All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS4 sold 21k units in Portugal in 2013

Main points:
- Sold entire stock allocated to the country
- Sony are "working hard to replenish stock in January"
- The wording and the number of units imply Portugal barely made it as a launch country:

For reference:
20k in 3 months for PS3.
5k in 3 months for PS2.
Close to nothing for PS1

No idea about PSP and Vita.

So yeah, this is pretty big.

The press release also says PS Vita was the best selling handheld console during the holiday season.

Credit: GAF

21k? No wonder it's sold out everywhere..
At 400€, we probably had a market for over 100k through the holidays, easily.

Turns out the X360 sold really well during last gen in Portugal.
I don't think the xbone will even scrape its success. Our TV+Internet+smartphone packages with STBs render the xbone's services and gimmicks pretty much useless.

A little surprised XOne won the NPD. Doubt it'll be by much though.

The rest of the numbers should be trickling in over the hours.

So, ~1.8m in NPD, and 3m WW. Not a horrible ratio for X1 I guess. 364k UK, was 64k (~launch) AU, so lets say ~100k there, Canada 100-200k?

That leaves maybe 500k-600k everywhere outside of Canada, AU, UK, and USA? Seems a little high but plausible. I'm guessing my Canada number could be a bit low too.

Jan will be more interesting if the PS4 can finally saturates retail. Right now we are measuring XB1 total sales versus PS4 stock shipped to NA.

Jan will be more interesting if the PS4 can finally saturates retail. Right now we are measuring XB1 total sales versus PS4 stock shipped to NA.
Yup, and the PS4 is still probably close despite being supply constrained and retains the cumulative sales lead. Sony still can't keep up with demand to this date, so it will still be supply constrained for probably most (if not all) of January. I think they will still sell more, though, although it could very well be another close month if Sony can't ship that many.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I guess nobody has posted it, software

138991395288zqojr.jpg

Same old franchises.

Just Dance we never talk about but it's STILL kinda a beast and has racked in oodles of money in it's life.

But the most interesting thing was XBO>PS4 on most multiplats in Dec.

The market was up 2% in Dec but down 2% for the year.

But I think not enough people discussing this on forums, blaming it on no more Wii or music peripheral games, are accounting for the growth of digital. I'd imagine digital growth could turn that into a +5-10% easily.

I pegged PS4 at 700k and XB1 at 600k units. But, I would have never expected or thought MS would only supply the rest of the 13-14 territories with 100k units divided between them. Interesting strategy... It seems MS doesn't quite see those territories as being strong enough for long term sales...

Perhaps that is the reason or maybe the other services which XB1 is based around are not quite there yet for those markets. MS may be waiting on services to mature to go after those markets and or feel that a foothold in NA is a bigger priority.

Honestly I am not surprised MS won in December, I said they would throw all their supply at North America bc it is the market they have to win and these early adopters do influence the buying decisions of friends and family. To put it another way its entirely possible that every early adopter that migrates to PS4 might cost MS 3 or 4 hardware sales over the lifetime of the platform due to the online player multiplier effect.

Regardless North America is the market MS has to gain traction in now, they can't afford to wait. Sony would like to win in NA but they are probably feeling rather confident based off their successful launch world wide, the outlook for the platform and overall demand and for now both companies will focus on securing their footholds.

I pegged PS4 at 700k and XB1 at 600k units. But, I would have never expected or thought MS would only supply the rest of the 13-14 territories with 100k units divided between them. Interesting strategy... It seems MS doesn't quite see those territories as being strong enough for long term sales...

You've been saying for weeks that you have high level insider knowledge of the PS4 outselling the Bone in the US, you've interpreted memos about confidentially as proof of this, and you've even quoted yourself (lol) talking about sales as some kind of reinforcement of your insiderness and pre-emptive bragging.

Then when you're completely off you don't acknowledge this, you spin it into some kind of crazy figure for the rest of the territories and mix it with a zealot bash.

Nice take.

Hopefully, the sales data being reported by Sony/MS/Nintendo to NPD group is based on customer sales, and nothing more. But I know better... ;) :LOL:

You don't know better. You don't even know how NPD get their figures.

Backpedal in 5, 4, 3, 2 ....

Nice take.

Hopefully, the sales data being reported by Sony/MS/Nintendo to NPD group is based on customer sales, and nothing more. But I know better... ;) :LOL:

Oh give me a break :rolleyes:

NPD gets the data direct from retailers and now that they cover Wal Mart directly there's really little doubt they're near 100% accurate.

I'd advise everybody else to disregard this guy, he's been trending to kookyland :LOL:

Also some data from greenberg

Aaron Greenberg ‏@aarongreenberg 1m
Some good #NPD SW facts: #XboxOne YTD 2013: 4.8M retail games vs. 4.2M for PS4. COD & BF4 both sold better on #XboxOne.

Also a chart of the top annual sellers over the past years thats kinda fun, I guess

SHEaJlu.png

Interesting to see say, the rise of NBA2K, the fall of Nintendo, the recurrence of same franchises, or what have you.

*ahem* Lets hope we can have some actual discussions around the topic instead of insinuating and spreading FUD when reality does not match one's self-built delusions.

Thank you, now back to the topic at hand...

How does these numbers natch up with the BF4 tracking?

Decently I guess? Basically you know Xbox does good in USA but is overwhelmed by PS4's worldwide advantage.

That Greenberg said BF4 sold better on One only in December only in USA only doesn't really tell us much, but it dovetails well with what you might expect from bf4stats.com.

Cant really glean anything too granular from it.

Greenberg is spittin more numbers

Aaron Greenberg ‏@aarongreenberg 1h

@Steverulez DR3 526K, FM5 457K, RYSE 431K.

Last #NPD fact: 1st/2nd party (exclusives) SW sales for #XboxOne 1.5M units vs. 599K for PS4. Led by Dead Rising, Forza 5 and Ryse.

And this exchange

Abreezy ‏@11000Wattz 1h

@aarongreenberg so 3rd party games sold more on #PS4 ?

Aaron Greenberg ‏@aarongreenberg

@11000Wattz 3rd party did yes, but less overall and less for 1st/2nd party which are the exclusives. Also SW attach rate was higher on XB1

edit: aaron's software numbers he confirmed to be year to date, Nov+Dec in all cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back