AMD Mantle API [updating]

According to Wikipedia, the upcoming Plants vs Zombies and Sniper Elite games will support it, and they are due in late June.

Given the timing on the graph that would mean 2 more titles are imminent release for Mantle.
Yeah, the new Civ, and Sniper Elite 3, I would mention StarCitizen but that one will definitely get delayed to 2015.
According to Wikipedia, the upcoming Plants vs Zombies and Sniper Elite games will support it, and they are due in late June.
An assumption based on the claim that 15 frostbite games COULD support Mantle. In essence there is no official word that PvZ or Dragon Age 3 will ever support Mantle, latest NFS was frostbite too, but it didn't support it.

PvZ was specifically noted as a title that should have support "out of the box" in a Mantle keynote.
That seems to be on firmer ground for explaining the timing of the graph, rather than the next Civ, which I have not found a release date listed that's in June/July.

Yes when they officially release Mantle it will start at 1 because of BF4 but I don't believe AMD consider this slide to have started yet.

Of course they consider it have started already, since there's already 2 games out there with Mantle, don't forget Thief!

latest NFS was frostbite too, but it didn't support it.
Take with a grain of salt and all, but apparently EA Service desk has said earlier that NFS: Rivals will get Mantle support http://hardware.forumsee.com/a/m/s/...speed-rivals-according-conversation-with.html

PvZ was specifically noted as a title that should have support "out of the box" in a Mantle keynote.
That seems to be on firmer ground for explaining the timing of the graph, rather than the next Civ, which I have not found a release date listed that's in June/July.
Isn't the graph about Mantle games in development, not the released games?

Take with a grain of salt and all, but apparently EA Service desk has said earlier that NFS: Rivals will get Mantle support
Don't know, NFS Rivals developer demonstrated a clear disinterest in the PC market by hard locking the game to 30fps and not providing any AA solution, I would be surprised if they actually cared to implement Mantle at this point.

Isn't the graph about Mantle games in development, not the released games?
It could be, if the Mantle implementation that is still being ironed out in Frostbite 3 is considered no longer in development for BF4.
The graph would be a better indicator for developer momentum if it's saying that as games drop out of the count that they are replaced by greater numbers.

You forgot the new Mirror's Edge. Pretty much every game being developed (and quite likely unannounced ones) using Frostbite will support Mantle.

1ndVrto.jpg

WHen i see : " ALL E.A. Games " , i understand better the move of Nvidia with Ubi-soft ( Next Farcry is no more AMD Gaming Evolved, and nearly all IP / licences of Ubi-soft look suddenly turned to Nvidia, Farcry, Assassin Creed, watchdog etc .. ).. I think Nvidia have not much liked the words of Activision about Mantle ( but this can transpire some developpers problem with how there work have turn with the batman series in collaboration with Nvidia ) ..

WHen i see : " ALL E.A. Games " , i understand better the move of Nvidia with Ubi-soft ( Next Farcry is no more AMD Gaming Evolved, and nearly all IP / licences of Ubi-soft look suddenly turned to Nvidia, Farcry, Assassin Creed, watchdog etc .. ).. I think Nvidia have not much liked the words of Activision about Mantle ( but this can transpire some developpers problem with how there work have turn with the batman series in collaboration with Nvidia ) ..
What did Activision say about Mantle?

What did Activision say about Mantle?

That, they will "need" use it ... ( ( i think it is mostly for Nvidia, knowing the feeling they got about it ), .. I think you can easely got the twit copy in the thread about Mantle .. ( personally i dont have the time for find it ) .

Other than that, last tweets for them was more that they was really interested by it.. ( with their collaboration with nvidia by the past, this is just the only little thing they can say about it, more, they will get 3 guys of Nvidia camping in their office saying them 24/24, this is an error .. ( today, they have only one, but he allready work there on different project anyway ( all my compassion for them )..

Anyway, when i look the recent evenement and annonces, i hope we will not arrive to a point whre we got " Ubi-soft / gameworks " and all their titles who look like Assassin Creed 4 " ... vs All other company who have choose to use Mantle too ( aside DX11-12 ) ( this will be funny because AMD was in the first line for DX10, DX11 and will still be in the first line for DX12 ... ) but this could be an excuse for some productions / games, for Nvidia to translate their opposition by using Gamework exponentially with UbI now . ( and so coming with games who are not opmitized and will never be for AMD gpu's, as is Assassin Creeed series right now ).. Where CFX dont work because it cant be implemented in the code by the developpers, whre performance optimizations are impossible to be made by the developpers for AMD GPU's, because they are not owning the optimizations part anymore, and because they use codes that they cant translate or modifiy for be used on AMD GPU's effeciently.

Todays, got a reviews about gpu's is allready complicated, you need at least really read between the lines and do your research and read many reviews , even about the games used for get an idea of whaat result you are looking about.. I feel the pain for the next hardware reviewers, thoses next years will be terrible...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think one of the biggest draws for large publishers will be lowering the barrier of entry for gaming specs.

I think one of the biggest draws for large publishers will be lowering the barrier of entry for gaming specs.

I tend to believe this is allready the case with APU's, but this have not work so well so far ...

Edit" sorry.. i have not fully understand your post first l. "

Last edited by a moderator:
Back