Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag (PS3, X360, PS4, XBOne)

eloic

Veteran
Assassin's Creed 4

Kotaku showed a promotional poster image:
xlarge.jpg

Full poster image and article here.

And Examiner the first gameplay screenshot:
1361901051_4267_1.jpg

It says that the title is "Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag". It features Edward Kenway, father of Haytham Kenway, and it is set in the Caribbean. More here.

So, it looks like we have another pirates game. Don't get me wrong, I love pirates (in games, movies, etc.), but don't you think that in AC we've already seen similar stuff?

I mean...

ac3naval.jpg

I'd rather prefer something like this, for AC 4:
ac-iii-ps3-59758.jpg

What do you think?
---
Mirror PC thread: http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?p=1714410. Mods, please tell me if we can only have one thread for this and if one will be deleted. Thanks!

I like it. I like it a lot actually. Maybe that'll allow them to tie the naval warfare into the rest of the game in a way that is more than just a fun diversion. Concept art looks dope as well. That building already looks more interesting than all the buildings in AC3 combined. And if Hatham's dad is half as interesting as his son was in AC3, he'll already be a far more charismatic character than Connor.

They did basically the same thing AC2 -> Brother -> Revelations and they were very successful. Why would they fear doing similar pirate style in AC4?

What building are you referring to? The one in the last picture, that is actuallynot related to any actual AC game?

They did basically the same thing AC2 -> Brother -> Revelations and they were very successful. Why would they fear doing similar pirate style in AC4?

Yeah, but those were AC 2 iterations, not like this one (if it turns out to be AC 4, indeed, instead of an AC3 iteration)

Hum, I think going with Caribean Piraty theme would be a good choice if they are doing just an incremental interation of AC3. But for a 4th title, they would better do something more diverse and revolutionary both with the setting and gameplay.

Hum, I think going with Caribean Piraty theme would be a good choice if they are doing just an incremental interation of AC3. But for a 4th title, they would better do something more diverse and revolutionary both with the setting and gameplay.

That's what I mean. In every NEW AC game, we expect a new setting...

And also, I'd rather have them do some incremental interations like that for now, to get accustomed to the new platforms and their potential so they have enough know-how to really wow us when they actually tackle AC4. The imperial Chinese setting is too good of a setting to be wasted on their very first project on next gen systems, specially if it ends up having to be multi-gen.

And also, I'd rather have them do some incremental interations like that for now, to get accustomed to the new platforms and their potential so they have enough know-how to really wow us when they actually tackle AC4. The imperial Chinese setting is too good of a setting to be wasted on their very first project on next gen systems, specially if it ends up having to be multi-gen.

So, you like when AC developers milk each AC game before changing the number...

*looks at milk's nickname*

Oh, well... :LOL:

So, you like when AC developers milk each AC game before changing the number...

*looks at milk's nickname*

Oh, well... :LOL:

Well I don't like it, I just don't care, I would not buy them. I only played bits of AC1 but didn't buy it because of the reviews since I am very picky with unpolished games. I played AC2 and enjoyed it, skiped the sequels and went straight to 3 and don't regreat it. I just know Ubi will want to make them every couple of years, so I prefer they spend their "milking" time and investment on bland sequels I won't care about not playing then having them waste a great setting releasing an undercooked early next gen game with its full potential not realised.

Regarthing the pirate AC (which I´ll probably not play), one nice feature I missed from 3 was a more semless integration of naval gameplay with regular gameplay. I mean, they already have working regular gameplay on board of sailing ships as in the beggining of the game. They also have a very detailed representation of the whole crew moving around the ship while you are sailing and all. How about letting me hop on ship from land and sail off to sea without interuption, and alow me to get off the wheel, hand it off to a trusty crew member (autopilot) and platform around my ship, combat invading enemies or invade their own ship.

Regarthing the pirate AC (which I´ll probably not play), one nice feature I missed from 3 was a more semless integration of naval gameplay with regular gameplay. I mean, they already have working regular gameplay on board of sailing ships as in the beggining of the game. They also have a very detailed representation of the whole crew moving around the ship while you are sailing and all. How about letting me hop on ship from land and sail off to sea without interuption, and alow me to get off the wheel, hand it off to a trusty crew member (autopilot) and platform around my ship, combat invading enemies or invade their own ship.

That would be nice. I hope the introduce some new gameplay options regarding sailing, instead of using just the same, like this is AC 3 and a half or something...

Ubisoft, if you're not (barely) changing the time frame (the setting isn't a big jump, either), do something new at least.

Back