The hardware in Kinect 2.0 looks to be amazing where is the software to show it off?

The dashboard menus are really easy to navigate. If anything it's an improvement on the 360. Voice control just makes it dead simple.
Opinions vary then. I have read opinions that they didnt find the dashboard menus intuitive.

I believe the fighter within showcases kinect
Just Dance supports accurate 6 player tracking on XB1. It supports ropey two player tracking on PS4. Sadly there are few reviews of this title despite its value to the social gaming lexicon. Feedback on the fitness apps is also good on this board. For core games it perhaps hasn't shown its worth, and maybe never will, but as an entertainment and value proposition for extra-gaming functionality, it's shown its worth.

Just Dance supports accurate 6 player tracking on XB1. It supports ropey two player tracking on PS4. Sadly there are few reviews of this title despite its value to the social gaming lexicon. Feedback on the fitness apps is also good on this board. For core games it perhaps hasn't shown its worth, and maybe never will, but as an entertainment and value proposition for extra-gaming functionality, it's shown its worth.

Just Dance is 4 player on PS4 & the game also has problems on Xbox One.

Just Dance 2014 isn't really showing off the tech.

Last edited by a moderator:
Opinions vary then. I have read opinions that they didnt find the dashboard menus intuitive.

I should add that party functionality is not as straightforward as it used to be. That is one area that's definitely a step back. It's not hard, it just seemed to be less steps to throw someone an invite on 360.

The system has been out for a week and a couple of days. Not sure they're in emergency territory yet.

:?: huh? No one said they was in emergency territory.

But it seem like they would be doing more to show off their biggest hardware advantage & so far they haven't done much to show how much better the Kinect 2.0 is over Kinect & PS4 Camera even when it's easy to look at the hardware & see that it's a big advantage in the hardware that's inside the Kinect 2.0.

Even when you look at the new Kinect Sports game it seem to be games that's not really showing that it's a big difference in the hardware it's more like they are just showing that Kinect 2.0 is a Kinect that actually work. Most people prospective is that Kinect 1 was already doing the stuff that they are showing right now.

But it seem like they would be doing more to show off their biggest hardware advantage & so far they haven't done much to show how much better the Kinect 2.0 is over Kinect & PS4 Camera even when it's easy to look at the hardware & see that it's a big advantage in the hardware that's inside the Kinect 2.0.

Even when you look at the new Kinect Sports game it seem to be games that's not really showing that it's a big difference in the hardware it's more like they are just showing that Kinect 2.0 is a Kinect that actually work. Most people prospective is that Kinect 1 was already doing the stuff that they are showing right now.

I'm not sure what you're looking for, given that almost all of the advances with Kinect 2 can be boiled down to "does what Kinect 1 did, but actually works"

It's more accurate, isn't impacted by light levels, and has less latency, but it's still doing roughly the same things as the old sensor.

Kinect 1 did not detect a closed hand, that's an advance that's pretty obvious in the wave race demo. Kinect 1 did not automatically log you in based on your face. The people that have the perception that kinect 2 is no better than kinect 1 are probably the same batch of idiots that hated kinect 1 when it was announced and have never actually used it and will go out of their way to hate on V2 for whatever reason.

Kinect 1 did not detect a closed hand, that's an advance that's pretty obvious in the wave race demo. Kinect 1 did not automatically log you in based on your face. The people that have the perception that kinect 2 is no better than kinect 1 are probably the same batch of idiots that hated kinect 1 when it was announced and have never actually used it and will go out of their way to hate on V2 for whatever reason.

Automatic log in isn't showing the result / advantage of all that tech that went into the kinect 2.0 hardware because the PS4 can do it with the simple 2 RGB setup.

And open & closed hand detection is something that I would say come from having a higher resolution Kinect camera & more processing power.

When I look at the hardware & everything that went into Kinect 2.0 then look at what they are showing it feel like Kinect is getting short changed right now.

I guess you can look at it like the PlayStation Move vs the Wiimote it's easy to see that the tech is way above the Wiimote but when you look at the software it's like "oh it's like the Wii" even though it's working a lot better most people's prospective is that the Wii was already doing the same thing.

The head tracking and voice commands in Battlefield are pretty cool. The general use of Kinect at the OS level is very nice. Then you have Kinect Sports Rivals demo and Xbox Fitness. They should have had some full games ready for launch, but Kinect is being used quite a bit.
Thanks goodness they are using it because it can make some gameplay features more fun.

I am surprised by its extensive use in BF4, NFS Rivals, etc etc etc, and disappointed by the lack of Kinect features in Powerstar Golf. I have 10 Xbox One games and those without Kinect support stick out like a sore thumb.

The Witcher 3 is going to support Xbox One specific features like Kinect and Smartglass.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/10/w...s-kinect-and-smart-glass-support-on-xbox-one/

Voice recognition and things like recording voice-over from the get go, head tracking and all that stuff is just the beginning and they are certainly things that set the Kinect apart.

From what I saw in Kinect Sports the game can scan your face and body.

Additionally, I am myopic and I tested Kinect both with glasses and without glasses -contact lenses- and it always has recognised me.

In fact it recognises me when I am unaware, and it's fun because it once identified me one time I was looking at the ceiling, another time I was scratching my ear, another time I was with my hand on my hair, etc etc.

What I'm saying is the system has only been out a week. Kinect Sports was supposed to launch with it, but got delayed. That's a first party game. I doubt devs had a huge amount of time to work with Kinect, and the whole sdk seemed to be in turmoil. Now, I'm not sure what kind of things you're expecting to see, but I'm guessing Kinect Sports, Project Spark and some more family friendly games in the vein of Zoo Tycoon will push Kinect more than your AAA action type games.

What I'm saying is the system has only been out a week. Kinect Sports was supposed to launch with it, but got delayed. That's a first party game. I doubt devs had a huge amount of time to work with Kinect, and the whole sdk seemed to be in turmoil. Now, I'm not sure what kind of things you're expecting to see, but I'm guessing Kinect Sports, Project Spark and some more family friendly games in the vein of Zoo Tycoon will push Kinect more than your AAA action type games.
One of my favourites things I've seen about Zoo Tycoon is having a monkey imitating your gestures. You smile, the monkey smiles, you open your mouth showing your shiny teeth, the monkey opens the mouth showing his teeth.... :smile:

MS is between a rock & hard place. All the core gamers that were going to be buying the system told them a the Xbox One launch event that they didn't want it or hear anything about Kinect. So what do they do for E3? They show the system playing core games. When they finally launch the system now they are getting crucified for not having Kinect games or really showing off Kinect's non-games use. But if they had, then they would have said "we told you we didn't want anything to do with Kinect, all that effort would have been better spent on core games instead." Some of you will always find something to complain about. Remember this is marathon, not a sprint.

Tommy McClain

MS is between a rock & hard place. All the core gamers that were going to be buying the system told them a the Xbox One launch event that they didn't want it or hear anything about Kinect. So what do they do for E3? They show the system playing core games. When they finally launch the system now they are getting crucified for not having Kinect games or really showing off Kinect's non-games use. But if they had, then they would have said "we told you we didn't want anything to do with Kinect, all that effort would have been better spent on core games instead." Some of you will always find something to complain about. Remember this is marathon, not a sprint.

Tommy McClain
I think the problem comes from the fact that people have no other choice than pay some extra cash for the inclusion of Kinect and now its challenged whether this would benefit them

What I'm saying is the system has only been out a week
See the above video dated 2009, i.e. 4.5 years ago. Its not like developers have only suddenly become aware of kinect in the past month.
Why did Ryse go from a kinect only game to not? Have they given any reasons.
In hindsight they prolly should of stuck with kinect perhaps the gameplay would of been better

See the above video dated 2009, i.e. 4.5 years ago. Its not like developers have only suddenly become aware of kinect in the past month.
Why did Ryse go from a kinect only game to not? Have they given any reasons.
In hindsight they prolly should of stuck with kinect perhaps the gameplay would of been better

How long was the Kinect 2 hardware available before launch and what condition was the sdk in? It's not like they could use kinect 1 in its place.

I'm not expecting anything revolutionary. The limitations of Kinect 2 are known. I am expecting there to be more and more content for it, and I'm expecting the quality to be better than Kinect 1.

This is one of the things why I love that the console and Kinect are one.

"**** you, Kinect."
"Invalid command" :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

This is one of the things why I love that the console and Kinect are one.

"**** you, Kinect."
"Invalid command" :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Oh My God!! Is that real?
Does it also work with PS4?

:LOL: :LOL:

Edit: Oh and "fuck you" Cyan! I wanted to add more lol faces because that was so god damn funny but you have already put enough and I am not allowed to post any more

edit2: Looks like it probably works with PS4 too http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1qqkzv/
Funny as hell. Its like an Easter egg

Back