Dark Souls 2 [PS3,X360]

Fuck fuck fuck ! The game is fantastic :devilish: ! My life is over ! And as far as the inital areas are concerned, the game looks great too ! The enemy characters are beautiful , I mean beautiful !!!! The game is pure magic :love: :love:

I must have stepped through a portal to an alternate universe. It barely looks passable.

I don't think someone who hasn't played it can say that....while it is downgraded technically from the earlier trailers, it still looks better than DS1 and Demon's, what they had going for them was great art style and that is on full display here as well

Aww, it is not that bad...

ibpb98UyV5TpiY.png

iEYlktYYFX1LA.png

iTGEYQ8SXmYIm.png

invoYwHEsfdV1.png

iQmIHNAByhhT1.png

iHqZZ5j1fdj2d.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I must have stepped through a portal to an alternate universe. It barely looks passable.

Well, I am sorry for that. Paying it right now, it is definitely better looking than Demons Souls. Enemies look awesome, really ! Have been to 3 areas, all look great, including the areas in the downgrade areas. They don't look bad at all. Of course their demo build looked much better, but in-game it doesn't look bad at all.

Looks like they had a completely different level and build for demoes and a completely other build with different assets for the retail game. Wonder why they did it, except false marketing. Hope we get to know.

Hmmm...a message said " Illusory Wall". How do I make it appear? There was nothing around it or anywhere. THe message was just past the gate where Pate is sitting in the Forest of the Fallen Giants.

Hmmm...a message said " Illusory Wall". How do I make it appear? There was nothing around it or anywhere. THe message was just past the gate where Pate is sitting in the Forest of the Fallen Giants.

I got that same message in the same spot. But couldn't find an illusory wall either. I thought maybe it's because of how I entered that area.

I got that same message in the same spot. But couldn't find an illusory wall either. I thought maybe it's because of how I entered that area.

I didn't enter from the side of Pate, I went around the Turtle shield guy and ended up at the gate in the end. Also, there is a secret area at the bottom of the room full of those , what do u call them, those arrow shooting weapons. But u need a 'Pharoah's stone' to access it. Where do u get the Pharoah's stone? Also, did u defeat the knights that come out of the door under there? I somehow get killed everytime :(. Whats inside that door?

I think the game favours ranged weapons much more over melee ones.

I didn't enter from the side of Pate, I went around the Turtle shield guy and ended up at the gate in the end. Also, there is a secret area at the bottom of the room full of those , what do u call them, those arrow shooting weapons. But u need a 'Pharoah's stone' to access it. Where do u get the Pharoah's stone? Also, did u defeat the knights that come out of the door under there? I somehow get killed everytime :(. Whats inside that door?

I think the game favours ranged weapons much more over melee ones.

I came in the same way. That's also as far as I've gotten. I haven't been inside that other room.

Am I the only one who wants to wall-run there whenever there's an item out of reach? More then once I've found myself facing a wall in disappointment.

Hahaha ! Hell yeah, some wall running would suffice nicely, but then I guess the enemies would up their act too, this is Dark Souls, after all :D !

Btw, the AI/fighting style of some enemies is so measured and precise. Sometimes , they really act like an adept adversary. Especially the ones which have spears/rappers and shields. Its a sure death if u get swarmed by them, but fighting them one on one feels so good ! They don't attack like zombies at all, very measured, patient , timed attacks. Circle around them with shield and they keep waiting patiently while keeping their shield up too.

Hey, there's a third Estus Flask shard just above the second Bonfire in the FOrest of Fallen GIants. THere's a room upstairs that says "Locked"> My nephew hacked the door with his axe and after some blows it opened up :D ! and there is treasure chest with a Estus flask Shard. Thank god for his frustration :LOL: I had no idea it could be bashed open !

It may be time for me to take PS4 home so that I can RemotePlay the game "quietly" in my study room, away from the kid. :p

Also, after all these years of ranged attack in Dark/Demon's Souls, Heavenly Sword, Last of Us, etc. I have finally signed up for archery class recently. :cool:

Too bad they don't have VR archery. :-/

Edit:
Oh sh*t, no PS4 version yet. Frrroooooooom Software ~~~

It may be time for me to take PS4 home so that I can RemotePlay the game "quietly" in my study room, away from the kid. :p

Also, after all these years of ranged attack in Dark/Demon's Souls, Heavenly Sword, Last of Us, etc. I have finally signed up for archery class recently. :cool:

Too bad they don't have VR archery. :-/

Edit:
Oh sh*t, no PS4 version yet. Frrroooooooom Software ~~~
PS4 version will be out before Christmas with bonus content, similar to the 'prepare to die edition' of dark souls 1.
Though that is a while away.

Just wanna chime in as well: game doesn't look bad at all and also runs an awful lot better than Dark Souls. I'm not very far yet (some sort of underground pirate cove. Also came across an illusory wall message down there. Maybe a torch could reveal hidden entrances? Anyone tried?). God, these scimitar wielding bastards are tough in groups of two or more (or in combination which just about anything else really). That 4-hit combo which ends in a tackle is just devastating. Found my third Estus upgrade down there as well. Still no bonfire, but at least I managed to open some sort of short cut.

I think looks similar to Dark Soul's 1, the game is gonna look pretty slick on PC, even more so if the PC has extra features;
Also could you edit out the images in the quote please.

One big thing that is disappointing about console version is the framerate; A new engine that has the same major flaw of the previous engine. :(

Except it doesn't have the same flaws. Or at least nowhere near to the same degree. While it's certainly not the smoothest experience one could hope for, there's nothing in there even remotely close to the slide show-like experience that was Blightown.

Been watching the walkthrough via EpicNameBro's youtube channel. I'm an older gamer and these days I'd rather live vicariously through other gamers, especially non-blind playthroughs as I enjoy seeing all the secrets and junk.

But in the case of this game, I'm wanting to pick it up for PC, (yes I still support the games I like by buying them even if I spend more time installing them than playing them)...

Yet...

No where have I seen it mentioned if the "better" graphics are going to be on the PC version. I've only seen assumptions in regard to this from the fans and reviewers alike.

But still there's not been one shred of hard evidence stating anything on the PC front.

Is this FromSoftware trying to mitigate gutting their console sales in lieu of picking up PC sales OR, and this is what I fear, they're not going to release the PC version with the preview graphics but some hybrid of the console release graphics tweaked up to be a bit better?

Anyone? Bueller?

So... I know I'm ridiculously late to the party, but I never played Demon Souls, or the first Dark Souls. I know that everyone loves them and I'm thinking of joining the club. Do I need to start from Demon or can I go with Dark Souls, before starting with the second one?

And yes, I'll probably get killed for this, but is Dark Souls just a bigger/better kind of sequel to Demon Souls?

Most importantly for me... Is the story actually interesting? I'd never play them past a few hours if there's no story to keep me hooked...

Back