth so I will have to finish up Venus quickly to access Earth.

You are CuttlefishJones right? Always in Warframe :D !

and yes, match the symbols and u get a huge advantage of points.

BTW< are levels and ranks different? Cos the missions on Venus say Level 3-5, while I checked my Warframe is Rank 15 or 13 but my own "bar" at the top of the screen says :1: and a half progress bar filled up.

ALso, do u think the Colour correction post effect has become more aggressive after the latest patch? Like the contrast has been upped and saturation ofthe post processing too? or is it just me imagining things :p

Going to give Warframe a try tonight. Is it a bit like Borderlands?

It's like borderlands in that you run around raiding containers for stuff but it's a lot more involved. Combining mods, powering up weapons, forging new ones but the whole combat is a lot more visceral.

The free to play element is very apparent, in order to get to the much higher missions it's going to take a lot, a very lot, of grinding the lower mission for stuff.

But I've been playing for just under a week using the Excalibur warframe and I've finally figured out how the power up system works etc. I've got myself to the point where I can hold my own in fight, I have a sentinel now, and I've got the the Rhino warframe blue print and the Karack rifle blue print. Now I just have to work my way through the right planets to get to the ingredients for the forge so I can make those blue prints a reality.

I haven't got into any Clan or faction stuff or any of the trading dojos and stuff. There's a lot to do!

Were the infestation mission special for yesterday, cos i can't find them today :( I was about to enter one yesterday but got invited and went on to play the other game where we killed Cap'n Vor again and got the blueprint for his pistol. Now I need Orokin cells, which seem to be available only on Earth so I will have to finish up Venus quickly to access Earth.

You are CuttlefishJones right? Always in Warframe :D !

and yes, match the symbols and u get a huge advantage of points.

BTW< are levels and ranks different? Cos the missions on Venus say Level 3-5, while I checked my Warframe is Rank 15 or 13 but my own "bar" at the top of the screen says :1: and a half progress bar filled up.

ALso, do u think the Colour correction post effect has become more aggressive after the latest patch? Like the contrast has been upped and saturation ofthe post processing too? or is it just me imagining things :p

Yeah I didn't realise the infestation missions are a community event. No wonder they were heavy on the goodies. They are random though so they might turn up again,

I'm about half way through Earth now. Need to get Salvage for my Karack blue print!

I'm not sure about the ranking and leveling yet. I think the levels of the missions correspond to the level of your Warframe. The Ranking is something separate that can increase your affinity slots. I think. You get 1 shot every 24hrs for a ranking session. I've failed to get past initiate every time so far :lo:

And yes, I am CuttlefishJones!

I was thinking the whole thing seemed a lot darker since the patch but it might just be me!

I've chosen the Loki warframe. I'm not sure if that's good? In fact don't really know if anything I'm doing is good since the game doesn't seem to explain a whole lot. But killing the baddies is easy enough.

It is a ugly game though, and presentation feels low budget. But the basic mechanics are solid enough. So I'll keep playing to see what else the game has to offer.

Yeah I didn't realise the infestation missions are a community event. No wonder they were heavy on the goodies. They are random though so they might turn up again,

I'm about half way through Earth now. Need to get Salvage for my Karack blue print!

I'm not sure about the ranking and leveling yet. I think the levels of the missions correspond to the level of your Warframe. The Ranking is something separate that can increase your affinity slots. I think. You get 1 shot every 24hrs for a ranking session. I've failed to get past initiate every time so far :lo:

And yes, I am CuttlefishJones!

I was thinking the whole thing seemed a lot darker since the patch but it might just be me!

Yes, yes, all level are much darker now. Thats the impression, so I wasn't wrong.
I have no idea about ranking session or anything yet. But the levels mentioned on the missions cannot be Warframe levels, IMO.

We'll see. By the way, I don't think I can join ur game, cos Warframe manages its own friend list and shows ppl only from ur region of play. I couldn't find any way of joining someone from the XMB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back