Dragon Age III: Inquisition. Standard official discussion thread [XO,PS4,PS3,X360]

New screens, no idea which version of the game:

daionlinescreen2_W.jpg

daionlinescreen1_W.jpg

Will get this on the PC for better control options. Combat better be like DA: 1.

I disagree. I liked the snappier combat in DA2 a lot more. I liked how you could actually evade stuff for example. In DA1, that fireball flying towards you from a million miles away is going to hit you no matter whether you try and hide behind a wall or run for the hills. Why? Because of fucking dice rolls in the back ground. I also liked how the non-mage classes were a lot more useful (archery just sucks in DA1) and how well they all complimented each other. The A.I. was a lot better as well, so you didn't have to baby sit them all the time.
That said, I liked the flexibility of DA1's skill trees and how the enemies didn't attack in what seemed like never-ending waves. I guess I'd be most pleased with a good middle ground between the two.

Nop, that's Morrigan:

bFpC9SE.jpg

Claudia Black's voice and accent (the actress who voiced Morrigan in Origins) is clear in the trailer when that character appears.
Nonetheless, the amber colored eyes and pruple eye-shade would give it away.

I don't know what you mean about being a protagonist, or what that has to do with Morrigan's face.

This is Morrigan in Origins. I want her back :(

XjaTchv.jpg
More news about the past and present of Morrigan... Despite the fact that beauty is such a highly subjective matter, I think she looked better in the original and needn't to be changed.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...-inquisition-s-morrigan-past-and-present.aspx

daionlinescreen_morrigan_610_W.jpg

morrigan_1.jpg

The original was a schematic, abstract doll and not a living character. The voice acting may have helped but the artwork was mediocre in both DA1 and most of DA2.

More news about the past and present of Morrigan... Despite the fact that beauty is such a highly subjective matter, I think she looked better in the original and needn't to be changed.

daionlinescreen_morrigan_610_W.jpg

I quite like this look, the other shots are pretty bad though.

The original was a schematic, abstract doll and not a living character. The voice acting may have helped but the artwork was mediocre in both DA1 and most of DA2.

I kinda liked the character art in the second game actually. (except for that brooding titanium blonde elf guy who looked like got lost on the way to the next Final Fantasy game) I especially liked how the elves weren't just humans with pointy ears anymore. Having a tall-tale spinning dwarf both clean shaven and non-axe wielding was also a-okay in my book. The facial animations were also much improved. What really brought the whole presentation down were the bland environments.

The game also had some of Bioware's best writing I thought. I replayed the frst game shortly after I had finished the second, and man, the writing in that game is just painfully stiff.

I also like Morrigan's new look. She's supposed to be a witch of the wild, not some down-rezzed poser model.

Wow, game really looks great, and they've added top down tactical view FOR ALL PLATFORMS. :) I recommend viewing in 1080p

BTBjQLZCUAEXASK.jpg:large

I'm just back from 8 hour Skyrim run and I bet my eyes play tricks on me as Dragon Age 3 art style seem very cartoony. Reminds me of SWTOR.

DICE and EA Sports teams have done great job with character movement animations in games like Battlefield, but I guess they haven't done "stylized" fighting moves. I don't like that hit animations still go thru enemy characters, including shields and weapons.

I always play these games on highest difficulty setting and I'm bit worried about the "friendly fire slider" as opposed encounters designed friendly fire default on. Any encounter that require area of effect damage while mobs swarm at you, become stupidly hard, even with pause.

Otherwise Bioware and EA have learnt many important lessions what not to do from the pitiful Dragon Age 2.

That's funny, as I think it looks vastly better than Skyrim, like night and day. The only thing Bethesda's art team got right is scale, everything else is a mess - models, textures, shaders, lighting, they're all unnatural and unpleasing and look rushed...

Oh and it's as far from cartoons as it gets, as the Frostbite engine provides physically correct, energy conserving shaders and lighting, features that are missing from the Skyrim engine completely.

There's room for some criticism about the quality and the art style of the assets in DA3 but it's still much much better than the previous episodes. The demons and the dwarf in particular look very good IMHO.

For me the game looks vastly better than the previous in terms of style. I can see what people are saying about the cartoon look, the colors are very vibrant, the shadows look exagerated. But who cares? It looks sick :cool:

I'm more hoping that the speech animations are improved along with the cinematography.

Watched all the current DA3 material available and I still can't feel it. Skyrim gave me brain rot or something. I mean I hate gamebryo engine and it's deriatives. I simply can't stand how animation feels weightless and combat is like sliding on ice in Skyrim. Sun stops for few secs and updates shadows. And shadows are like jaggy mess anyway.

Something about art style mixed with shaders, environment and character models, colours and lighting just don't click for me in DA3. Oh well, Dragon Age looked like garbage too and it was ok game. I'll stay as much as I can in isometric view point (if possible in final product).

That's funny, as I think it looks vastly better than Skyrim, like night and day. The only thing Bethesda's art team got right is scale, everything else is a mess - models, textures, shaders, lighting, they're all unnatural and unpleasing and look rushed...
Nothing like the fog effects in Skyrim though, and how convincing it looks when you see those mountains.

News:

Dragon Age Inquisition on PC, Xbox One and PS4 will offer a huge leap in visual quality and immersion over its current-gen counterparts, according to BioWare. Apart from the visual difference between current and next-gen builds of DA: Inquisition, the world is going to be richer in the next gen versions of the game.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Drag...-Richer-World-on-PS4-Xbox-One-PC-380226.shtml

At ~18m20s, you'll see the tactical view/interface is back from DA:Origins.

Back