Dead Rising 3 [XO]

It is very open world and busy.

I've just started DR2, co-op. The original was brilliant so I'm in for this one.

I'm glad there's going to be a sandbox mode. I didn't like the old method where everything was timed and so it was quite easy to miss out on events.

I'm the type that REALLY hates missing out on things. :p

Regards,
SB

Trying to decide if I want to get it at launch. I'm pretty sure I will. Having a non-timed mode is pretty much sealing the deal for me. Really happy to hear about that. The biggest reason I'll get it is co-op in a huge sandbox world with a ton of enemies. That's something we didn't really get this gen. Most co-op games were of the linear variety.

I played a bit of the first dead rising game. You could kill zombies in some pretty funny ways, but the controls just sucked ass. It ultimately turned me off. Hope they have a more modern, FPS style control scheme this time.

I played a bit of the first dead rising game. You could kill zombies in some pretty funny ways, but the controls just sucked ass. It ultimately turned me off. Hope they have a more modern, FPS style control scheme this time.

Pretty sure Dead Rising 2 had fixed the shooting, but it's been a while since I played it. Dead Rising made you aim with the left stick from what I remember, which was absolutely crap. It's not really a shooting game though. Mostly a button mashing melee type game. The new one will probably have more guns, but I think it'll still be a melee game for the most part.

It is very open world and busy.

I've just started DR2, co-op. The original was brilliant so I'm in for this one.
So, how is DR2? Is it fun?

I'm glad there's going to be a sandbox mode. I didn't like the old method where everything was timed and so it was quite easy to miss out on events.

I'm the type that REALLY hates missing out on things. :p

Regards,
SB

I am exactly that kind too :D ! So, is DR2 not for me or can it still be fun?

I'm not long into DR2. Similarly you have to rescue as many survivors as you can, and get the main missions completed in time each day. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to save them all.

I'm playing online co-op with a brother who knows where to go, so it's been a doddle so far. There are a lot of weapons/combinations.

I am exactly that kind too :D ! So, is DR2 not for me or can it still be fun?

On PC I believe there are some hacks/program mods you can do to remove the time limitation on the game, but I'm not sure about whether specific events still only happen at X time in the game.

I played it briefly on the friend's PC when it came out but the timed nature of it put me off from buying it. What I played was certainly fun. The timed nature though wasn't for me.

Regards,
SB

The game was very short and was meant to be played through repeatedly. You kept your status progression each time you restarted. The idea was you could complete more each time and get significantly different endings. Not everyone's cup of tea, but for the people that loved the game, it gave them a reason to keep playing and get a lot of hours out of it.

There is a neat 3m ViDoc on the 360 dashboard. The game is fully streaming, so no load screens. The map is several times bigger than the previous games combined. It looks awesome.

I didn't see the very same video in Scott_Arm's post there. Console browsers.

Last edited by a moderator:
cg trailers always strike me as direct proof we need at least one more gen/graphical leap. both from ps360 and now it appears, again for ps4/1 generation.

at least laa-yosh's job may be safe, hah.

anyways, i always skip cg trailers. so boring. even if it's halo, i probably skip it. i want gameplay.

If photorealism is the ultimate goal we're gonna need a lot more than just one further generation. I mean Hollywood has thrown an awful lot of money at the challenge of creating digital human beings, and judging by results like creepy rubber-faced Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy, they still have a long way to go as well. Heck, as long as games continue to recycle animations they'll always look fake in motion anyway.

That CG trailer was cool....anyway I recently downloaded DR2 for free via Live Gold and started playing it...seemed more fun than DR2 Case Zero for some reason. I like the story telling aspect more than the zombie killing. DR3 looks interesting especially with no more load screens and the more open world design.

Last edited by a moderator:
That CG trailer was cool....anyway I recently downloaded DR2 for free via Live Gold and started playing it...seemed more fun than DR2 Case Zero for some reason. I like the story telling aspect more than the zombie killing. DR3 looks interesting especially with no more load screens and the more open world design.

How are you suppose to download these games for free with your Live account.

I haven't played DR2, but bought Case Zero (haven't opened it yet).

I think I tried once a couple of months ago with what was supposed to be a free title and it had a points costs assigned so cancelled it before checking out.

How are you suppose to download these games for free with your Live account.

I haven't played DR2, but bought Case Zero (haven't opened it yet).

I think I tried once a couple of months ago with what was supposed to be a free title and it had a points costs assigned so cancelled it before checking out.

If you're a live Gold member it's on the main Xbox page right now...though I'm not sure if it works for non US countries?

Back